someguywho

Someguywho's North Koreans

North Koreans anyone? Here they are.

arma2OA2011-07-0217-06-14-71.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-0217-43-20-84.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-0217-45-23-45.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-0217-51-46-62.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-0217-55-06-08.jpg

Now you have something for your South Koreans to shoot at ;)

Thanks to JohnCage for letting me use his Russians.

required_addons.png

Arma 2

Download here:

Version 1.2

ArmA2Base.de Mirror:

North Koreans v1.2 by someguywho

ArmAholic Mirror:

North Korean Army v1.2

armedassault.info Mirror:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1763

Multiupload

'>http://www.multiupload.com/EC0KZ0FRK3

Edited by someguywho

Now we just need North Korea-South Korea border map to play on...

North Korea's dont use bodyarmor for army regular infantry :hehe:

Edited by RED SOLDAT

good job on the face textures - one aspect arma is poor at and most modders don't tackle. well done!

Now I can kill Cream Sum Yung Gai and leave his family fatherless.

Good stuff. Now we just need a korea border map to battle it out over the border :D.

Now we just need a korea border map to battle it out over the border

Well..

A while back, before I got involved with CWR2, and all my free time suddenly vanished ;), I'd pulled a few basic heightmaps for different terrains into the game - just to see if any of them were worth developing... one of these was Limnos, which BIS seem to be making now :D...

Another was that currently much-disputed little rock in the Yellow Sea - Yeonpyeong_Island...

It's a tricky little landscape - some shallow sea/beaches have been bulldozed into causeways and harbour - none of which shows up on the heightmap of course, and would require a bit of modelling...

Google pictures are also a little thin on the ground...

Anyhow - there were no appropriate units at the time, I had other stuff to do... and now ALL my time is currently tied to finishing CWR2 Everon... So - much the same as Limnos - I just happen to have a working in-game version of Yeonpyeong - plus source files! :D ... to give away...

It's not a very big island group, and there's not a lot on there, from what I can see on Google map... it probably would be feasible to finish the project to a reasonable standard in a fairly short time...

I'll dig out all the appropriate files, package them up and post 'em here later this evening... perhaps someone will pick up on the project and finish it as a playground for these excellent new units!

Here's a couple of pics - just to lower your expectations a little ;) (It really is just the basic heightmap dressed with 4-way textures...

Yeonpeyong.jpg

yeonpeyong2.jpg

***edit***

OK.. as promised... free to a good home...

yeonpyeong_menu_ca.png

@Yeonpyeong (66Mb) - Basic playable landscape demo

Yeonpyeong Island Source Files (169Mb)

NO discussion or questions here, please - this is someguywho's thread... Feel free to PM me if you need some advice regarding the source files...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

i don't know if you can but, some one has realesed WW2 russian unit on ArmA 1, you could use them for the light unit ( with the permission of course ), now some of the NK soldier use a camo who's a copy of the M-81 woodland, for the weapon, they use a copy of a AK 74 ( i think vilas made one ), for the vehicules, you should ask for the I44 team, the NK use some copy of a US WW2 canon mounted on a halftrack.

hope it can help, downloadin' the unit right now

Dear god... ARMA 2 go Asians.

We got PLA, JSDF, ROKF and now KPA... this will going to get me busy with mission editor. lol

cool release!

Just wondering: is it possible for you to create thermal textures for the units? they're appearing all while just like ArmA2 marines in FLIR scopes : (

What map is the one used in the 3 pics? Looks like highlands in Asia! Perfect for a Navy Seal sabotage mission!

What map is the one used in the 3 pics? Looks like highlands in Asia! Perfect for a Navy Seal sabotage mission!

I think its Sahrani. You can get it by dowloading CAA1 mod from Yoma Addon Sync.

Just one question, anybody know the file names (not class names) of the PMC DLC faces? The ones that begin with hhl. This would be great for modders to know as we cannot find out for ourselves as the files are locked. ;)

We got PLA, JSDF, ROKF and now KPA.

Yeah, mate. Awesome, innit? :yay:

Edited by Laqueesha

onwards to victory for the glorious leader!

North_korean_army.jpg

nice mod, be trying them out.

I think its Sahrani. You can get it by dowloading CAA1 mod from Yoma Addon Sync.

It is indeed this.

cool release!

Just wondering: is it possible for you to create thermal textures for the units? they're appearing all while just like ArmA2 marines in FLIR scopes : (

Unfortunately I don't have access to the original models so I'm not sure I can.

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

And thank you Foxhound for hosting it. First post updated

I'll will try this one out, it is a great initiative by you someguywho.

Thanks!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more target practice:D thx so much

I have some North Korean fellows and weapons if you are interested?? ;)

finally! some good north koreans that i can kill.