Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

ARMA 2: OA beta build 82448

I only get this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/232/shot01a.jpg/

when my video memory is set to default and have done since day one.

ATI 4890 1gb all drivers.

Try stock drivers. I have ATI and same picture when I use newest drivers. But when I use stock - all fine and no any artefacts. Strange but true.

Try stock drivers. I have ATI and same picture when I use newest drivers. But when I use stock - all fine and no any artefacts. Strange but true.

Nah its cool if I set video memory to any thing else eg low/v-low/high etc etc I dont get it so I just leave it at v-High

Yes i can confirm this too , it just show up like for 1sec then go away and sometimes it repeats

btw i have similar issue in newest TOH preview too

Same thing happens for me too. Don't know about ToH though. I still can't get it to launch with out a CTD.

In general this beta is fantastic. And the access_violation CTD doesn't happen any more when I'm using ACE2.

Seems to be better performance but the numbers dont suggest it. Must be just smoother.

ATTACHTO still broken

And AI or Auto Landing of Aircraft have been changed and now;

- Many community addons touch and go, or dont even touch

- An2 at least doesnt crash now, but wont land. Nearly touches down.

- MQ9 crashes short of the runways

Gnat;1971541']Seems to be better performance but the numbers dont suggest it. Must be just smoother.

ATTACHTO still broken

And AI or Auto Landing of Aircraft have been changed and now;

- Many community addons touch and go' date=' or dont even touch

- An2 at least doesnt crash now, but wont land. Nearly touches down.

- MQ9 crashes short of the runways[/quote']

Also:AI pilots in helicopters still don't care about their landing zones. They just drop helicopter down. Even if there is buildings, trees or something that can cause crash. They just don't care :D Their aviodance: if they fly by different courses, then all fine in most of cases, but if their courses is same... 90% of cases ends with damage or crash for both helicopters.

Various crash Exception Codes with this beta that seem to depend on what -malloc setting I'm using:

No -malloc parameter:

C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00000000

-malloc=0:

C000001D ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION at 0E1FF0E5

-malloc=1:

C0000094 INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO at 0093A180

-malloc=2:

C0000096 PRIV_INSTRUCTION at 00C027BD

And all point to my graphics card drivers still. Crash dumps are on the way to Dwarden.

Edited by Zipper5

C0000094 INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO at 0093A180

Oh my god!

Various crash Exception Codes with this beta that seem to depend on what -malloc setting I'm using:

Why are using an allocator for this build? Suma said malloc=3 has been integrated, so I don't think using an allocator is warranted any longer, AFAIK.

I am getting little worse performance with this beta (using malloc 3). Especially in cutscenes there is much FPS stuttering when camera changes to new position. Before the textures loaded slow, but the FPS stayed smooth even when camera pos changed and there was textures loading. Also when loading mission there is insertion stuttering from the texture loading.

OMAC he only said the default is different now. Please read carefully and don't give people a wrong idea.

I am getting little worse performance with this beta (using malloc 3). Especially in cutscenes there is much FPS stuttering when camera changes to new position. Before the textures loaded slow, but the FPS stayed smooth even when camera pos changed and there was textures loading. Also when loading mission there is insertion stuttering from the texture loading.

Same for me :(

Using -malloc=4 gave me better results with this build, though.

(No crashes and smooth feeling although FPS in CPU- heavy scenes on Chernarus especially are still abyssmal compared to 79600)

Edited by @ST

Yes, and unless problems are encountered related to allocation, the use of the allocator is not warranted, as I wrote. That is not giving people the wrong idea. Possibly you are confused. Please read my last post again carefully. "integrated" = default.

To quote your important part:

so I don't think using an allocator is warranted any longer, AFAIK.

Of course you can still use -malloc and its different options. And it will have an effect.

So as I take it not using a -malloc option is the same a using malloc=3 from malloc test beta?

correct

Can confirm this has been present since last few BETAS:

C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00000000

Suspected cause is ACE modification as the error has appeared on our dedicated server after being stable for a year+, occuring for around 6 weeks now. Attempted to now use BETAS to solve the issue, but have had them on 82128.

Upgraded again, just waiting for more playtests. Dedicated server appears to crash after about 1 hour 30 minutes, still trying to resolve the issue but no support due to logs being on 1.59 build and were not accepted by Dwarden. Waiting for some more logs in order to send them over.

Edited by rexehuk

I did post a sceen pic in the other threat is this what your getting? http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/232/shot01a.jpg/

It's been around for most of the betas.

I saw this artifact a few times while playing the Dear Gunter SP user mission. Its appearance is quite sporadic and unpredictable, even after over an hour of gameplay. It's there, but rare.

Edited by OMAC

I'm having a bit of a problem running the beta on my dedi server. It keeps coming up with an error about DefaultPathProfile or something. Any idea what I need to put into my command line to get this to work?

Cheers guys.

Crashed with

C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00442DD8

after around ~45 min of play w/ mods.

Crash dumps sent..

Laserdesignator for SSM seems to be broken. The laser shows under the center point and A10 never arrives to shoot the target when laserdesignator is used. If you give a static target by just targeting with any gun or binocular then all work good.

Edited by SaOk

Played 3.5 hours with A2:CO, BAF, PMC, CWR2 and a lot of other addons.

No crashes and smooth ride.

Me and the dedicated server both had 82448, what the other clients had, I don't know.

I have a lt of messages in the rpt, but since I use that many addons, I will not sort out the ones for beta.

Will try a little later with just the basics.

Hey NoBrainer ... how did you get the beta working on your dedi? What commandline did you use mate?

Hey NoBrainer ... how did you get the beta working on your dedi? What commandline did you use mate?

Just hard install it on the dedi, backup the addons and expansion files that the beta replaces. Then just Copy/Paste beta folder contents into each server root, job done.

We go this root as we use service wrappers and they don't like beta start paths.

Hmmmm looks like I needed a few more files. Anyone else have an easy way to get it to work ?

Edited by Kremator