Sign in to follow this  
firestorm_one

Moving between islands

Just wandering if it will be like the original and you actually sail between the islands, or will it be like mass effect 2 and you see a little ship icon move around in crummy 2D?

With all the impressive GFX going into the game I really hope its the former and truly feel like a captain of a ship.

They said they want to keep the overall feel of the old classic so I'd guess they kept the sailing part. Not to mention this would allow you some time to oversee your strategy while sailing. Also I think that when you're finished with that but you're still some distance away from the next island that you'll get the option to use a 'timewarp' feature. They did use that in the demonstration on E3 or some form of it.

Think it’s the quiet before the storm I enjoy in games. I used to play Silent Hunter sub sim and enjoy the rough seas and general sailing. I think if you are not sailing in real time if you want, then they have missed a trick plus online it would add to the suspense that you just dony know when an attack could happen or just a enemy scout. :D

Well they said you will battle at land, sea and air so i hope so. They seem to like the whole open world, massive scale environment too so i reckon it will be so :)

I do remember some footage from the E3 where it showed the ship moving in real-time and in the environment so you could see the ship moving from an onboard view.

If I find it again I'll post here...

Edited by EDcase