Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Isla Balkania (aka Project Massacra)

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

@IceBreakr: do not feed the Trolls, just report them, ok mate? ;)

Myke;2237728']@IceBreakr: do not feed the Trolls' date=' just report them, ok mate? ;)[/quote']

Guys, sorry me please!

I dont want spam, i just joked!

Ice are the houses are "enterble" on the map? What type of those did u use?

Is there any open fields on the map or just the mountains? Thx

Houses will be enterable, well most of them if not all.

There are plently of open areas, even flat. A big town will be a fictional one based in the center of the map and will act as a UN-controlled hotpoint that each of three waring sides wants to control. There are a few rivers present, but nothing big to use bigger ships on, just small boats. Sea is a different matter, so bigger ships will be able to reach all three sides capital towns.

Its based on RL data, but it will be made as an island and not peninsula or something like that.

No WIP shots yet, will release a trailer before the release of first beta.

I have the feeling that this map will have similarities like your Panthera map. I might be wrong its just a guess.

BTW I love Panthera :)

Houses will be enterable, well most of them if not all.

There are plently of open areas, even flat. A big town will be a fictional one based in the center of the map and will act as a UN-controlled hotpoint that each of three waring sides wants to control. There are a few rivers present, but nothing big to use bigger ships on, just small boats. Sea is a different matter, so bigger ships will be able to reach all three sides capital towns.

Its based on RL data, but it will be made as an island and not peninsula or something like that.

No WIP shots yet, will release a trailer before the release of first beta.

Hi Ice, u plan to use Balkan army for ur map? Or u will create self soldiers?

Hi Ice, what do you plan on eating tomorrow morning for breakfast?

Seriously dude, the fact that there is a Unit Design section on the very first post of this thread already answers your question before you even wrote it.

Love the idea of a map I wont comment the storyline.

If you need topo maps of complete ex you know what I can help with that. Used to work in the gov. sector of infrastructure and still have some ties ;)

This will be great battleground for my upcoming mod.

Pozz.

wld - assume you're looking at UN forces for part of this?

there are built in ones I'm sure you know already.

single stock UN vehicle lol - could upgrade with ACR trucks etc

M113_UN_EP1

Mykes su34?

GLT_Su34_UN_Fighter

pookies brdms UN side

BRDM2IMP_UNO

BRDM2IMPPolice_UNO

BRDM2IMPPolicePatrol_UNO

BRDM2IMPHQ_UNO

BRDM2IMPHQcomm_UNO

BRDM2IMPPKM_UNO

BRDM2IMPAA_UNO

your UN kit

PRACS_M113_UN

PRACS_M113_AMB_UN

PRACS_GunCrew_UN

the guerillas from A2 would be fine as "croatian" militia

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Units/Guerillas/

the insurgents will be fine as serbian army

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Units/Insurgents/

the OA UN forces aren't too sandy

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/OA/Units/UN/

If I was putting evolution onto this map, without mods I'd use this lot (plus pookies BRDM's)

If you woodland your PRACS vecs they'd be perfect.

I guess we oughta see if someone can supply a tornado (rock?)

sander's peacekeepers (may be a bit modern?)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6192

this lot look perfect

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16374

anyway good luck with this guys - happy to port evolution onto it as soon as I can have a beta

Well, the project is on & off for the past few weeks. I'm wrapping up Panthera v2.8 and finishing Alienz mod with new extraterrestial faction, armed with weapons & two hunt behaviours. Then its Balkania time.

... Then its Balkania time.

Copyright this, now.

I hope you were putting sunglasses on as you said that, because that's the only way I can imagine it :cool:

I hope you were putting sunglasses on as you said that, because that's the only way I can imagine it :cool:

This. It must be a local beer brand, I'm sure. Favoured by civilians, UN soldiers, militias and mercenaries alike. The local nightclub for press and other shadier expats in the UN controlled city has Balkania on tap, right? I hope the brewery survived the war, or at least was rebuilt afterwards. We shall see.

It has been a long time since last update. Map is not available to broader public yet, we're doing some internal tests. Thing is that I'm awaiting new tools for A3 and we will release map for A3. As you know, many of the content will be converted from A2 with a lot of ease, so hopefully tools will get released as the game final ver. approches. Beta is next week, so I'm not in a rush to release this - main reason: I want to use new buildings from A3. They fit perfectly with the RL shots I've done of "Balkania" ;)

Sadly no. I'm probably making a first release for A3 beta or even final. No tools yet, and A2 community is falling a bit apart right now. Problem are objects, I need to use new Greek buildings as Balkania has almost similiar in design in RL.

Using arrowhead buildings (taki) would double the work... and I'm dead tired of those.

Sadly no. I'm probably making a first release for A3 beta or even final. No tools yet, and A2 community is falling a bit apart right now. Problem are objects, I need to use new Greek buildings as Balkania has almost similiar in design in RL.

Using arrowhead buildings (taki) would double the work... and I'm dead tired of those.

Thats sad to hear regarding this project, but i see you point and concern of moving your project forward. I look forward to your release in A3, if you wish for this thread to be closed. Just let a Mod know :)

Please lock down this topic. I'll release Balkania map for A3 Final. I'm currently already happy with the internal alpha ;)