Sign in to follow this  
celery

COOP 10 Chernarus Apocalypse, part two - Zombies without addons!

Arma 2 Free version released

Changelog:

• Removed or changed OA objects and units
  • Changed player characters and some of their weapons
  • Downgraded some scripts to A2 friendly form

Holy crap the SP version of this is hard.

Would love to see a walk through just to see others play this.

I do play with ACE though so would like some one to do a walk through using ACE :)

Is there a way to edit the mission so the zombies drops ammo, weapon or bandage? because we are so pussy little girls and cant stop screaming, run and shooting like crazy xD

We had a great fun game with this mission, and btw the MP5 still not working, I think its something with ACE

Look at this pussy little girls playing zombies, language is spanish though, but you will see hahaha :D

lTu4WkLICDY

Lol, how much entertainment can you get from one dog. :p

I'm not familiar with the MP5 issue, but ACE is probably the culprit. There aren't any special tricks used in adding the weapon (other than getting the magazine classname from the weapon's config), so it could be a global problem with the mod.

Great mission Celery, intense, dark and scary even under the daylight.

I know that what I'm going to ask is so far from the standard Z behaviour because the Z are supposed to be almost brainless and instinctive (damn...it seems the description of some real people I know!), but what about the possibility that an infected player becomes playable as Z and after his un-death it starts to fight against the rest of the human party?

Compliments again for your great job!

I don't understand why this mission doesn't have more downloads! It's amazing! The atmopshere is great, especially for ArmA!

I don't understand why this mission doesn't have more downloads! It's amazing! The atmopshere is great, especially for ArmA!

Maybe It's because a lot of people playing this mission got it from Multi player mission cache.

The first time I played it I was wandering the servers looking for something not too challenging to play. After a little deathmatch the server admin decided for an Apocalypse (first chapter), so I discovered and downloaded the mission in that way. :)

Most people don't know where multi player mission cache is, so I doubt that's why.

Most people don't know where multi player mission cache is, so I doubt that's why.

:) where's the mission cache :) new to game played a zombie mission last nite was sweet was called like Raymond zombie (something)

Mission updated to version 1.3!

Changelog:

v1.3

• Updated script base to match CA1 v1.2 - server needs to run at least 1.59 BETA
  • Fixed JIP issues
  • Fixed buildings exploding on player JIP
  • Fixed ending screen glitch
  • Removed Vodnik's cargo to prevent ACE jerrycan exploit
  • Tweaked crate loadouts
  • Made zombies less able to hit you unfairly in staircases and ladders
  • Increased dog's attack area
  • Improved music quality

Both versions updated!

Changelog:

v1.3a

• Applied v1.3 Free fixes
  • Added a magazine type to the list of items zombies can drop

v1.3 Free

• Applied v1.3 improvements where compatible
  • Fixed erroneous unit descriptions and loadouts
  • Fixed accuracy script
  • Removed dog ending to prevent a possible JIP bug
  • Removed magazine dropping due to network issues

OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE

Characters:

• The Reporter (Pilot in Free) knows more precise locations of the caches, making the search much easier and streamlining the flow of the mission. He's also a natural choice for leaders because of his omniscient GPS.
  • The Mercenary has a suppressed SMG with more ammunition than anyone else. He should be the main shooter at the beginning.
  • The Writer has a suppressed pistol with almost as much ammunition as the Mercenary. The pistol's sights are much better against running zombies than the SMG's.
  • The Marine has a suppressed assault rifle, good for taking out zombies from a moderate distance but hasn't much ammo. The choice of a calm and precise shooter.
  • The Doctor is the lifeline of any party with his 8 bandages. His powerful handgun (suppressed Makarov in Free, otherwise revolver) is offset by the noise it makes, making for a dangerous journey before finding the first cache.
  • The Colonel (General in Free) has the suppressed version of the worst gun in the game (AKS-74U in Free, otherwise suppressed Makarov), but his satchel charge can help out in a pinch.
  • The German Shepherd has a very special approach. It has very great speed and it kills normal zombies with one bite. On the downside it's very prone to melee damage if it doesn't take out its prey with perfect timing, and it can't heal itself. The dog is best suited to being a final failsafe to take out zombies that have gotten dangerously close to the rest of the party. It can also attract zombies by barking, and herd them as a distraction or for others to shoot.
  • The rest of the characters are extra slots and shouldn't be picked unless the above slots are taken. They have unsilenced weapons with less ammo. You might be tempted to pick the marksman, but in the mission's context he has very little ammo and sniping zombies isn't as useful as it might sound at first.

General tips:

• Zombies are vulnerable to headshots. The vulnerability extends to the neck and upper chest area, at least with more powerful weapons.
  • Zombies can hear gunshots. If the party has suppressed guns, avoid firing unsuppressed weapons if you can unless you're ready to fight and clearing zombies from the vicinity is beneficial.
  • Practice fire discipline by using a single shooter per zombie to avoid wasting ammunition. The rest should open fire only if the designated shooter fails to kill the target at a safe distance.
  • Move fast but without leaving anyone behind. Advancing at a walking pace is a waste of time and ultimately exposes you to more zombies.
  • When you're on the move, stop for every zombie that attacks you. If you keep running, you'll soon end up with a self-made horde on your heels.
  • Heal only when you have two strikes unless you have extra bandages and you're clearly heading into harm's way.
  • Closing doors behind you won't help you: it will only make it difficult for you to escape.
  • If you have space, take with you magazines for weapons belonging to an unused slot or extra ones that your party hasn't encountered yet. JIP players will be much better off and you will have extra ammunition for weapons you will find later on.
  • You can kite pursuing zombies by running backwards and bringing up the sights on the move for a very short duration to fire potshots. Requires good timing but is very useful.
  • Zombies sometimes drop bandages or magazines. Don't check their gear as you will never find anything, rather look at the bodies and see if the "take bandage" action comes up. If a magazine is dropped, it will usually be at the zombie's feet as a separate pouch.
  • Vehicles generate noise that attracts zombies from double their normal aggro range.
  • Being unarmed reduces a zombie's aggro range to you by 80%, enabling you to go past them just by leaving a 40 meter gap in between.
  • If you die, you can go back to slot selection and choose another character provided you're not the host of a listen server and there are unused characters.

Objective tips:

• If the Reporter (Pilot in Free) isn't in your party, searching for the caches can take time. To make it easier, split up and systematically check all the places where the caches may be. Do not blindly follow someone else when looking for a cache.
  • The fuel can's location is equally unknown to everyone. Systematic searching and splitting up to speed the process is the way to go here as well. When the can is located, regroup and heal up before taking it.
  • All the possible cache and fuel can locations have been hand-picked and they can be found only in places where the task descriptions say so.
  • Run all the way back to northern Berezino to refuel the Vodnik and escape. Do NOT lag behind, as the party has to be together when it reaches the Vodnik. Finding the right way to escape is as easy as driving straight until you encounter an obstacle on the road (or reading the map beforehand). Don't stay put longer than you have to or the car is zombie fodder.

Edited by Celery

Celery. Strategy guide. Really.....? Would never have thought it... :)

Nice thought, but I'd say work it out for yourself - 'tis where the fun happens :D

Protip:

After a big zombie bash, bodies which linger are likely to be carrying bandages. Empty ones tend to bugger off pretty quick.

Love all of the Celery zombie games. So much fun.

Would love to see a similar game set on Lingor or Duala.

Well, I just got laughed at for shrieking like a girl while playing this mission. Definitely top notch quality. :)

hi,

I spent some time in ofp editor lately and there was a long time that I didn't played ArmA2. I opened a server tonight, few people connected and we had great fun playing your trilogy. Good performance, nice atmosphere, cool zombies... You definitely need good formation and team play to complete those missions. Very nice job! I hope you will release some more. Keep it up!

cya.

Nikiller.

This is so fun to play but its so hard. I have played all the maps a beat the first 3 (prolog 1 2) not part 3 yet its to hard on my own anyway but i cant wait for the next part to come out i hope to see some more city fights cuz thats a lot harder i say like one the citys down south like you have to get on a boat and get away idk ^_^ KODOs