Sign in to follow this  
Hanzu

Dogs Of War objective Deal with Russians - is it possible before Transfer Lopotev?

Dogs Of War objective Deal with Russions puzzles me...

It previously completed when I completed Transfer Lopotev and eliminated ambushing Spetznaz rebels, BUT this time I wanted to see if could just walk to Russians after all towns are captured and use diplomacy to convince them to leave.

In my first and so far the only try I happily walked to the northwestern airfield to find them. I saw one of their tanks and peacefully walked towards it and BLAM! they blasted me like I would be the most dangerous man of Armauniverse.

Anyone else tried to go to meet them peacefully and without Lopotev?

BTW. Russian base is not near Krasnostav airfield like written in objective briefing. Instead it is right about where Russian flag is in the map near unnamed airfield. Consider it some bad Army intelligence or a bug.

It is silly that Diplomacy menu always shows OPFOR: Hostile if it cannot be changed before mission already ends.

Edited by Hanzu

Since zero feedback for a month. I reply myself on this.

I tested this myself and after all towns were captured for friendly forces and there was nothing else to left undone than driving Lopotev to Russian roadblock (and Spetznaz ambush), I drove my armor near Russion base and tried to walk there peacefully and BANG! Russian armor took a shot at me.

So the answer for my own question is no.

What is also silly is that how close to Russian base it is possible to drive, knock some trees or other obstacles and still leave safely they will only shoot when you are really close to them. With all the variety of its aircraft and vehicles they did not really convince me beeing a real army unit guarding their camp and observing surroundings.

Hello, im new here! You asked if anyone tried this, and yes I did, with same result as you.

But I loaded a Mi-8 full of troops and accompanied by two Mi-24s so when the russians started to attack it was a bloody warzone, so it was kinda fun. In the end some razor team member died so it was reload. :eek:

So I guess no diplomacy is possible in this mission. The mission description says something about a liutenant who knows more about the task, but i couldnt find him either.

I'm in a similar position. Every thing else is done. Speznas attack when droping off Lopotev, all Vills are Blue/Green. Only Investigate the location (Small island to South East): which i can't seem to find anything at night.

So I left for the Russian encampment. Tried "nice". Then "nasty" then insurgence. Placing a stealthy sachel near every Bird and set of wheels gets me seen eventually. Clearing a hanger of what looks like flight crews that nave no NVG's sets off the alarm. Blowing the sachels fails the mission. finishing the overall mission. Only to bring you to a new level that's called "revelations". The revelation is that i'd just actuated a nuclear responce from the Russians......

DOH! Time to wait for day break then "investigate loacation" again i guess......