Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

I'd like a mix of updated classics (Super DC-3 sees the light, F-20 Tigershark gets a chance!) as well as recent innovations.

For lower tech smugglers and insurgents, oldies but goodies. They need something capable of defeating modern armor, air, etc, while nothing too modern as if a conventional army with it's own industries. M60 Pattons, T-64s, Centurions, for tanks. BRDM, BMP, local makeshift armored vehicles for armored personnel carriers. Local cars outfitted with slapped on armor and machine guns, like the old humvees before they upgraded them to M1114 for soft body transport and hit and run and such. Weapons like home made classics, locally made guns (such as underground networks making their own designs for use), and then things like AK-74, M16A1, Mosin Nagant, classics. Mosin Nagant scoped for sniper rifle FTW. Also: M21 Tactical, old ones, 7.62x51mm. Specially made rounds as well.

And of course: knives. We need some way to melee. DayZ has crowbars and axes, but I'd rather something better than that personally. Either I can go stealthy and sneak up for a quick kill, or something to use in emergencies in close quarters (bayonets, bashing my rifle in that guy's face).

Also: molotovs and other lovely home-made tools for wrecking havoc.

a black hawk..... it has been in every game but the standar arma 2, there is no BIS game with no black hawk, they should add at least the M variant

Bit late to throw my hat in the ring, but I would love to see an Arma Dev's artist impression of a stealth helicopter such as the one proposed to have been used in the infamous Abbottabad raid, its obvious this is the real future of military helo use.

I thought they already have, with the Comanche stealth helo... though that's not a Stealth transport helo. It's a Scout/Gunship helo. But who knows, they might put it in :)

I wouldn't be surprised if BI simply used the design from David Cenciotti and Ugo Crisponi (of AviationGraphic.com) at the blog The Aviationist popularized as the "MH-X" ("our Stealth Black Hawk became a worlwide de facto standard: model kits, documentaries, videogames, articles feature the stealthy chopper I conceived with Crisponi")... here's the apparently most recent take on what such a helicopter would have looked like.

I had a look in the blog, and found this older "Blockier" design for the Silent Hawk, and I liked it more, so I brushed over it in Photoshop

real quick and got this beauty:

stealthyshitnigga.jpg

This is the stuff BIS needs to make it look more 2035, less 2015. They need to get more creative as I have stated previously

Edit: When I said "They need to get more creative", I meant they need to either show us that they are indeed BEING creative and making new stuff,

or actually make some stuff. When they tried to explain their decision to make ArmA 3 set place in future, they said they wanted creative freedom. Well they got it,

but to me it seems like they are NOT using it. Everything we have seen so far (except the Railgun tank really) can be achieved with today's tech (afaik).

I blame "BI having to mollify all those who raged hard at the near-future/sci-fi potential and DIDN'T want BI to be more creative".

Edit: When I said "They need to get more creative", I meant they need to either show us that they are indeed BEING creative and making new stuff,

or actually make some stuff. When they tried to explain their decision to make ArmA 3 set place in future, they said they wanted creative freedom. Well they got it,

but to me it seems like they are NOT using it. Everything we have seen so far (except the Railgun tank really) can be achieved with today's tech (afaik).

Kind of agree there, apart from the gauss/rail gun and some funky looking helmets and 'Hamok' , it seems more like a collection of someones favorite cutting edge toys from today. But I supose it not like they have bomarded us with assets so I figure they still have some stuff up their sleave.

Oh and the 'Silenthawk' is a must

The more the merrier. Turn it into a kind of gran turismo of guns; a massive selection all with authentic handling, recoil, accuracy, stopping power etc. This would really up the personalization factor in multiplayer coop. An operator with some futuristic weapon giving the right of way to a guy with a ppsh-41 to more effectively clear a room would be a real gun lover geek out moment.

Most especially I'd like to see a tommy gun with 100 round mags, a mosin nagant sniper, and the m1903 springfield.

The more the merrier. Turn it into a kind of gran turismo of guns; a massive selection all with authentic handling, recoil, accuracy, stopping power etc. This would really up the personalization factor in multiplayer coop. An operator with some futuristic weapon giving the right of way to a guy with a ppsh-41 to more effectively clear a room would be a real gun lover geek out moment.

Most especially I'd like to see a tommy gun with 100 round mags, a mosin nagant sniper, and the m1903 springfield.

It would be cool for gun lovers, but absurd for a game like Arma. Arma, like so many other military tactical shooters, makes you use your standard issue kit, though you can pick up weapons from crates or bodies. It would be silly to see a regular force running around with WWI - WWII era weaponry just like that, even special forces don't do that anymore.

Gran Turismo of guns.......don't worry the community will make it so.

In fact thats one area BIS shouldn't waste its time on because the community will only remake them all anyway..lol

And we all know how that work well in MP.

It would be cool for gun lovers, but absurd for a game like Arma. Arma, like so many other military tactical shooters, makes you use your standard issue kit, though you can pick up weapons from crates or bodies. It would be silly to see a regular force running around with WWI - WWII era weaponry just like that, even special forces don't do that anymore.

I agree it would be silly to see a bunch of antique weapons in serious missions where you are trying to keep a suspension of disbelief that you are an actual modern operator. Options for older weapons could certainly be overdone. However I personally find it a hell of a lot of fun to take the pre ww1 weapon we have in arma 2, the lee-enfield, on a quick play domination mission or something similarly light. Every gun offers a specific style of gameplay that you must learn in order to maximize your effectiveness. The more gun selection, the more opportunities for unique gameplay, unique tactics and replayability. The less advanced weapons often require alot more focus and skill to use effectively. Of course it would be a blast to have access to a large amount of classic weaponry and the opportunity to experience first hand how their characteristics stack up in combat within the most realistic sandbox shooter made. Obviously the focus should be more on more modern arms given the games time period but it would still be awesome to have the options. I can't imagine it would be that difficult or time consuming to model a large armory of weapons and simulate their accuracy/distance/stopping power traits.

I can't imagine it would be that difficult or time consuming to model a large armory of weapons and simulate their accuracy/distance/stopping power traits.

I'm assuming by your posts so far this is ignorance , not sarcasm, so I have to say ....wrong.

At the very least, I'd like to see all of the small arms from A2/OA available in ArmA 3 in some form.

I'm assuming by your posts so far this is ignorance , not sarcasm, so I have to say ....wrong.

No sarcasm intended. I know nothing about developing. About how long does it take to model a single weapon and its animations etc.? I would imagine the accuracy, bullet speed and dropp are fairly simple formulas to plug in compared to actually creating a graphic model. Please, enlighten me.

Edited by KurtG85

I`d like to see Gilboaâ„¢ Snake - two barreled 5.56 Rifle - so amazing and cool weapon even it wasn't realeased yet...

-Ka-50 black shark

Edited by eQuist

weapons that don't suck.

weapons don't suck, they shoot bullets....FPDR

What, havn't heard the saying, "Dont take a vacum cleaner to a gun fight", ?

he,he

No sarcasm intended. I know nothing about developing. About how long does it take to model a single weapon and its animations etc.? I would imagine the accuracy, bullet speed and dropp are fairly simple formulas to plug in compared to actually creating a graphic model. Please, enlighten me.

Well it depends on how far you want to take it, given that we would be wanting new models, and new textures and the ArmA community base gets pretty anal about its guns, there is really no upper limit. When you see a quality addon in ArmA, it isn't 1 model and a simple texture, there is also the hi poly models used to help create the mulitude of textures required for todays shaders and the various LOD (Levels Of Detail) models required for the game and optimal performance

And even after you have drawn the line in the sand on quality goals, there is still the issue of just how many guns it would take to create a 'Gran Tourismo' of guns. All that is time taken away from other assets for stuff that will probably be available after the community has filled a few blanks and BIS have released an expansion or 2.

Look at the amount of bitching the Hamok caused when we learned about it. If they came up with more "creative" helis the bitching would be on par with if the game played like who-know-what.

Hell yeah. Forget creative weaponry and vehicles. Think creative people. Medically and genetically altered - surgical militaristic advancements to even surgically alter their abilities. :yay: Think.... ROBOCOP.

Edited by Rye
Sp3lin'