Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

You can't have a game without AKM's..

Say what you will about the weapon platform, but its cheap, reliable, easy to use, rugged, ammo is everywhere etc..

A quote that is true imo is "As long as there is ammo available, AK's will be used"

Other then that, i would love to see HK 416 and HK 417

You just listed all the weapons you like, right?

I think weapons in ArmA 3 should somewhat make sense on why they are there. Civillian rifles and captured enemy rifles for Resistance, some modern new rifle for OpFor and Blufor. I think BIS Should

simply make all new guns, instead of taking guns of 2000 and still making people use them in 2035 (sure, some old rifles and classics should obviously be there, but BIS needs to actually make new guns aswel)

umm yea those are the ones i like, that's the point of me posting. and why would they make new guns, this is arma? not halo!! hint:realism

is only a few decades not 100

So you think by year 2035 we won't see new rifles being used by US Armed Forces? And I mean new, not Belgian Wafflemaker 2000 or the M14 EBR (which is currently not even properly in service). You can't have realistic shooter taking place in 2035 because you have no idea what kind of weapons we have then. Thats why they need to make new ones.

K-MAX or something like it would be interesting, also, laser-guided sniper ammunition opens up a whole bunch of possibilities. Stacked grenade launchers would be nice. :p BLOS rounds would be good for tanks, further advancing an infantry-support role. With the miniaturization of components, it's becoming more and more difficult to argue against finding room for a dedicated air defense system on an MBT. Instead of having to rely on a Tunguska or Avenger for defense against pop-up attacks, a turret or something would have some stingers or radar-directed guns. Speaking of air defense, are we getting any serious air defenses? (Patriot, S300, heck, a Hawk'd be nice)

Edited by Arctic_Runner

So you think by year 2035 we won't see new rifles being used by US Armed Forces? And I mean new, not Belgian Wafflemaker 2000 or the M14 EBR (which is currently not even properly in service). You can't have realistic shooter taking place in 2035 because you have no idea what kind of weapons we have then. Thats why they need to make new ones.

I'd say they will be using some sort of HK 416/417 variants since they are the natural step away from the M4/M16.

I'd say they will be using some sort of HK 416/417 variants since they are the natural step away from the M4/M16.

Not if we follow the ArmAverse, which they are following. In ArmAverse the United States Army switched to SCAR mk16 and mk17 just in time for Operation Arrowhead. Besides, BIS said that

they went for the futuristic approach, so they can utilize more creative freedom. If they just make HK 416 and 417, there isn't much creative freedom in that. I just want Ospreys with jet thrusters ;__;

Weapons: AK5(A-B-C), Rk 95 Tp, G3, Tavor TAR-21, HK416, XM8

vehicle: Stridsvagn 122 (Strv 122), Strf9040,

Not if we follow the ArmAverse, which they are following. In ArmAverse the United States Army switched to SCAR mk16 and mk17 just in time for Operation Arrowhead. Besides, BIS said that

they went for the futuristic approach, so they can utilize more creative freedom.

On top of that, Operation Arrowhead is at the midway point in the timeline between Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Rising/Arma: Cold War Assault, with a twenty-five-year gap until Arma 3... considering the different procurement decisions made in the Armaversum timeline that led to the Mk 16 and Mk 17 -- though the Marine Corp had been still using the M16/M4 family back in Chernarus soon before OA, while the "XM8" made it to production (if not military adoption) and into in the hands of ION, Inc. personnel -- that's plenty of time for a subsequent switch to the MX family and 6.5 mm rounds in time for Arma 3.

A knife....

I second that. Maybe something like a kabar bk7? It seems like it's futuristic enough.

Also, perhaps a Robinson Arms. XCR? Also, an HK 45 with a threaded barrel is a must.

I really like to to see the mosin Nagat (scoped) and the legendary AK-47 with grenade launcher, silencer and scope with the traditional classing wood make and that strong UN-forgiving sound

No weapons.We need gameplay features not vehicles/guns.

LSAT LMG, fits in the armaverse! Wonder why it wasn't added instead of the MK20!

We really just need the basics. Don't really care if the new content is futuristic or not but we need decent fixed wing aircraft and wheeled vehicles. For fixed wing I suggest a fighter and a transport like the Osprey or C130. For wheeled we need some good old HMMWV type vehicles. Using Hunters for transportation isn't going to work for us, especially since they are pathetically weak and get torn up so easily.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

As for weapons... throw out this MX crap and give us something decent that's based on 416s or good ol M4s. The MX SAW variant also should be ditched and replaced with something cool like a futuristic M27 IAR.

We need everything included in ArmA 2. No futuristic b/s...just current weaponry - M16/M4/AK47/AK74/RPK/.50 cal/etc etc.

Well I've been putting this off for some time now but since I've found this thread, here it goes... I know this isn't necessarily a wish list thread but too bad... :P

This is both a weapons and vehicle list of what I would like to see in the vanilla game but also how I would have done it or would do it to use most of the work that has already been done without throwing it all out.

You'll notice that some things don't match up with how they are in the game and I explain why I would do it that way at the bottom. If I ever get filthy rich enough to pay someone to build me a game, you can expect to see a game like this from me!

For the most part I believe that only the most modern variations and common military variations of classic weapons should be added as standard. (14â€/20†AR platform, 13â€/8-10†for AK) However, later on I think it would be neat to have dl content packs like WWII collectors and civilian weapons to give a better feel to armed uprising scenarios. I didn’t bother with pistols because since there are no speedy weapons transitions I see them to be almost completely useless. As far as SMGs I see those as having limited use as well and the ones already in game seem to be able to do a fairly good job.

ASSAULT RIFLES:

BlueFor - M16/M4 (5.56mm)

OpFor - AEK-972 (5.56mm)

IndFor - F2000 (5.56mm)

Anyone - Tavor (5.56mm)

BlueFor - MX Series (6.5mm)

OpFor - KH2002 (6.5mm)

IndFor - Beretta ARX (6.5mm)

UNDERWATER: (Underwater weapons should use two different ammo types. Underwater USPEC rounds or standard 6.5mm rounds.)

BlueFor - Steyr AUG / F90(6.5mm) - Could also just make it the Tavor but I see the AUG as revolutionary and worthy of mention in game.

OpFor - KPB ADS (6.5mm) - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4EMBM8CWVOQ/UVi_qWEliTI/AAAAAAAAA_M/3ymYzSiS9JQ/s1600/DSA-SA-58-OSW.jpg

IndFor - VHS 2 - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/vhsd220620copy.jpg/

(Since I doubt they'd want to go back and change the ballistics between 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 I only listed two rifles.)

Blue/IndFor - Galil ACE 32 (7.62x39mm)

OpFor - AK-12 (7.62x39mm)

BATTLE RIFLES:

BlueFor - Keltec RFB 18"(7.62x51mm) (Yes I changed this from the SDAR 5.56mm)

Opfor - Vepr (modernized) (7.62x51mm) - http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/detail/DSC_0643.jpg (Not 308, picture box mag instead.)

IndFor - FN FAL (Modernized) (7.62x51mm) -

Anyone - HK G3 (modernized) (7.62x51mm) - http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/532/HK_G31.jpg

DMR:

BlueFor - MK 14 (7.62x51mm)

OpFor - VS-121 (7.62x51mm)

IndFor - L129A1 (7.62x51mm)

Anyone - RFB 24" w/ rail (7.62x51mm) - http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/42742-2/RFB_24in_prone_8921wallpaper.jpg

SNIPER RIFLES: (Make them all one standard sniper caliber...338 or something...maybe 416?

BlueFor - Remington M2010

Opfor - ORSIS T-5000

IndFor - Accuracy International AX338

ANTI MATERIAL:

BlueFor - M107A1 w/ Hornady AMAX .50 Or SLAP rounds :D

OPFOR - OSV-96 - 12.7 OR Arash - 20mm (Haha :P )

GreenFor - Gepard GM6 Lynx - 12.7

MACHINE GUNS:

BlueFor - LSAT (6.5mm) - (Don't really care if they add another LMG or not but it's an option I guess.)

OpFor - Ulitimax 100 (6.5mm) - (Same as above but I think the OpFor should have one before Bluefor.)

IndFor - KA LMG (6.5mm)

BlueFor - M60E (7.62mm)

OpFor - PKM (7.62mm)

IndFor - IMI Negev (7.62mm)

sHOTGUNS:

BlueFor - MKA 1919 (12Ga) - (Licensed by...someone else?)

OpFor - VEPR 12 (12Ga)

IndFor - M1014 (12Ga)

Anyone - KSG (12Ga)

Underwater – I took out the RFB because in reality it would make an excellent battle rifle (18â€) and an ok DMR (24â€) as long as the reliability issues were taken care of. On the other hand I added the Steyr AUG or F90 since the bullpup is a classic but they don’t really add much to the 5.56 category anyway…the same goes with the VHS 2. Not to mention if you took out the DP ammo and made separate underwater ammo and standard ammo you wouldn’t have the weak on land situation. The ADS rifle is the only REAL underwater rifle, in which case the two ammo types are also accurate. (Yes I changed the AUG to 6.5mm caseless. See rant at bottom)

7.62x39: I didn’t mess with this much because at the time I was trying to stick with what was in the game and I highly doubt the devs would want to go back and add all the ballistics and other junk just for 7.62x39.(This includes sniper rifles though as well.) Plus, with 7.62x39, although it’s a good cartridge it doesn’t do anything that 7.62x51 can’t.

Vehicles - ( AAV = Anti-Air vehicle, LAV = Light Amphibious Vehicle)

Civilian:

Offroad truck

Hatchback car

SUV (Armored/unarmored)

Sedan (Armored/unarmored)

Tractor

mini truck

ATV

IndFor Armed truck (HMG and maybe a recoiless rifle version?)

Armored Dump Truck - http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2011/06/07/Foreign/Images/Mexico%20Drug%20War.JPEG-0a521.jpg

BlueFor:

MLRS: M5 Sandstorm

ARTY: XM1203 NLOS-c

MBT: M1A1 Abrams (Upgraded - crew 3, autoloader, caseless ammo)

IFV: CV90 (Upgraded - crew 3, autoloader, caseless ammo, 8 passengers)

Supp: CV90 variant (Chasis only fitted with a plow, tow arm and remote turret medium machine gun.)

AAV: Marshall variant

LAV: AMV-7 Marshall

MRAP: Hunter

Tran: HEMTT

OpFor:

MLRS: Astro II MLRS - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Avibras_ASTROS-II_SS-30.JPEG

ARTY: 2S9 Sochor

MBT: T-100 Varsuk

IFV: BTR-K Kamysh

Supp: T100 variant (Chasis only fitted with a plow, tow arm and remote turret medium machine gun.)

AAV: ZSU-39 Tigris

LAV: MSE-3 Marid

MRAP: Ifrit

Tran: URAL-63095 6x6 - http://warfare.be/0702ey70/update/november2013/ural99-2.jpg

GreenFor:

MLRS: (Not Needed)

ARTY: M4 Scorcher

MBT: M2A1 Slammer

IFV: IFV-6c Panther

Supp: CRV-6e Bobcat

AAV: IFV-6a Cheetah

LAV: AFV-4 Gorgan

MRAP: Strider

Tran: Zamak

You’ll notice that I took away most of the NATO vehicles and gave them to the Independent. I feel it would have been better to make up a story such as …The Altis defense force purchased them from Israel before they war started or maybe they were able to secure a large collection of Israeli equipment in an attempt to keep it from falling into enemy hands and adding more fuel to their fire.

As for NATO I put mostly American looking equipment in. I know a lot of people had a big problem with NATO forces seemingly being American but let’s face it…If a war started with Iran whom wiped Israel off the map, which country do you think would be first to jump in. :/ As for the CV90 being on the American equipment list…we’ll say that it won the revamped contract for the new Ground Combat Vehicle Program (Yes I know it was canceled but this is a game, besides who’s to say the government won’t pick it up again?)

However if it was my game then the NATO Forces would look something like this….

NatoFor:

MLRS: M5 Sandstorm

ARTY: XM1203 NLOS-C

MBT: Leopard 2 or Challenger 2

IFV: British FRES or Puma

Supp: FRES variant or Puma variant

AAV: Marshal variant

LAV: Marshal

MRAP: Hunter

Tran: HEMTT

.......with additional NATO equipment being released as DL content later on. (E.G. Challenger 2, Puma, ect...) And Independent forces would look like this…

Alternate INDFor:

MLRS: (Not Needed)

ARTY: Archer Artillery sys

MBT: M-95 Degman (Although using a Leopard 2 is actually pretty accurate and plausable.)

IFV: KOC Tulpar IFV

Supp: Tulpar variant

AAV: Tulpar variant

LAV: AFV-4 Gorgan

MRAP: Strider or Cobra

Tran: zamak

*Begin Rant*

THE FUTURE AND A BALANCED GAME – Yes I know a lot of people are probably crying and shaking their head right now or their head has already exploded but let’s take a deep breath and relax… There are a few arguments I’d like to take on for a moment.

The future – Arma 3 is set in 2035, I’ve seen a lot of the “Hardcore, Diehard, Ultra realism I’ve been here since day one.†Arma fans become really upset by this. I suppose they were expecting Arma 3 to be Arma 2 2013 but still…that’s not what we got. So when I

see people calling for, “Throw out all the future crap and bring back the old stuff.†I think it’s kind of dumb. To be honest I think the old stuff is…well…OLD! I think the future is exactly what Arma needs, not lasers and phasers but modern and upcoming technology. Why waste time adding all the old content again when you can just play Arma 2 still with more content and more maps than what we’ll have for Arma 3 probably even by the end of this year. The old stuff has already been done enough, not to mention I’m sure there will be 100+ mods for each and every weapon and vehicle. I say it’s time to stop driving around in 30year old vehicles. (Keep the HEMTT though, I like it. :P)

A balanced game – Now Arma has been called many things from Dirty Sally poop pants to THE MOST REALISTIC MILITARY SIMULATOR SHOOTER OF ALL TIME! I think it’s a mix of both, though I don’t consider it a simulator I do consider it a reasonably realistic game, more so than most anything else out there. After reading the “What is Arma to you?†Thread and seeing people say that Arma was never aimed towards online multiplayer gameplay…I think most can at least agree that one of the biggest bread and butter features of Arma is the editor – The ability to make your own missions and play them how you want….That’s why I always have to shake my head when I see people crying about factions that are balanced.. Mainly that IndFor has tanks and aircraft instead of being the underpowered weakling. If we’re talking about the single player campaign storyline then yes maybe…(I haven’t played it so I don’t know how much mechanized might the IndFor guys have in game.) However, if we’re just talking about content then I say every faction should be nearly equal unless they make specific non recognized military factions. (E.G. Insurgents, Police, and some PMCs.) Why? Because if I’m in the editor I might not want to make missions based only on the storyline of the single player campaign. I might want to have NATO and CSAT in an equally matched armored skirmish and then have them both get steamrolled by IndFor.

Oh and because it’s a game, it’s ok to have in some degree, rifles and vehicles that don’t exist or were canceled especially not if it’s a plausible fit. What’s the point of having artistic freedom if you’re only going to put things in the game that are currently in service in real life? Not to mention, who says those companies won’t decide to pick up those canceled projects instead of scrapping millions of dollars in research? And like before…you don’t have to use them. *END RANT* …For now…

Oh yeah and I do think the lack of the coxial or commander machine guns and interiors sucks on the tanks but I'm not getting into that.

As always I’d like to add that before any new content I wish that theyâ€ll focus on optimization instead. I’ve already developed an unhealthy distaste for rubber bands.

Edited by Squirrel0311

Stuff.

[\QUOTE]

So make them more into generic faction 1, 2 and 3? So tell BI to say STFU to Arma 2 fans? But hey it's the future so they should be balanced, boring and copy each other... It's a niche being realistic and should stay that way. Or else people will jump ship first chance they get when a competitor appears.

People are upset because they seem like they've been balanced for PvP. With ends up being a badly optimized battlefield without being realistic.

A lot of the "creative freedom" seems really lazy.

These forums were so much better before Arma 3's release... :(. Or modders should fix the game...

Edited by ProGamer

Stuff.

[\QUOTE]

So make them more into generic faction 1, 2 and 3? So tell BI to say STFU to Arma 2 fans? But hey it's the future so they should be balanced, boring and copy each other... It's a niche being realistic and should stay that way. Or else people will jump ship first chance they get when a competitor appears.

People are upset because they seem like they've been balanced for PvP. With ends up being a badly optimized battlefield without being realistic.

A lot of the "creative freedom" seems really lazy.

These forums were so much better before Arma 3's release... :(. Or modders should fix the game...

Not at all, I'm just saying that having balanced factions isn't that bad. In my list, I suggested upgraded vehicles with crew's of three but even still I don't see that as taking away from the realism that much especially not if it's plausible.

I also don't see the vehicles as boring and generic either, almost all of them are based off of or closely resemble something in the real world. What would you have given them instead?

As far as copying each other..if you're talking about how they took the hull of the tanks and slapped Howitzers on top then yes I agree. But if you're talking about each faction getting wheeled and tracked vehicles with similar capabilities then no. That's just what militaries do, they find what other people have, investigate and try to beat or match that threat. In arma, could a lot of the vehicles do the same job as the others? Yes...but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be there.

And don't get me wrong I don't mean flat out that the old vehicles shouldn't be in the game, just that we shouldn't take the new stuff out just to replace it with the old.

About the realism, I'm all for it! (Ballistics:Internal, external, terminal, physics, graphics, medical, procedures:CAS/9 line, etc...) But there is a limit to how much realism is fun. I would much rather realism focus on the working parts of the game rather than worrying about what color letters are on the Merkava light switch. Is it cool and immersive, Yes! Is it necessary? No. What good does it do to have windshield wipers that swing the right way when you drive a cross a bridge and sink 4 feet into the ground? Or when your weapon safety clicks the right way but you have to stop dead in your tracks, and sling your rifle on your back before pulling your pistol.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about balanced for PVP either. If you're not playing the single player campaign and you're not in the editor ( Player vs AI or Player vs Player) ...What are you doing? o_O This goes back to the part about options, if you want one side to be the underdog then give them technicals instead of APC's or provide your side with air power, something...

I just can't help but think that maybe if they did gear Arma more towards PVP (Smooth running, Optimized *No rubber banding*, maybe a better server lobby where you can create a squad with your friends first then pick a server and join as a team together...stuff like that.) Maybe they'd have more money and more manpower to produce an overall better game. After all if I buy a really awesome Multiplayer game then I'm going to do everything I can to try and make sure my friends all buy it too.

When an even slightly better competitor comes along that offers just a few of the key features that Arma does and doesn't. (Editor, Optimized to run online, dedicated servers, aimed towards realism) I'd be willing to bet they'd jump ship anyway. It doesn't mean they won't be back but still. The modding community is the only thing that has kept ARMA alive for as long as it has been. If another game comes along and offers that too...it's all over.

More attack helos-----a couple ports of Arma2's F15 ****PLEASE TO ALL MODDERS OUT THERE... PLEASE BESTOW THE F-22 UPON US*****

More attack helos-----a couple ports of Arma2's F15 ****PLEASE TO ALL MODDERS OUT THERE... PLEASE BESTOW THE F-22 UPON US*****
fullerpj is already working on a F-22 as part of his USAF mod; as far as the Arma 2 F-15s though, you'd better track down and inquire of their Arma 2 creators (as they'd have essentially have right of first refusal, especially if they didn't publicly release MLODs).

I'd like to see more modern day fighter jets as already suggested, one of my favorites from Arma2Co is the SU25, A-10, F-16, F-15

A more diverse Opfor faction to fight againsted, I prefer my taliban, and militia looking opfor back tbh, not fond of the Iranian helmet look,

bring back the towel heads (no racial, pun, or sterotypes intended, idk how else to describe that with the head garb, head wrap?)

Also of course a Modern day looking Seal team, probably already one out.

I'm going to go right ahead and say that yes, most of that is "already one out"; in particular, Peral's A-10C released last week while Swedish Forces Pack has for a while now included a Su-25, and there's already so, so many "modern unit" reskins these days.