Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

I would also like to add something.

As for weapons:

CZ75 P-07 Duty pistol

AR-7 for survival purpouse :D

KELTEC KSG bulpup shotgun

KELTEC RFB Forward-ejecting Bullpup Rifle

and im +1 on the CZ 805 BREN A1/A2 :bounce3:

And the vehicles:

Czech SVOS VEGA

MGC-1 modernized BVP-1 by Excalibur army (Czech)

Mi-35 Superhind

I'm sorry if I repeated something

EDIT: I'd also like to see the armored Tatra SOG, but it is too specific for CZ army (I think there is only few pieces of it)

Edited by UnuldorCZ

Guys remember to post these in the wishlist thread as well. That way I wont forget about them when I update it.

done :D

Eh.. crap.. i was too slow :-D I was away for too long :butbut:

BTW: Did someone already mentioned an Shoot-around-the-corner Gizmo?

It could be as an accessory for multiple weapons - Glock, 40mm GL, i think i saw an m4 in it ...

BTW: Did someone already mentioned an Shoot-around-the-corner Gizmo?

Cornershot? Yeah, saw it on the wishlist.

I know I've seen it generically posted on here, but I wanted to specifically reference the F/A 18 E/F Super Hornet http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/military/fa18ef/index.htm which will be the US Navy's primary Attack aircraft leading into A3's time reference. Also, Greece is considering replacing some of its aircraft with the latest version of the Super Hornet (fits nicely into the game world).

Less corny guns (XM8), more guns that are actually used (M4, FN FAL ect.). When these are done, add in some of the more interesting ones.

And do them with animations (both wet and dry), no player's view clipping through the sights (such as the Para FAL in ArmA 2 OA), 3D scopes, and proper reload times (look at someone reload an M4 VS M240, the time difference is huge) and other things to enhance the realism.

I'd rather be stuck with 20 or so firearms that are done properly than have 100-200 guns done with ArmA 2 quality. One of the disavantages of a machinegun like an M240 is that it takes a long time to reload. In addition to the weight and length, this is why machinegunners tend to be more static than rilfemen. This should be portrayed in any game that labels itself an infantry simulator. Quality over quantity!

Besides, once the engine allows for animations, 3D scopes ect., I am sure people will mod in all of the "cool guns" (USP Match, Desert Eagle ect.). :)

Less corny guns (XM8), more guns that are actually used (M4, FN FAL ect.). When these are done, add in some of the more interesting ones.

Seconded. Although I do realize the setting is futuristic to allow for creative liberties to be taken by the developers, if I was making an sandbox/simulator FPS, I'd first prioritize guns that are currently in use with actual countries' armed forces (especially countries like US, China, Russia, etc.), and then go on to include some classic firearms (like the M1911, G3, FAL, maybe even an SKS variant) and also more recent ones (ex. PDW's, SCAR, HK416/HK417, Abakan, etc.). Though of course above all you want an interesting balance of weapons that behave differently enough from each other to justify their place in the game. Some individual weapons that I'd love to see that may or may not have been mentioned yet are the Israeli MTAR-21 carbine assault rifle, Finnish TRG-42 sniper rifle, the Polish Kbs wz. 1996 "Beryl" assault rifle or its "Mini-Beryl" carbine variant, and something from the Serbian company Zastava, and all of those fit with the Eastern Europe/Mediterranean setting. Some of my Russian favorites include the AS Val/VSS Vintorez, PP-19 Bizon, MP443 Grach, AK-105, and PKP Pecheneg.

The implementation of gas and gas masks would make me buy the game twice three times, just because gas masks look really cool :yay:

Edited by OnlyRazor

The Sukhoi PAK FA

300px-Sukhoi_T-50_Maksimov.jpg

wow I never heard about this one before, looks so new and good

Russians response to US raptor? :)

wow I never heard about this one before, looks so new and good

Russians response to US raptor? :)

Quite possibly, it is some sort of next generation plane. Maybe not as advanced in the electronics department, though.

Instead of "cool" guns, model the normal and largely used guns like the PKM, AK-74, 47 and AKM, AR-15 variants (M4, M16A4), M-249, M-240, PKP, FAL, G3 and so on with proper animations and textures/models. The AR-15 models are terrible in vanilla ArmA2.

Instead of "cool" guns, model the normal and largely used guns like the PKM, AK-74, 47 and AKM, AR-15 variants (M4, M16A4), M-249, M-240, PKP, FAL, G3 and so on with proper animations and textures/models. The AR-15 models are terrible in vanilla ArmA2.

Why should they do the same thing for the third time :)? BTW, what's so "cool" about the guns seen until now :) ?

Why should they do the same thing for the third time :)? BTW, what's so "cool" about the guns seen until now :) ?

No armed forces use nearly ANY of the new guns seen by now. I mean, I'd rather take good AKs and ARs over a ton of mediocre cool guns you will only use during domination through the unrealistic all guns ammoxobes.

With "cool" I mean, prototypes, not used, "futuristic".

No armed forces use nearly ANY of the new guns seen by now. I mean, I'd rather take good AKs and ARs over a ton of mediocre cool guns you will only use during domination through the unrealistic all guns ammoxobes.

With "cool" I mean, prototypes, not used, "futuristic".

You saying that nobody is using FN2000 or Tavor ?!

yzw3Td.jpg

Just look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_F2000#Users

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Tavor_TAR-21#Users

You saying that nobody is using FN2000 or Tavor ?!

I mean the guns everyone is suggesting, I know lots of countries use FS/FN-2000s and Tars.

I mean the guns everyone is suggesting, I know lots of countries use FS/FN-2000s and Tars.

Oh ok , i understand now :p

Well it is in years 2035 so it is possible the new guns in our reality (2011) , they can be more used in 2035 :)

Oh ok , i understand now :p

Well it is in years 2035 so it is possible the new guns in our reality (2011) , they can be more used in 2035 :)

Sure, during WWII everyone was like "LOOOOOOOL ASSAULT RIFLES LOOOOOOOOOOOL UNDERPOWERED CARTRIDGE IS UNDERPOWERED HAHAHAHAHHAA".

Look at us now.

I somehow don't understand how adding a fictional mix of a helicopter and and a railgun tank make people think all the other stuff is "unrealistic" :rolleyes:

Sure, during WWII everyone was like "LOOOOOOOL ASSAULT RIFLES LOOOOOOOOOOOL UNDERPOWERED CARTRIDGE IS UNDERPOWERED HAHAHAHAHHAA".

Look at us now.

Well see... Think how many times a good and cheap enough replacement was made for most firearms in service with armed forces around the world and was pushed away due to coruption or other stupid reassons. The M16/M4 replacement within the US Army comes to mind. WW3 kinda makes you think different.

I'd like to see the Tactical Tomahawk. And no, I don't mean this one. :p

I mean this one.

TLAMs are the only real use I can see for a static Astute class submarine, besides acting as a base for SBS units.

The Tactical TLAM has a TV camera, allowing commanders on the ground to select a target while the missile loiters.