Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

Neither will be pictured in A3. I guess this will be the first BI military game where russia will NOT be in ;)

:eek:

i doubt they will push further than the existing rifles and prototypes on the market tbh...

you can call the above more than just an educated guess :rolleyes:

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't think so, but I heard a BIS dev say in one of the videos that the small patrol boat we've seen was completely of their own design, so you never know...

Nope. Well not completely ^^. It was said there will ("might"- as nothing is completely confirmed in this stage) be Russian PMC units. There might not be a complete russian faction, however there will be russian equipment :)

Haha... yeah, I'll change my name to Viktor Reznov as soon as I see any FPS/military game not feature a single Soviet/Russian weapon! XD *puts on flame suit*

Nope. Well not completely ^^. It was said there will ("might"- as nothing is completely confirmed in this stage) be Russian PMC units. There might not be a complete russian faction, however there will be russian equipment :)

I was talking about the russian side, not russian equipment...

russian PMC...well...if i were to look over PMC DLC for OA, i wouldn't put my faith in a lot of equipment and vehicles being released with such a pack.

yup then you're completely correct. From what is currently known, there is no sign of a complete russian faction in arma 3.

Simple weapon request:

Barrett MRAD Rifle system

float.png

It seems to perfectly fit into the setting and looks absolutely stunning!

It also meets the requirement of being modular as this concept is one of the main features of Arma 3.

The MRAD could fill the gap between the GM6 Lynx (heavy anti-materiel rifle) and the Mk14 EBR (DM and CQB) as the replacement of the standard sniper rifle M24.

Simple Rugged Modular Accurate

Ok, who wants to guess what the russian PMC's will wear and be armed with?

My bet is on the AK-200 or a modernized AK-74M for assualr rifles. For SMG's a modernazied AK-74U.

For protection/tactical gear the TARZAN M32 assault vest and the and the 6B7-1L helmet plus a generic kevlar vest. SOme will wear bandanas and caps.

They will wear a combination of tri color flora or desert pattern with plane color and have a big Vrana corp badge on their backs/shoulders ;)

Edited by Maio

The MRAD could fill the gap between the GM6 Lynx (heavy anti-materiel rifle) and the Mk14 EBR (DM and CQB) as the replacement of the standard sniper rifle M24.

Hmm... the XM2010 ESR is another option for that role... I myself also always like the .338 Lapua Magnum variants of the AI Arctic Warfare and the Sako TRG-42, and both of those are fairly modern...

Ok, who wants to guess what the Russian PMC's will wear and be armed with?

My bet is on the AK-200 or a modernized AK-74M for assualt rifles. For SMG's a modernized AK-74U.

Hmmm... yeah, probably either the AK-74M or the AK-200 or AN-94 Abakan if BIS is feeling more adventurous. The AKS-74U would be the obvious choice, but the AK-105 is another possibility.

maio, can you link towards a hint/confirmation about the russian PMCs please?

I had the same impression, but there are several prototypes. Aside from the holes in the upper part of the weapon, it's pretty similar.

Ammunition request, MK211 Raufoss. Even if it wasn't used they'd have similar rounds, they would still have incendiaries and high explosive rounds. It would be awesome to see that in-game.

http://guns.wikia.com/wiki/MK211_RAUFOSS

maio, can you link towards a hint/confirmation about the russian PMCs please?

Read the info for Iran

Hi.

BI.. why can,t you make arma3 with best weapons from different countrys..??

players are from all over the world.. and the scenario is placed to Limnos island..

Euroland.. more mixed .. more fun to all..

This.

I like the idea of having access to equipment I can identify myself with nationally and I think we all do.

Also please don't forget the Hind.

A future without the Hind is going to be a pretty bland looking future with no style.

The best thing to be done relating to weapons (and probably is in the way (as portrayed in that TAR-21 picture), unless if they add it with a workaround) is a proper rail-based accessories systems. So, you tag the rails in your model and their lenghts, then the engine itself says wich accessories fit those rails and allow you to mount them accordingly. Without any accessories, a rail should have a rail cover (excluding the upper rails).

Probable accesories (apart from the already presented) are:

Aimpoint red dot sights

Trijicon ACOG scopes and reflex sights

EOTech holographic sights

My request (well, just to have a place to say what I want) is:

Trijicon Accupoint scopes, Tripower and RMR (mountable as a secundary sight), plus some others ACOGs (I would like most the TA648).

AN/PEQ-2

AN/PVS-4 -10 and -14

Foregrip

Harris-bipod and Versapod

This request is pretty much only aesthethic, as there will be other accessories with the very same role present in vanilla, but with the rail-based accessories system it would be pretty easy to add them to the game and subsequently adding them to most weapons.

The accessorization could be taken a step further: allow accessories for the accessories. If you take a look at Trijicon page, you will find several accessories for their products.

For instance, you could mount an ACOG in the detachable carrying handle of a M16/M4 using it's proper mount, then add filters and lens caps to the sight.

Also, a modular weapons capability would be very welcome, like selecting a lower receiver then building the rest of the weapon from there, but I recognize it's a bit too much for the schedule.

Now the Armalite fanboy request: hoping for the AR10 and AR18 (modernized to some degree, allowing the use of rails like it's done by third-party companies today) to appear, maybe as paramilitary weapons. :D

Of course that's a lot of work (maybe to much to fit the release date), but I still like the idea.

Operative;2045973']The best thing to be done relating to weapons (and probably is in the way (as portrayed in that TAR-21 picture)' date=' unless if they add it with a workaround) is a proper rail-based accessories systems. So, you tag the rails in your model and their lenghts, then the engine itself says wich accessories fit those rails and allow you to mount them accordingly. Without any accessories, a rail should have a rail cover (excluding the upper rails).

Probable accesories (apart from the already presented) are:

Aimpoint red dot sights

Trijicon ACOG scopes and reflex sights

EOTech holographic sights

My request (well, just to have a place to say what I want) is:

Trijicon Accupoint scopes, Tripower and RMR (mountable as a secundary sight), plus some others ACOGs (I would like most the TA648).

AN/PEQ-2

AN/PVS-4 -10 and -14

Foregrip

Harris-bipod and Versapod

This request is pretty much only aesthethic, as there will be other accessories with the very same role present in vanilla, but with the rail-based accessories system it would be pretty easy to add them to the game and subsequently adding them to most weapons.

The accessorization could be taken a step further: allow accessories for the accessories. If you take a look at Trijicon page, you will find several accessories for their products.

For instance, you could mount an ACOG in the detachable carrying handle of a M16/M4 using it's proper mount, then add filters and lens caps to the sight.

Also, a modular weapons capability would be very welcome, like selecting a lower receiver then building the rest of the weapon from there, but I recognize it's a bit too much for the schedule.

[/quote']

Yeah, that sounds impressive and is definitely something I eventually want to see in one of these games, but given that there is really a somewhat limited number of accessory combinations that have significant usage levels by militaries worldwide, I'm not too put off by the idea that there are a set number of preset configurations (like in previous ArmA games, if I'm not mistaken). I'd be much more awed if they went to the trouble to include a detailed component-based damage model for vehicles, for example. Perhaps this would be easier to implement though; regardless it certainly wouldn't be an unwelcome addition, I wouldn't think.

Ok, who wants to guess what the russian PMC's will wear and be armed with?

Well, speaking about appearance, I think they should have those distinctive semi-civilian clothes real PMCs so fond of, i.e. T-shirts, baseball caps, one-colored pants, tracking boots etc. Think MGS 4. Or, if we talking about more militarized appearance, than it should be some commercial uniform with non-standard camouflage, like this.

Now about a weaponry. Arma 3 seems to be set somewhere around 2020-s, so I expect something more advanced, than an AK-74m. There is a competition underway for a new rifle, which should start replacing AK-74m in 2015. There is also a lot of secrecy and all this in the initial stages so far, so I can only guess about applicants, which are still being developed:

-AEK-971 with rails, improved ergonomics etc.

-Some bullpup rifle from KBP Instrument Design Bureau (maybe land-only version of ADS).

-A new rifle from IZHMASH, constructed "on a completely different base than usual AK" (short stroke piston action, most probably).

-probably, something else from someone else.

Thing is, MOD wants "Russian Masada", so I expect something along this lines and definitely will not be frustrated, if BIS will make a new (and cool looking) rifle for this PMC from a scratch.

There is also a new light machine gun being developed for the FSB - 5.45, all in rails, short and long barrels, magazines for 60/90 rounds (standard mags for AK-74 and RPK-74 must also be acceptable), the firing rate should be able to change from 550-650 rpm to 900-1000 rpm.

And finally, competition for the sniper rifles in .338 LM for the Russian Army:

-VS-8 from KBP Instrument Design Bureau.

-SV-338 from IZHMASH.

-ORSIS Tactical from ORSIS.

As for secondary, PYa will do.

That's all, sorry for my incomprehensible English.

Well, speaking about appearance, I think they should have those distinctive semi-civilian clothes real PMCs so fond of, i.e. T-shirts, baseball caps, one-colored pants, tracking boots etc. Think MGS 4. Or, if we talking about more militarized appearance, than it should be some commercial uniform with non-standard camouflage, like this.

Now about a weaponry. Arma 3 seems to be set somewhere around 2020-s, so I expect something more advanced, than an AK-74m. There is a competition underway for a new rifle, which should start replacing AK-74m in 2015. There is also a lot of secrecy and all this in the initial stages so far, so I can only guess about applicants, which are still being developed:

-AEK-971 with rails, improved ergonomics etc.

-Some bullpup rifle from KBP Instrument Design Bureau (maybe land-only version of ADS).

-A new rifle from IZHMASH, constructed "on a completely different base than usual AK" (short stroke piston action, most probably).

-probably, something else from someone else.

Thing is, MOD wants "Russian Masada", so I expect something along this lines and definitely will not be frustrated, if BIS will make a new (and cool looking) rifle for this PMC from a scratch.

There is also a new light machine gun being developed for the FSB - 5.45, all in rails, short and long barrels, magazines for 60/90 rounds (standard mags for AK-74 and RPK-74 must also be acceptable), the firing rate should be able to change from 550-650 rpm to 900-1000 rpm.

And finally, competition for the sniper rifles in .338 LM for the Russian Army:

-VS-8 from KBP Instrument Design Bureau.

-SV-338 from IZHMASH.

-ORSIS Tactical from ORSIS.

As for secondary, PYa will do.

That's all, sorry for my incomprehensible English.

Hey Corvinus, good post.

The SURPAT camo looks great and would blend well with the enviroment on Lemnos.

Seems we had the same idea when it comes to overall appearance of the PMC's :)

I went with the AK-74M beacuse of the large numbers avaiable and it's probable low cost in the future. Slap some ergonomics and rails on it and your PMC army is set for war. Then again the AK-200 does look like a spiced up 74M so it's a shame we dont have more details to compare the 2.

I pretty much agree with everything else you posted.

Not sure if this is the right section to post in but I looked and could find out if there is going to be wire cutters and tripods for equipment.

Hey Corvinus, good post.

The SURPAT camo looks great and would blend well with the enviroment on Lemnos.

FINNALY someone agrees with me! As for the SURPAT, if there should be any Russian Naval Inf, Spetznaz, or MVD, that is their future camo IRL, so I think that is what they'll be wearing. Guess who's uniform I'm stealing?'

And, for the Iranian Reserve, Guards, or Low-rank personnel, the currently standard issue KH-2002 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_80_yaznP3lM/TRiU-gq9UCI/AAAAAAAABLM/NEo6KCYmdBI/s1600/Khaybar+KH2002.3.jpg

2009 Production Model.

I went with the AK-74M beacuse of the large numbers avaiable and it's probable low cost in the future. Slap some ergonomics and rails on it and your PMC army is set for war. Then again the AK-200 does look like a spiced up 74M so it's a shame we dont have more details to compare the 2.

Well, yes, something like Ak-74M3 (i.e. Ak-74 with rails) will make sense, but then again, it's a PMC we are talking about, so practically any gun will make sense, from those Iranian "Tavors" to a Russian-made Vepr-15.

As for the SURPAT, if there should be any Russian Naval Inf, Spetznaz, or MVD, that is their future camo IRL, so I think that is what they'll be wearing.

That's not quite correct. Only one unit of MVD uses that camo - OSN "Lynx" and even for them it's not the only camo they use, they use also all black uniforms, plain colored "Gorkas" and so on. As for Army, the standard camo is EMR, with Mountain Brigades using Mountain Flora, so SURPAT remains non-issue.

Edited by Corvinus

I think that SURPAT would be great on Russian PMC's and also some modern russian weapons like A-91M , SV98M etc

But i think these Russian's will be using AN-94 Abakan

btw for Iran army they could add Khaybar KH2002 too

Edited by RobertHammer

M4A1 without a carry handle or any optics :DD... (dont know if its in ACE mod though, correct me if I'm wrong)

But if its one thing I would love is having the abillity to customize your rifle.. ya know choose its optics in the weapon box or with the optics in your backpack.. or maybe add a suppressor of some sorts, I dont care I just want a weapon customize system :D

I think that SURPAT would be great on Russian PMC's and also some modern russian weapons like A-91M , SV98M etc

But i think these Russian's will be using AN-94 Abakan

[/url] too

A91 and AN94 in the game are not mandatory, but ADS will be very useful and universally. I think a wise choice (in the game will be underwater missions)

ADS

https://picasaweb.google.com/TokkotTok/SmallArmsRU#5544642532816253474

ADS tactical;)

https://picasaweb.google.com/TokkotTok/SmallArmsRU#5670128020332603122

as a submachine gun for 2035 would be appropriate for example AEK918G (balanced auto as AEK971)

AEK918G

https://picasaweb.google.com/TokkotTok/SmallArmsRU#5429968096288231330

and as special weapons, such as spetsnaz assault rifle kbp 12,7x55mm with good penetration and high stopping power :p

https://picasaweb.google.com/TokkotTok/SmallArmsRU#5670121378337193554

12,7x55mm cartridge

https://picasaweb.google.com/TokkotTok/SmallArmsRU#5670127300445530530

Edited by zoldatpizdat

This gun and also an SD version and desert, woodland, coyote.

img0619a.jpg