Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

The Remington/Bushmaster ACR carbine. And before you all go "OMGZ0RS COD FAGG!!1!" I would just like to mention I didn't like how it was represented in that/those games, and I like it because it looks totally hot.

Here's a picture

Do not quote images/videos!

There's also a sniper or long range version

Do not quote images/videos!

Magpul Masada is weapon from the future - that's for sure. You can change the barrels and shoot with 5.56 and 7.62, also you can change the visual of the weaponр easy customizable. There was another cool weapon... with new 6.8mm rounds, can't remember the name... so I am for this 2 weapons with both hands in the air. :yay:

Edited by W0lle

I'd love to see the Beowulf .50 cal or any other ridiculously awesome weapon make an appearence. Just to throw this out there, how about the Barrett XM109 (the M107 adapted for 25mm rounds) or the MRAD.

I'd also like to see weapons that are modular beyond just what you attach to the rails. Since the story will take place in and around civilian populations, it would be handy to have the option to swap out an upper and use a smaller round, or switch to the larger round when needed.

Would love to see some interesting weapons get in the hands of whatever factions end up representing China and Russia, particularly an AN-94, OC-14, PP2000, 9A91/Tiss for the Russian PMC. And if those aren't enough to be badass Russian weapons, BI could always take creative freedoms and make a super AK-9000.

You are in luck then, it's already a part of the game ;)

Huh? The M224 is in the game? Where?

All I know about is the M252 81mm first shot hit capability and super accurat firing system making it completely overkill against AI.

Don't get me wrong. I would be very happy if it's in. Is it really confirmed?

Edited by CarlGustaffa

M252 81mm first shot hit capability

It's been done many a time by yours truly. #1 FDC Chief, son!

On that note, some way to work plotting boards and such would be a cool mod. Ballistic computers are for dummies!

It's been done many a time by yours truly. #1 FDC Chief, son!

On that note, some way to work plotting boards and such would be a cool mod. Ballistic computers are for dummies!

No no, I meant a portable mortar system. Sorry :o

They've already got the F2000, so I hope they include its little brother the P90. I love that gun. (Yes, haters, you can hate.)

I'd like to see the FN FAL reappear on the OPFOR side, although I sincerely doubt it will. The AN94 with its recoil modeled properly would be nice as well.

And please, please, do not make the M27 IAR our automatic rifle. M249 is so much better at that role. The M27 is just a way to get the HK416 into the armed forces in cameo.

And please, please, do not make the M27 IAR our automatic rifle. M249 is so much better at that role. The M27 is just a way to get the HK416 into the armed forces in cameo.

No M27 IAR - Nato forces uses M200 ,which is KAC LMG

Edited by RobertHammer

No no, I meant a portable mortar system. Sorry :o

I meant real life :D. Mortars can be very accurate if you've got first rate people running them. 81's are portable too, by the way.

Steel-on-steel hits with 60's in hand-held aren't unheard of either. I did that a few times at SOI. Although I think our current mortar systems were first adopted almost 30 years ago. Given that ARMA 3 is set about 15-20 years in the future, I hope there'll be new weapon systems. Lighter weight and less awkward to carry would be the first improvement I'd make. Longer range as well, of course.

Edited by bradp191

They've already got the F2000, so I hope they include its little brother the P90. I love that gun. (Yes, haters, you can hate.)

I'd like to see the FN FAL reappear on the OPFOR side, although I sincerely doubt it will. The AN94 with its recoil modeled properly would be nice as well.

I could imagine the FAL possibly turning up in the inventory for what ever rebel factions there may be. I mean there is a shit ton of those things out there, and if all the badass factions are getting the new stuff, surely the existing FAL's (upgraded to better support optics maybe) would filter down to smaller forces.

I'd be fine with BIS making up a few weapons, given they are inspired by existing prototypes. Why not a re-imagining of some of the older LSAT and ACR prototypes from the 80/90s. They are already including the KAC with caseless ammo, so making an educated guess at a functional caseless or flechette type assault rifle wouldn't be too ridiculous IMO. Note, most of the ACR protoypes (especially th G11) were impractically expensive and that might not fit into BIS' post global-economic-collapse-WWIII setting...

I'm also sure that we will see many old favorites in-game. There have been plenty of guns that easily could have become obsolete if it weren't for task specific operations. At the time who would've thought the M14 would still be in use decades after the introduction of the M16. So there should still be a good number of current-gen weapons, but they should be upgraded to fit in with the rest of the setting.

I think the Beretta ARX160 is looking to be a better weapon system than either the SCAR L, ACR, or HK416, just going off the specs that are out there on it atm and as such would be better to include, at least over the ACR - especially after the cockups they've had with the production being taken over by Bushmaster.

Edited by Rocklobster
incorrect punctuation

My wishlist:

Universal colossus

http://supcom2.wikia.com/wiki/Universal_Colossus_Experimental_Assault_Bot

The Black Sun

http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Sun

Lord Vader

Tactical Dreadnoughts

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Terminators

Nuclear SAMs

:D

seriously, would be nice to see F-22 vs T-50, Anzac 20 mm rifle, IST Istigal, CV90-120, ADAPTIV system and future armored vehicles like FCS/MGV XM-1201, XM-1202, etc.

Edited by woore

Hi.

BI.. why can,t you make arma3 with best weapons from different countrys..??

players are from all over the world.. and the scenario is placed to Limnos island..

Euroland.. more mixed .. more fun to all..

Hi.

BI.. why can,t you make arma3 with best weapons from different countrys..??

because:

a) the game will try to tell a story and depict just a few countries taking part in the conflict

b) content creation means time and money :) and BIS has limited amounts of both...

Besides, if you take a look at this: http://world.guns.ru/assault-e.html and other pages on the site, you'd notice that most modern small arms (aside from handguns) come from US, Russia, Germany (H&K) and Belgium (FN). Most other are based on weapons from these countries, and/or only used by the military of their country of origin. There are, of course, exceptions (FAMAS), but they're not very numerous.

Edited by Dragon01

Besides, if you take a look at this: http://world.guns.ru/assault-e.html and other pages on the site, you'd notice that most modern small arms (aside from handguns) come from US, Russia, Germany (H&K) and Belgium (FN). Most other are based on weapons from these countries, and/or only used by the military of their country of origin. There are, of course, exceptions (FAMAS), but they're not very numerous.

True. IMO BIS should focus on making weapon attachment system reliable and flexible, so any 3rd party weapon can be added with ease.

Operative;2045188']I guess that's actually the LSAT Light machinegun' date=' not a modified KAC LMG. Maybe they just look similar and it's confusing me.[/quote']

Oh lol not even close to LSAT - this is how LSAT looks http://cdn1.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lsat_lmg_1-tfb.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/06/29/lsat-light-machine-gun/

First, I don't know why the FAMAS is always brought up in these discussions about what people want in games (tell me there's some other reason than it was in COD), as no one of military significance other than France uses it (and I know some of you wouldn't even consider France to be of military significance- fair enough), and otherwise its just a pretty standard bullpup assault rifle. I mean, I'd rather see the classic Steyr AUG or the British L85 if we really want to see bullpup assault rifles...

Also, yes it's true that you have named many of the major miltary firearms manufacturers, but China and Israel are two big ones you're missing, and I guess France, Italy and the UK also deserve an honorable mention. Also, smaller countries like Austria (Steyr and Glock), and Switzerland (SIG Sauer), Serbia (Zastava), the Czech Republic (Ceska Zobrojka), and even Poland also have their share of interesting firearms, and I'd love to see a game like ArmA feature at least one gun from each of these countries.

More on topic, let me first say that I'm not aware how which factions are planned to be on either side of the main conflict in ArmA 3 will affect weapon choice, but I do have some ideas for weapons. My favorite weapons (besides American) are Soviet/Russian and Chinese weapons- so many of them are so deviously unique (and I guess I also like them because both countries through history have used a variety of calibers), whether built with integral silencers like the AS Val/VSS Vintorez rifle family and the Chinese QCW-05 SMG (hell, Russia even built a subsonic bolt-action sniper rifle, the VKS Vykhlop). Although of course at some point you want weapons that military forces have actually used (the whole realism factor)... It will be interesting to see how much the developers actually take liberties with creating their own futuristic weapons, as opposed to basing them off of current prototypes.

True. IMO BIS should focus on making weapon attachment system reliable and flexible, so any 3rd party weapon can be added with ease.

+1.

A properly implemented system would mean no more "same weapon with more gimmicks on it" type of addons. Same would go for the use of hidden selection, making reskins a ton easier (weapons and units alike).

An addon maker could just create a new weapon and use it with the existing attachments or create new attachments for the existing weapons (or both ;))

Soviet/Russian and Chinese weapons

Neither will be pictured in A3. I guess this will be the first BI military game where russia will NOT be in ;)

It will be interesting to see how much the developers actually take liberties with creating their own futuristic weapons, as opposed to basing them off of current prototypes.

i doubt they will push further than the existing rifles and prototypes on the market tbh...

you can call the above more than just an educated guess :rolleyes:

I guess this will be the first BI military game where russia will NOT be in

Nope. Well not completely ^^. It was said there will ("might"- as nothing is completely confirmed in this stage) be Russian PMC units. There might not be a complete russian faction, however there will be russian equipment :)