Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

I Love how these threads end up like :

I want ONLY two things :

1) Everything

2) Then some more

3) Did I say only 2 ?

Well since Iran is going to get the bomb for real, include it in the game...

Why that clichè that guerillas always have to use old or ancient equipment? :rolleyes:

1. Old guns are cheaper.

2. Why give some untrained kid an expensive weapon when they are going to die in around a fortnight anyway with the gun left lying in a ditch somewhere.

3. A lot of countries have strick gun laws so there won't be much gun fanatics with the latest tech running around.

Remember, old in the case of the G3 deosn't mean crap kit either.

We all know what the Enfield and FAL were like in OA as well, often better than current guns in a lot of situations.

Lol. All I can think of is Libya...

Militias will be equipped by OPFOR ally (Iran).

Resistance is estimated to have light weapons + the stuff that they found and acquired from military depots of the Greek army.

Cross fingers that BIS are left some good stuff in those depots...

Bandits and Smugglers are just some tolerated factions doing their own dirty business on Limnos.

This.

EDIT: Better add a suppressed version too.

EDIT2: Well... It could be a crew-served anti-material rifle? :P

Disabling parked or shooting down low and slow flying choppers with this would be fun.

Edited by -=Grunt=-

I would like to have this

FclQr471nyw

and this

uWiyA5Q-Gp4

and this

lSp8D4SdwBc

Edited by Tonci87

for the Russian side would like to see also that the arms and Arma 2 and More t-90ms, the Mi-28N just not the same as the screenshot, Su-t50pakfa, MiG-29, Su-35,su39-25

Edited by serega

there won't be any russian side in A3...

there won't be any russian side in A3...

it's very sad, many of my friends would like to see in Russia and A3 amerekansaya fraction and not only because it was so hallmark of Armagh. without it I can not imagine arma3

Don´t worry, there will be mods ;)

thanks;), but fashion is usually not very good it's sad, I would like to see a lot of different factions with their weapons just for games across the network.

it's very sad, many of my friends would like to see in Russia and A3 amerekansaya fraction and not only because it was so hallmark of Armagh. without it I can not imagine arma3

There are apparently going to be Russian PMCs. All hope is not yet lost :yay:

If it hasn't been mentioned, the Beretta ARX160 seems like it might be a good one to add. AFAIK it's in use with a couple SF units atm.

The Remington/Bushmaster ACR carbine. And before you all go "OMGZ0RS COD FAGG!!1!" I would just like to mention I didn't like how it was represented in that/those games, and I like it because it looks totally hot.

Here's a picture

400px-Bushmaster-acr-carbine.jpg

There's also a sniper or long range version

400px-Bushmasteracrspr.jpg

Edited by OnlyRazor

I'd love to see some form of air-burst 25mm grenades. Whether they are a weapon built specifically for that purpose (XM-25) or are simply a newer form of under-barrel launcher.

Also on the subject of things that come in 25mm, how about the Barrett XM109 (those who aren't familiar this is essentially a M107 retrofitted for 25mm). This wouldn't be radically different from the NTW-20 that has been suggested earlier in this thread, but unlike the NTW, the XM109 is a "future" weapon. To my knowledge as well, the NTW is only used by South Africa.

I'd also like to see some modular weapons make an appearence. Not only modular in what attachments they can use, but also barrel length, caliber, etc. Good examples would be the Barrett MRAD or DTA Stealth Recon Scout. The game would also need to include a necessity for swapping between rounds besides always taking whatever deals more death. Since the story will take place in and around civilian populations, you might want the option to choose between the power of a .338 Lapua, and something a bit smaller.

Maybe the Magpul FMG9 just for the lulz.

To be honest. Just a fully realized british faction.

Add in a few more weapons with suitable upgrade option, some british clothing and combat gear such as the new MTP pattern camouflage, Osprey body armour and Mk 7 helmets and maybe a few pieces of anti explosives kit and wall breaching charges.

And on the vehicle side, please bring us a more rounded british motorpool, such as seen in VBS2 JCOVE lite. I cannot tell you how much I wan't to drive around a Mastiff.

:D

Oh, and also, The M14 IBR 4S, because we must remember, that within the next 10 years, Apple will indeed be producing weapons, as the electronics field will be dead from all of the EMP's :D

Personally, I'd love to see a portable mortar launcher, something like the M224A1, used in two man teams.

Personally, I'd love to see a portable mortar launcher, something like the M224A1, used in two man teams.

You are in luck then, it's already a part of the game ;)

Sorry if there are some doubles from previous suggestions. I did a quick search, but you never know.

A heartbeat or motion sensor would be interesting. Perhaps a deployable one. You place it on a flank, or an expected egress route. Good way to know if you are being surrounded when in small special ops team missions.

A working out of the box C130 gunship system would be another nice touch. The existing mods work great, but having a high detail model ready to go on day one would be fun.

High altitude bombers would be impressive. Perhaps with visible contrails high above the battlefield, don't know if the map is simply too small for this, or if it can be simulated.

Working, mobile aircraft carrier. Perhaps a Tarawa class ship is sufficient. Or a future version can be imagined.

The Libyan Rebels have really shown some impressive improvised heavy weaponry. Could be nice to have a ragtag rebel group with some hardware that looks home made: Hind rocket pod on a truck. Anti-aircraft cannon setup on the back of an 18-wheeler, armoured bulldozers that take advantage of the fancy new physics system to clear out obstacles.

That's my 2 cents.

You are in luck then, it's already a part of the game ;)

OOOO! Goody! I will go to town with that. And I can trust it will be operated realistically. As for the rest of suggested weapons I'd like a bunch of firearms used by the US military currently (even though this is set 20 some years in the future). Perhaps:

- M4A1 Carbine

- M4 Carbine

- M4 CQB-R (Mk18 Mod 0)

- M16A4

- M27 IAR

- SCAR-L (Mk16 Mod 0)

- SCAR-H (Mk17 Mod 0)

- Mk 48 Mod 0

- Mk 48 Mod 1

- M249 SAW

- M240G

- MP5A4

- Kimber ICQB

- M9 and M9A1 Beretta

- MEU (SOC)

- Squad Advanced Marksmen Rifle (SAM-R)

- Mk 12 Special Purpose Rifle

- M39 EMR

- Mk11 Mod 0

- M110S

- M40A3 and M40A5

- M82A3 and M107A1

- M870 Shotgun

- M1014 Semi-Automatic Shotgun

- M32 Grenade Launcher

- M136 AT4

- Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (SMAW)

- FGM-184 Javelin Anti-Tank Missile

- FIN-92 Anti-Aircraft Missile

Some these are probally out dated but I thought I might list them anyways.