Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

you guys still asking the same old thing like m16|M4A1|AK74 etc? really?

Well, I'm asking for AN-94, AK-200 (instead of AK/AK-74) and HK416 instead of AR-15 ;)

And some fictional weapon for OpFor regulars, Tavor is good but maybe only for Iranian spec-ops (Quds? Or BIS changed their name?).

As for Opfor airforce - Iran's future fighter HESA Shafaq, based on MiG Istryebel 2000 project.

Remember guys that weapon technology makes a huge leap forward during a war. The bigger the war, the bigger the leap. To say something like "weapon xy won't be in production in 20 years" is nonsense.

Remember guys that weapon technology makes a huge leap forward during a war. The bigger the war, the bigger the leap. To say something like "weapon xy won't be in production in 20 years" is nonsense.

Dang it! Whad I tell you common sens folk to get off this here forums? Get rid of one and darn gosh, 'nother one crops up :mad:

Now since were all throwing around opinions, my opinion is that the Galil ACE is the finest lookin' AK platform out there. Mather of fact... I might just scoot on over to the wish thread and request it.

I would really like to see some neat future weapons, don't get me wrong. But I also would like my M16s and AKs in the editor just so I can use them if I want. I mean guerillas have got to be using old tech right? No reason why we can't have old and new weapons in a future game. Hell, the Lee Enfeild bolt action rifle was in OA :D

I would really like to see some neat future weapons, don't get me wrong. But I also would like my M16s and AKs in the editor just so I can use them if I want. I mean guerillas have got to be using old tech right? No reason why we can't have old and new weapons in a future game. Hell, the Lee Enfeild bolt action rifle was in OA :D

Yes , am sure there will be "our old guns" there and about Lee Enfield is the most deadly weapon in the OA when AI using it ;)

Edited by RobertHammer

Just a reminder : The guerillas ar using old greek weaponry raided from the army stores. The greeks have the AK , the M-16 series and the G3 in their current arsenal.

Heck I will add this to the confirmed features list as a feature just to make things more clear.

C-RAM laser weapon system like the one from MBDA Germany.

Boring backgroundstory = ELITE SF w1rri0rZ have to destroy advanced weapon system before the enemy can find & use it. :cool:

AK-200 commercial brand is not for the army.Already know exactly what 8-10 years in Russia will be completely different small arms,now being developed assault rifles (not based on the AK)which will replace the Army AK74M.It was decided to replace the SVD on a new rifle (cartridge 8Ñ…68mm) development of engaged son Dragunov.

Also, SV98 is replaced by SV98M and VS-8 already have information about the modernization KORD and PKP.

Equipment of the army after 20 years is already known, it will be based on existing now, prototypes to develop new weapons, often required for many years,and obviously, these weapons will be in use for at least 10-20 years minimum.But the A3 will be reduced intentionally realism to attract small children, the game will set a fantastic fake it makes the game more arcade.:mad:

Hmmm. No not really. Rememer insurgents still use rpg-7s and ak47s (64 years old now?)

You realize most AKs are in fact AKMs right?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Of course it does! Let's see:

Standard UK rifle in the end of the XIX century = Lee-Enfield

Standard UK and Commonwealth rifle in WWI = Lee-Enfield

Standard UK rifle Commonwealth rifle in WWII = Lee-Enfield

Standard UK rifle in the mid of the XX century = Lee-Enfield

I see a pattern emerging! Let me guess what the UK will be using in ArmA3: Lee-Enfield? :rolleyes:

Jokes aside, the evolution really happens, but old, proven combat weapons and methods are not just abandoned. Just because automatic and assault rifles and carbines appeared in WWII does not mean that the proven bolt-action would be throw away, as an example, because the doctrine of the time required accurrate rifles, even most combats taking place within a 300m range.

The prototype and fancy guns are cool? Of course some are for most, but being shot by one of those is just as lethal as being shot by a Lee-Enfield.

But if the military doctrine change a bit or is interpreted in a different way the loadout may change. A good example is the adoption of the M27 IAR by the USMC.

But really, I'm pretty sure the AR15 is not going to be the same in the 2030s. Maybe different uppers, different rails, dunno, but it will be very likely still be used.

AK-200 commercial brand is not for the army.Already know exactly what 8-10 years in Russia will be completely different small arms,now being developed assault rifles (not based on the AK)which will replace the Army AK74M.It was decided to replace the SVD on a new rifle (cartridge 8Ñ…68mm) development of engaged son Dragunov.

Also, SV98 is replaced by SV98M and VS-8 already have information about the modernization KORD and PKP.

Equipment of the army after 20 years is already known, it will be based on existing now, prototypes to develop new weapons, often required for many years,and obviously, these weapons will be in use for at least 10-20 years minimum.But the A3 will be reduced intentionally realism to attract small children, the game will set a fantastic fake it makes the game more arcade.:mad:

As far as we know, the Russian federation wont be playable in ArmA 3, so why exactly are you angry?

Serious post now. I think this would fit in the ArmA 3 scene very nicely.

GpUfZvzH2Xc

Would love to continue to see Land Rovers, Toyota Hiluxes (and Datsuns), and possibly Mercedes Unimogs and could we maybe even get some Toyota Land Cruisers? The old models are still very prevalent in Africa and other conflict zones.

I'd like to see enterable vehicles where you can walk inside them e.g. a bus aisle.

I'd like to see the DSR-50. One of the best long range rifles in the world. It has an accuracy of 0.2 MOA ! I'm a long range shooter (only for competitions) and I've heard that this rifle is... INCREDIBLE. The famous magazine "Tactical Life" named it "THe Bugatti Veyron of long range rifles".

I'd like to see also match bullets for the .50 BMG and not always the M2 one.

Edited by FiftyBMG

As far as we know, the Russian federation wont be playable in ArmA 3, so why exactly are you angry?

What is the connection between Russian federation and realism in ArmA 3 ?:dummy:

What is the connection between Russian federation and realism in ArmA 3 ?:dummy:

You went from describing the future loadout of the Russian federation armed forces,which we dont know if they will be part of ArmA 3, to calling it arcade for dissregarding trends in weapon development and adoption in the Russian federation.

If you were trying to prove a point regarding weapon system adoption in armed forces around the world in a short time span, whell you chose the wrong example.

Also I think we have a different understanding of the word arcade. I for one do not consider ArmA 3 to be arcade beacuse NATO will be using an already existing weapon system 22 years from now a.k.a. game content does not make a game arcade in my books.

If BIS decide to give up bullet drop and make weapons shoot on a straight line, that would make arma more arcade.

ArmA is a sandbox FPS with a handfull of "realism" on top in it's vanila form. It's not in any way a simulator, so the "it's not used in RL, why is it ingame" argument does not apply.

ONTOPIC

I would like to see a gunship V-22 :)

Edited by Maio

You went from describing the future loadout of the Russian federation armed forces,which we dont know if they will be part of ArmA 3, to calling it arcade for dissregarding trends in weapon development and adoption in the Russian federation.

If you were trying to prove a point regarding weapon system adoption in armed forces around the world in a short time span, whell you chose the wrong example.

Also I think we have a different understanding of the word arcade. I for one do not consider ArmA 3 to be arcade beacuse NATO will be using an already existing weapon system 22 years from now a.k.a. game content does not make a game arcade in my books.

If BIS decide to give up bullet drop and make weapons shoot on a straight line, that would make arma more arcade.

ArmA is a sandbox FPS with a handfull of "realism" on top in it's vanila form. It's not in any way a simulator, so the "it's not used in RL, why is it ingame" argument does not apply.

ONTOPIC

I would like to see a gunship V-22 :)

It was useful information for people who think like that AK-200 is a replacement for AK74M is not directly related to the game.

Obsolyutno total absence, Russia in A3 ? And project "Black Eagle"with electromagnetic gun and Mi-48 Kajman it is made in Romania?

Maybe you chose the wrong game, you have to try, such as HALO 3; battlefield 2142 ; ghost recon future soldier ; COD MW3

ARMA now the only realistic fps with a real modern army maionaze you are a fan of 'star wars'? but many other people like the 'sniper' or 'Black Hawk Down'

Edited by zoldatpizdat

It was useful information for people who think like that AK-200 is a replacement for AK74M is not directly related to the game.

Obsolyutno total absence, Russia in A3 ? And project "Black Eagle"with electromagnetic gun and Mi-48 Kajman it is made in Romania?

Maybe you chose the wrong game, you have to try, such as HALO 3; battlefield 2142 ; ghost recon future soldier ; COD MW3

ARMA now the only realistic fps with a real modern army maionaze you are a fan of 'star wars'? but many other people like the 'sniper' or 'Black Hawk Down'

You are little confused

The point is - In ArmA 3 there is no Russian Army - possible in Armaverse the Ak-200 don't exist ,because they using AN-94 Abakan

and those vehicles been made by Iran , because they stoled plans to make own vehicles and weapons (Tavor , Namer , Merkava , Kajman etc)

Edited by RobertHammer

No need to get that angry. I am, for one, pretty ok with a futuristic setting, since we already got two ARMA games set in modern times, and I believe, that there is people, who think like me.

Now speaking on the topic:

OPFOR have those ultrakewl, somewhat MGSish-looking helmets with augmented reality, but BLUEFOR keep using old earless ACH. So what about if

will be an accessory for said ACH? Combine it with aug. reality system, and we have a nice counterpart for iranian helmets. Also we can have this

hlmae108000.jpg

and this

hlmac108000.jpg

as helmet accessories.

Edited by Corvinus

You are little confused

The point is - In ArmA 3 there is no Russian Army - possible in Armaverse the Ak-200 don't exist ,because they using AN-94 Abakan

and those vehicles been made by Iran , because they stoled plans to make own vehicles and weapons (Tavor , Namer , Merkava , Kajman etc)

Of course I am aware that there is no Russian Army in A3(This is good news for me) you do not understand me, listed by you the Israeli Made in Israel: Tavor , Namer , Merkava and MIL(MI48 Kajman) this Russian firm. Explain where there "stolen plans"been made in Iran?An example would be that you become clear "stolen plans"been made in China:Type 56 ; Type 63 ; J-11B ; J-15

I do not understand in 2035 that Iran will make own tanks, or buys from his Israeli friends? ;)