Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

I do understand that most likely there will be no Russians in the game, however, the Iranians could use the following prototypes of Russian origin:

PAK FA as a counterweight to F-35:

051153.jpg

KAMAZ Taifun MRAP:

img160w.jpg

img163x.jpg

VS-8 bolt-action sniper rifle (.338LM):

imds2011157.jpg

That's all, sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Corvinus

Your images are too big.

PAK FA would be nice.

The Kamaz Taifun is sexy :o.

i'd like to see on the independent side :

- bunch of AKs

- AR18

- hunting rifle ( where's the problem ? BIS added the CZ 552 right ? )

- mosin nagant

- another bolt action rifle in .308

- abrams ( independent are supported by NATO right ? )

- HRP-1

- SA 330

OPFOR :

- MI 26

- IL-76

- QBU-88 ( marksman )

- PKP

BLUFOR :

i don't have anymore idea

In my opinion most popular nowadays weapons and vehicles should reappear also in A3 - used mainly by poor independents. Of course this stuff should look very worn out compared to regular armies equipment; however I don't think there's particular need for WWII assault rifles.

I'd really love to see Polish MSBS modular firearm system in hands of independents, since this project aims at low manufacture costs and reliability over complexity - thus should fit modern rebel's and poor man's army needs as perfectly as once AKs did. Of course this is all speculation based on media leaks, but... well, there are Hamoks around :P

RkOP6nGdQxQ

I also guess that there still should be some rusty Mi-26s and other heavy stuff around, only step from tearing apart itself while running.

Ah, and almost forgot about M1911. ;)

^This.

I already showed the MSBS on an earlier page. It's such an awesome weapon.

Finally. Somebody who agrees with me. It would be such a shame not to see the Su-47 in Arma 3.

Finally. Somebody who agrees with me. It would be such a shame not to see the Su-47 in Arma 3.

Even if it is, and added he is unlikely to have to maneuver better than f35, and if he does not maneuver better than f35 it will mean the unreliability of the simulator, so that probably will not. Maybe Pak-Fa?

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Add the soldier the opportunity to carry a knife!

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

I would really like to see the AN-94

I really like the Su-47 and Pak-Fa. I guess it depends how the storyline goes. Given that we've been told there's a lot of Chinese support for the Iranians, perhaps the J-20 should be used instead of the Pak-Fa. I'd also like to see some sort of replacement for the A-10. They keep trying to boneyard that bird, but it still finds itself useful every time there's a war on. The fleet is aging, though. It's projected service life is until 2028, but they'll need to put a replacement into production prior to that. A new aircraft with similar capabilities would be great. If that won't fit into the storyline, I'd suggest some pretty heavy modifications to the current A-10. That really applies to everything, though. If the war has been going on for years, you're going to see tons of modifying and adapting done to gear and vehicles. Grunts are masters at modifying gear to do things it wasn't intended to do. :D

I really like the Swedish CV90 and Archer as well. Something with those kind of capabilities would be great. Specifics don't matter that much, just capabilities. Everyone can make their favorite specific stuff as addon content.

Edited by bradp191

It's projected service life is until 2028, but they'll need to put a replacement into production prior to that. A new aircraft with similar capabilities would be great. If that won't fit into the storyline, I'd suggest some pretty heavy modifications to the current A-10.

I'm not so sure there will even be a real replacement to the A-10 with the high pace that UAVs are evolving. UAVs would be:

- Cheaper (no more pilot selections that exclude 95% or more of the population from flying due to physical imperfections, less expensive training, smaller airframe, lower fuel consumption, simplified controls etc);

- Safer (no bad publicity because of pilots dying either in training or in combat or being captured and used as bargaining chips)

- More time actually doing it's job (a longer loitering time over the target because of the lower fuel consumption and lack of a human's needs).

For example you can field quite a number of Predator and Reaper drones for the price of a single F-22.

In 2008 the New York Air National Guard 174th Fighter Wing began the transition from F-16 piloted planes to MQ-9 Reapers, becoming the first fighter squadron conversion to an all-UCAV attack squadron. As of March 2011, the U.S. Air Force was training more pilots for advanced unmanned aerial vehicles than for any other single weapons system.

That makes a lot of sense. I didn't even think about it, but UAVs are replacing manned aircraft in the CAS role. Those Reapers are quite nice to have on your side. That flying lawnmower sound is actually quite comforting.

Maybe have the US forces with a light fighter? They are after all equiping a wing with 100 of these aircraft for COIN, and to train the COIN forces of other nations. Although the plane has not been decided yet there are quite a few to choose from.

Curious how you'd intend on replacing the GAU-8.

Small diameter bombs for one. The same way that warships and AA defence systems no longer use cannon as their primary weapon, but use missiles instead. Bullets do not offer enough control and precision, guided weapons like missiles and bombs do. Increasing the accuracy while at the same time minimizing the chance of collateral damage (which for Western armies has been the real reason for losing wars in the last few decades, support at home collapses, troops are withdrawn). The traditional 1000 and 2000 pound bombs typically carried by NATO aircraft are often overkill for most of the SEAD targets and deplete the available ordnance quickly. 4 GBU-39s of 250 pounds each can be mounted on the mounting point of a single 2000 pound JDAM.

Examples are the GBU-39 (already in service) and GBU-53/B.

Edited by JdB

What he said and Hellfire armed Reapers can take over the tank-busting role. A new replacement for the GAU-8 is what I meant about a new platform to replace the A-10. I imagine that those 30mm rounds are quite a bit cheaper than a hellfire. I can see both sides of the coin here. Perhaps some improved 20mm rounds for tank busting? That doesn't sound like the best remedy either.

I can tell you that fixed wing gun runs are still in regular use in combat. Its very hard to get clearance for a bomb drop in populated areas of Afghanistan, but its not too difficult to get a gun run. Gun runs were used about as often as UAV strikes in my AO.

I don't know if anyone knows when arma 3 is taking place, but the A-10C is supposed to be in service until at least 2028... The A-10C can carry a variety of munitions. For tank busting (depending on the tank) it has the GAU-8/A, CBU-97, CBU-105, AGM-65 (basically all variants of the agm-65), PGM's, and some other munitions. And for personal and lightly armored vehicles you have PGM's, Dumb bombs, rockets, and all of the mentioned. Sorry for not mentioning each munition in particular, but I would rather not go through the 20+ weapons at its disposal. So I have no idea why you guys are trying to figure out a replacement for the A-10C... BTW the A-10 in arma 2, is the A-10A, it's outdated....

Well they say its going on in the 2020-2025 time frame. I think it would just make good sense to have a new platform with the same capabilities online before you start phasing out the old. Call me old fashioned, but I like a little continuity.

Well they say its going on in the 2020-2025 time frame. I think it would just make good sense to have a new platform with the same capabilities online before you start phasing out the old. Call me old fashioned, but I like a little continuity.

And that's exactly how the US Military thinks. The A-10A was outdated, solution, update it to the A-10C.... I wouldn't be surprised if when the A-10C is outdated they just update it to something like A-10X.... The US Military likes tried and tested weapon systems... Which if you are correct about the time frame there is no need to think about new CAS, as the A-10C would still be in service...

I'm not so sure there will even be a real replacement to the A-10 with the high pace that UAVs are evolving. UAVs would be:

- Cheaper (no more pilot selections that exclude 95% or more of the population from flying due to physical imperfections, less expensive training, smaller airframe, lower fuel consumption, simplified controls etc);

- Safer (no bad publicity because of pilots dying either in training or in combat or being captured and used as bargaining chips)

- More time actually doing it's job (a longer loitering time over the target because of the lower fuel consumption and lack of a human's needs).

For example you can field quite a number of Predator and Reaper drones for the price of a single F-22.

Some problems with the statements. I cannot find a good source (other then wiki) for how much the A-10C cost (which is current CAS), but the reaper has a unit cost of 53.5 million dollars (http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=6405).

There is still a selection process for pilot of the drones. Although not as tough, it is still present... Drone pilots have the highest rates for PSTD... So it's not exactly safer either... In order to use drones you have to have air superiority, as they have no real defenses. You also have to have a secure link to it. As of right now the reaper is only equipped with AGM's and GBU's. It has a small payload as well... Which means it's not good for all CAS missions...