Sign in to follow this  
archaon98

What weapons/vehicles would you like to see in ArmA 3?

Actually, the Comanche is still going to be used limitedly alongside the Kiowa warriors, which I am glad to see are still going to see service.
wishfull thinking. The german technical museums are full with such prototypes like the comanche..we even have
and VTOL jetcargoplanes that worked and sit there now.

Cancelled means cancelled, no matter how much money was already sank into the project (like the two examples I linked)

Edited by Beagle

a marshmellow gun or a warthog lol jk:) but maybe a tracer dart that transmits a signal to airsupport or somebody with a rocket (mostly AI rocket troops) or even whole team.

Ok so...everyone wants a new toy but one thing i think that has been missing and would really come in handy especially for squad units working at night is tracer rounds in the assault rifles....when you have to direct fire to a fire line it would be much easier if they could see where you were firing instead of trying to tell them. Also one thing that would really be handy is an option for a semi transparent compass icon which can be placed anywhere on the screen. The one in arma2 is ok but when you have to take out the compass it takes up too much screen space. Major blind spot for the enemy to hide in. And since i am being picky, an option to set up a group way point to mark out what will be your twelve o'clock. Oh and one more request ok two more...please set timer fuse on grenades..they dont explode on impact. And on the map would it be possible to have an option to layover a user based customized grid to mark out a fire teams border to reduce patricide. What can i say...its an awesome upgrade from arma2 but just had to mention a few things just in case the creators may have overlooked some key points.

wishfull thinking. The german technical museums are full with such prototypes like the comanche..we even have
and VTOL jetcargoplanes that worked and sit there now.

Cancelled means cancelled, no matter how much money was already sank into the project (like the two examples I linked)

Well, the reason why they didn't need those VTOL Starfighters was because by the time they were coming out with those, they had better alternatives out (Like the AV8 Harrier in the 60's) which used a lot less fuel and were more efficient. Also, that's not entirely true, the XM29 is actually limitedly used within some squadrons and special forces even though it was a canceled project. I think the National Guard may have some comanches, but I dont know (Hell, they get their tech from all of the other groups, thats why they have SuperCobras and Apaches etc.)

Chaingunfighter the US Army canceled the RAH-66 program in February 2004 as a part of a reorganization of Army Aviation. IIRC there were only two "operational" prototypes which are now in a museum.

Cross fingers that BIS devs will make some working low-tech weapons too. Things that Lemnos Freedom Fighters might use against occupying forces before they will get/collect better equipment. :)

Maxxis Advantage 2.1 70a Kevlar Tyres for the pushie, lol, advanced knee/elbow pads kits and advanced load bearing suspenders :) 55rnd Shotgun Bandoleer, Enhanced Commando Recon Harness, Level 2 and 3 Tactical SERPA Holster, Warrior Wear Light Assault Boots, Warrior Wear ZW5 5" Side Zip Boot, Weapon Fanny Pack, Flashlight Holder w/Mod-U-Lok Attachment, A.C.E. Tactical Goggles, Special Operations Goggles, S.O.L.A.G. Special Ops Full Finger Light Assault, Barracuda - Tempest II - Turbine 100oz Hydration Pack, Rifle Cheek Pad, S.O.L.A.G. HD w/Kevlar Gloves, Omega Elite Enhanced Dual M-16/Pistol Mag Pouch. I'm sure there's more gear out there :)

Let's get kitted up in ArmA3 :)

what about this baby: 2S25 Sprut-SD

yknOKn4biXo

dPheOyP8018

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

the cannon can be used also as howitzer, mortar and to shoot missiles.

Actually, the Comanche is still going to be used limitedly alongside the Kiowa warriors, which I am glad to see are still going to see service.

Remained as a prototype , only five copies were built. the only flights they do serve to develop the technology in future versions of the AH-64 and subsequent programs of helicopter gunships and nothing else.

if arma3 simulates a 3rd world war, I think it would be good to involve different countries but with their own respective weapons. Do not focus on U.S. and Russian weapons and leave a few crumbs, as a few guns, to other countries. Remember that the major weapons manufacturers are first the Russians and Americans 2nd, 3rd French and the Germans 4th, the British 5th and the Ukraine, Canada, the Netherlands, Italy ... etc

So there is just to add in ARMA3 weapons that already exist and focus on different countries so that players around the world can feel flattered ,concerned and have the pleasure of playing with their weapons, there's nothing else better to attract the customer ,and with no need to add hypothetical prototypes.

For instance,as being a French, there is nothing more fun than to be in control of a Leclerc tank, a Rafale, a tiger, a VBCI or shoot with a FAMAS or a PGM Hecate II: protest:

Same for the German with a Leopard 2A6, a Puma, a tiger ...

or an Englishman to fly a Typhoon ...

or with a Swedish CV 90 ...

or with a italian Ariete tank...

To make it short, let's think a little to everyone, Russian and american weapons are great, but all the time it is boring.

I hope you will think about all this and thank you for this excellent game.

sincerely yours

Edited by Le Colonel

angled iron sights and surefire high cap mags

Those angled iron sights are pretty :)

but about those mags - they are not good , it gives you more bullets ,but it also gives more weight and the jam - in your video you can clearly see , it jammed on the 6th round , so no good use in the battlefield

Edited by RobertHammer

Keeping the future theme

meninblacklnoisycricket_480x360.jpg

Edited by SnR

Keeping the future theme

BTA5.jpg

You know, it would be at least nice of them to include some sensible threats. Like alien robot zombies.

You know, it would be at least nice of them to include some sensible threats. Like alien robot zombies.

Maybe something like this? Lol.

crysis_alien_hunter.jpg?w=500&h=334

Well I would like to see the M-95 Degman (its still only available as a prototype, but Arma 3 is in the future :p )

300px-Degman_041.jpg

And I would like to see the new croatian assault Rifle VHS

vhs-k.jpg

It looks a little bit futuristic and the testing results show that its going to be one of the best Rifles ever made

hi

It looks a little bit futuristic ??

It's just a copy of the F.A.M.A.S create in 1973

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZbPCwKXT4_tFGUAuOfNo2h_X96lD16SpP-IH4kUw8m2NO8wJIzA

But now the F.A.M.A.S is including in french régiments looks like that

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVf0GuqUqcKDZrDKx9v81-n1ZTb4Tzc74fUVIkeSk4MQYii2tf

F.A.M.A.S G2 Félin with the new french equipement. incorporeted few months ago ( May 2010). First army in Europe to use the Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System. wild be use in Afghanistan in december 2012 or before.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaI9VlqdAEv9uV1fUpCY7di0MQ57AxJWOHjDWHhINKYXTmOzgm

Outfit for Arma 3 :)

The Famas design is the only thing they were inspired from. The VHS is much better and more reliable

but about those mags - they are not good , it gives you more bullets ,but it also gives more weight and the jam - in your video you can clearly see , it jammed on the 6th round , so no good use in the battlefield

Speaking of mags, I'd like to see magazine proxies on the weapons so that it makes a visual difference whether you use a standard STANAG 30Rnd or a Beta-C :)

The SR-25SD

A nice suggestion, but we already had that with Arrowhead with the M110 (wouldn't mind seeing it again though). I'd like to see some variants other than the m110 or the MK11 mod 0 for the SR-25 platform.

MP7 and P90, HK416, Corner Shots (various types)

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

A nice suggestion, but we already had that with Arrowhead with the M110 (wouldn't mind seeing it again though). I'd like to see some variants other than the m110 or the MK11 mod 0 for the SR-25 platform.

Interesting, how come the gun has two completely names? Does the U.S Army just arbitrarily change shit like that or is it some other institution that gave it a second Name/Number designation to the gun?

Different branches of service is why.

A more refined answer is the SR-25 is the platform (based on the AR-10). But once a military adopts it it, they assign it a designation following their standard of weapon naming. They also include several modifications from the base design for the tasks they are to be used for. In the army you have the M110. With the Navy/Marines you have the MK11 mod 0 (a different varient from the M110, though according to wikipedia *stop laughin* they are being phased out for the M110).

Edited by Steakslim

Different branches of service is why.

A more refined answer is the SR-25 is the platform (based on the AR-10). But once a military adopts it it, they assign it a designation following their standard of weapon naming. They also include several modifications from the base design for the tasks they are to be used for. In the army you have the M110. With the Navy/Marines you have the MK11 mod 0 (a different varient from the M110, though according to wikipedia *stop laughin* they are being phased out for the M110).

Interesting, thanks for the info.:)

Interesting, how come the gun has two completely names? Does the U.S Army just arbitrarily change shit like that or is it some other institution that gave it a second Name/Number designation to the gun?

When you see a "Mk" designator, that is almost always a U.S. Navy/Crane-USSOCOM developed item versus the "M" designator on most Army and some USMC items.