Sign in to follow this  
zonekiller

[CO 36] BattleZone DeathMatch

I can vouch for how well it is going! Performance is great with a huge amount of units !

Will help out more when I get back from holiday!

nice news, I would like to help out, but i don't have knowledge in Arma scripting & etc and my english is not so good (+ beer it would be terrible). I send pm if i have time on weekend.

Good news people the new Battlezone complete with AI control will be ready when the 1.60 patch is realeased - its been over 9 months in the making and seems worth all the effort . more news to come soon

i still cant think how can work a coop dm(i should read more in description^^) but i love the idea,ill try it when new vers. will be released. nice move zonekiller and goodluck

DM or team DM is about as close as a description as i can give -- :) there are up to 12 bases "depending how powerfull the server is" 2 or 3 sides depending on how you want it , PVP -- as commander of a base where you have to create all the vehicles and defences - std mode where the AI will take care of everything and you only have to look after yourself , you can still help the AI setup the base and defences as well as the attacking forces -- The mission will play itself out if you let it and you can just be in it for the fighting -- it covers all of Takistan and the whole map is the the battlefield - markers show you where the action is -- you can jump in as a gunner in any vehicle with a AI driver and go on patrols - if enemy are spotted they call for backup - your up against every vehicle with a weapon in AO , in the params you can set it to use all vehicles - and use ARMA2 vehicles as well -- very easy to port to different maps and use different factions -- have tested it with all the new betas and it does work much better with the 1.60 betas - not only can the AI do almost everything a player can -- they have to -- things like go back to base to rearm , if they loose there gunner they will go back to base and get a new one :) - if they loose there driver the gunner will jump in as driver and take the vehicle back to base - if the vehicle is destroyed the AI will go to the closest base an attack it on foot- nothing gets waisted - thats just a small bit of what you can expect -there are many more features - have tested on a dedicated server with well over 300 AI on the map at the same time - everything is in real time

i have tryied to recreate the same style of game play as the original game BattleZone 2

Edited by Zonekiller

Hey does this support ACE2 or do you have plans to make an ACE2 compatible version please :)

it is based loosly on my battlefield 3 mod so it should be compatible with ACE2

if anyone wishes to test it with ACE2 send me a PM and i will send a beta copy to you--

there are still a few bugs -- IE having AI control vehicles with players in them - different vehicles have diffent issues

main issue is that the gunner must stay in the land vehicles , in any pos but he must be in there

almost have a standard system for all vehicles , but at this stage it is functional with about 80% on the vehicles

Edited by Zonekiller

--UPDATE --

The new mission is finished :) - just doing an intro "never done one before so should be fun"

The new mission is ZKs BattleZone and is PVP or Coop or Rambo or a mixture of all 3 :)

Ive ported it to the Tasmania Map as well

Tasmania Map Link -

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125874

I have made it very simple to port to new maps and there will be a doc in the mission for that.

Feel free to join my server - just search for ZDS and and give it a good test.

Great map ZK.It's a unique style of play that's sophisticated and action packed.i love how the jets taxi on the run way.Also, if a jet loses a pilot or gunner it will land back at its air base and get another crew/pilot, instead of flying around like an idiot. Same goes for land vehicles, if a driver gets shot out, the gunner will move into the driver spot and make his ay back to base for a driver/crew replacement. Brilliant scripts mate.

regards

I'm reinstalling ArmA 2 at the moment, and the very first thing I plan on doing is playing this mission. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to adding the silliest units imaginable?