I'm intending to write a program that will extract, edit & create PBO's however i haven't got a scooby on how the actual PBO file is constructed :confused: i have read that it is made up of three sections;

a header

contiguous data block - all the script files etc

a four byte simple accumulative checksum

I assume it's then combined like a CAB file or something like that and I presume it is not just a hash of a text file as the header part does not look text'ish!

If someone could explain how to combine the necessary files into one packaged file - the pbo - i would be extremely greatful and possibly dance like a banana :yay:

Ok i have devloped the simple program and it can be downloaded here MGD_Pbo.zip Any feedback greatly apprieciated :bounce3:

And i have updated it (25 Nov 2011) with some minor amendments - but as i've had no feedback i wonder if i'm talking to myself :lookaround:

Minor update to deal with UAC Settings (7th Dec 2011)

Minor update to improve UI (20th Dec 2012)

Edited by MiniGunDad
Update

Ok - no response :(

Time to get geeky;

On reflection i suppose i can reference the Pbo.dll in say VB Net and access it's processes - so my question now is: what are the 'commands/functions' in the dll that i need to access?

url above documents the structure of a pbos (there are several variants)

i think you are referring to DePbo.dll

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

the API headers you are looking for are in the repository section.

the code is *very* robust, *very* stable and covers all engines from ofp demo to extants of vbs2 lite.

contact me: mikero@norfolk.nf, or skype Mike.Andrew if you want further assistance.

I think that is what my first post was about!

2. This subforum for released tools, not for questions about something.

Sorry did not know which catergory/forum to put it in.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

url above documents the structure of a pbos (there are several variants)

i think you are referring to DePbo.dll

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

the API headers you are looking for are in the repository section.

the code is *very* robust, *very* stable and covers all engines from ofp demo to extants of vbs2 lite.

contact me: mikero@norfolk.nf, or skype Mike.Andrew if you want further assistance.

Yup DePbo.dll. The link takes me to a list of various files most of which are pbo utilities. The repository page just has links to revision history of something or other. I think i'm missing the plot here or my question was misread so i'll email you.

MiniGunDad, Mikero's pbo.dll export C++ classes, not plain functions. If you want to make managed (vb.net, for ex.) wrapper, you must create mixed assembly (ManagedC++ + C# / VB.Net). If you dont want to f**ck your brain with interop-wrappers, you can take this: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/tdt

Leopotam, thanks for the info. Hmmm seems this is a little more in-depth than i first thought. "Managed Wrappers" that is deep and i'm not to good with c++ though a revisit wont hurt :D

I had a quick look at T_D Tools but again not much info on the dll functions. Think i'll do some more research on the web and see what gives.

Thanks again.

"T_D Tools" - pure .net managed assemblies. You can analyze public api with "Reflector" or "IL Spy".

Leopotam: I've used Reflector before - but don't really want to hack into somones work. Would prefer code etc given freely and expalined just like Mac.ArmA.Net. which is more like what i wanted. Thanks for the link PvPscene and i see Leopotam you had a hand in some fixes to the assembly. So thank you again.

I'll research and see if i can get some code working - will post with results.

****anyone**** who wants to put a .net wrapper around my code PLEASE feel free to do so. I'll bundle it into the dll project and publish it at dev heaven with all due credit to the author

Ok I’ve created the simple program which;

• Creates a Pbo from a mission folder - does not check for files or validity

• Extracts from Pbo all files to a folder.

Simple I know but that was my intention. It utilizes Mac.ArmA.net (many thanks to ‘sbsmac’) and requires the user to have Net Framework 4 installed.

It should work on any OS (XP Onwards) and with both 32Bit & 64Bit. However, I have only tested it on the following so can only confirm these;

Win 7 Pro 32Bit

Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Vista Home 32Bit

Win XP 32Bit

If anyone would like a copy please let me know.

MiniGunDad, you can update first topic with link to actual version of your tool.

Just a quick note to say i've made some improvements to my Pbo Tool - download is on first thread.

Your dll .NET compatible would be super awesome!!! And it is called Mono ;)