Sign in to follow this  
focher

Domination - Active again?

Hi,

I noticed that Domination! is back up on Dev Heaven, plus there was even a 2.60 release. Is it back under active development? Limited development?

Does this mean that Xeno might release his mighty new version someday? One can only hope...

thanks

I'm not sure if this thread will last long, but I think for people like xeno, who dedicate their time beyond expectation to produce a quality free addon, sometimes taking a break from it all is absolutely necessary. It seems he received some rather unpleasant feedback (maybe not publically) at a time when it was not needed. I'm sure he will return when it suits him, as it should be. However, the generosity of the members of this forum is clear in the JSRS thread, ie. people care. I'm sure a simple donation based system where maybe if the dedicated server files cost say USD$5 then there would be some monetary motivation to continue development. Just a thought.

Yes, but that is before the apparent "re-activation" of Domination! on Dev Heaven. Xeno pulled it back in May (you couldn't even see it anymore) and now it's back. My question remains ... is it back under active development?

As far as I can tell - there are changes in big chunks of 2.60's code, comparing to 2.59.

2.60 has many new things - go for it. You can now run both AI+Revive all by settings in the mission settings, and many bugs fixed. Best doomi release so far - BIG THANKS TO XENO.

Good news, But I can't seem to get it to start...

Do I need a dedicated server? If so then I'm doomed to play 2.57 for the rest of my life :P

I always thought Domination required a dedi server to work correctly?

Do I need a dedicated server? If so then I'm doomed to play 2.57 for the rest of my life :P

Start the server by arma2oaserver.exe & start the actual gaming session at the same pc and then join the server.

Start the server by arma2oaserver.exe & start the actual gaming session at the same pc and then join the server.

I would do that if I could/knew how.

I use the Steam version with ACE so dedicated is a no-go with me, because the folders for A2 and OA are separate, and I don't have the know-how to run a Dedicated server.

is there any way to take measures for as....s like those? They destroying the ultimate coop experience. I really enjoy join a server with my friends make a squad of 5-6 ppl and kill all the bots in the map. But plz do something about this. Like a script or anything.

B2UVF-gzePs

is there any way to take measures for as....s like those? They destroying the ultimate coop experience. I really enjoy join a server with my friends make a squad of 5-6 ppl and kill all the bots in the map. But plz do something about this. Like a script or anything.

B2UVF-gzePs

this video is hilarious :yay: 5:45 best part hahaha

Edited by muni

A good admin would of taken care of that. That is just more Battle Field and COD kiddie nonsense.

B2UVF-gzePs

There is Parameters for team kill kick count, and satchels usable in base options in the "parameters" at the bottom right of your screen when creating a server.

Either than that I'd say play with ACE and that'll solve almost ALL troll issues, because if a troll wants to troll, they'll go for easy targets, no troll is going to go through the hassle of downloading and installing ACE.

If Domination is coming back, Xeno will say so.

Thread locked.