Sign in to follow this  
MrWonderman92

Arma II OA wont install

Well as the title says guys when i try to install Arma OA it gets about half way of installing and a error pops up saying .

File copy error 9 (CRC does not match).

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expasnsion\Addons\air_e.pbo

Im guessing your installation files are corrupt or your disc/drive is faulty so can you tell us what OA you have... DvD , Sprocket, Steam.

Win7, Always right click on install file and "Run as Administrator"

Check disc surface.

Try a different drive to install from.

Copy files from disc to hd and install from hd save location.

Get install files from a friend etc. which is ok by BIS as long as key is legit.... i posted a friend these files on a usb and he returned the usb when finnished.

Whats the condition of the disc and have you given it a polish with a dvd cleaning cloth. If there is a scratch or blemish then try taking it to a video rental shop and get it machine polished in one of the disc cleaners... they look like a pc.

Is your dvd drive faulty which i doubt unless that is the message is different every time and then i would be looking at that.

If all that is verified and you still get the same message all the time i'd be looking for another dvd to install from so if a friend has one try that but use your license key.

Transfer all your dvd content to one of your hard drives and install from there but youll have to look up how to do that.

At wits end ! .... Im not sure if thisll work with a dvd purchase but it should becuase i read in these forums that you can get the install files from anywhere so long as you have a legit license key.

Anyway try downloading the sprocket install files to your HD and install from there.... ill pm you a link unless you can find one closer and youll need the setup.exe and all the bin files from setup01.bin - setup07.bin. The md5 setup and sub files are to check the downloaded files but ive never used it so youll have to look up md5 and how to use it if you want to verify the files downloaded.

pm sent...