Sign in to follow this  
SB Interactive

[CAMP][CO] The Duality of Duala

I am creating a Campaign on Isla Duala. I am slowly wrapping up, but I need Beta testers because some of the missions are quite long and I simply don't have time to go over them and do every possibility that the player might do.

REQUIREMENTS:

Arma2 CO (Arma2 + Operation Arrowhead)

BAF Expansion

Isla Duala v1.95

Download: If you are interested in beta testing for me, send me a PM. I will send out the Beta missions individually instead of in Campaign form, that way the testers can focus on bugs one mission at a time. Anybody who is willing to test this for me would be a big help and much appreciated :)

I have not made coop as of now, however if people express interest in coop, I will certainly take the time to add it. You will play as Afrene, US, and UK troops fighting the Russians and Molatians. The campaign will hopefully play similair to the original operation flashpoint (or i suppose now ArmA cold war assault) campaign, with the player playing diverse roles, and it will hopefully showcase IceBreakr's wonderful work the same way the CWC and Resistance campaigns showcased BIS's work.

I will send anyone who either PMs me or posts in this thread expressing interest a copy of the beta. Should you want to test it out with your team, please at least let me know. I will probably say yes, but just remember that this is a beta for a reason. I usually play my own missions or someone elses, but don't often release my missions, so I sometimes don't make markers clear enough or forget to add taskhints etc.

This campaign is imho fun already, but it is more so when you add in your own dynamic personal objectives. For example, any time a pilot gets shot down, I attempt to rescue him. I also work my hardest to keep my whole squad alive, especially my medic.

Also, I have designed the missions in what I hope is a realistic manner. There will be no 1 vs. 100 missions or "D3ltA is l33t" so you "pwn da wrld" moments. If there are 100 molatians, there will be at least 30 Afrenes with you, and reinforcements and CAS as the battle progresses. Also, you are not expected to look under rocks to find enemies. In the first mission, once a certain undisclosed number of enemies is killed (which is still almost all of them), assuming that the odds are severly stacked against them (say 5 of them vs. 30 of you plus american reinforcements) they will run away and the mission will end. When you attack Scuds in the second mission, you will be fighting a maximum of 10 poorly trained Molatian troops at a time. russians come in groups of 5 to 10. The point is that you will never be doing something in game that you couldn't plausibly do in real life.

If you are interested in beta testing for me, it would be much appreciated. Simply post in this thread or send me a PM. thank you.

Edited by SB Interactive

It doesn't happen to be a co-op campaign does it?

Also, what faction is it?

These are factors I always look at before I play a mission or campaign :)

Sure, send it to me via PM and I'll test it out on my own and with my team?

Thanks for your efforts!

I have not made coop as of now, however if people express interest in coop, I will certainly take the time to add it. You will play as Afrene, US, and UK troops fighting the Russians and Molatians. The campaign will hopefully play similair to the original operation flashpoint (or i suppose now ArmA cold war assault) campaign, with the player playing diverse roles, and it will hopefully showcase IceBreakr's wonderful work the same way the CWC and Resistance campaigns showcased BIS's work. << I will add this to the orginal post.

@ IceBreakr. First I want to thank you for your work on this wonderful island. I am sticking to your plot that was set up in the description for your island for the basis of the campaign so thank you for the inspiration.

I will send anyone who either PMs me or posts in this thread expressing interest a copy of the beta. Should you want to test it out with your team, please at least let me know. I will probably say yes, but just remember that this is a beta for a reason. I usually play my own missions or someone elses, but don't often release my missions, so I sometimes don't make markers clear enough or forget to add taskhints etc.

This campaign is imho fun already, but it is more so when you add in your own dynamic personal objectives. For example, any time a pilot gets shot down, I attempt to rescue him. I also work my hardest to keep my whole squad alive, especially my medic.

Also, I have designed the missions in what I hope is a realistic manner. There will be no 1 vs. 100 missions or "D3ltA is l33t" so you "pwn da wrld" moments. If there are 100 molatians, there will be at least 30 Afrenes with you, and reinforcements and CAS as the battle progresses. Also, you are not expected to look under rocks to find enemies. In the first mission, once a certain undisclosed number of enemies is killed (which is still almost all of them), assuming that the odds are severly stacked against them (say 5 of them vs. 30 of you plus american reinforcements) they will run away and the mission will end. When you attack Scuds in the second mission, you will be fighting a maximum of 10 poorly trained Molatian troops at a time. russians come in groups of 5 to 10. The point is that you will never be doing something in game that you couldn't plausibly do in real life.

If you have read all the way to the end of this excruciatingly boring post, I applaud you and I thank you.

IceBreakr, I will PM you with a download link to the beta. You are free to distribute it to your team as you see fit, just please remember it is a beta. Thank you very much, both for beta testing for me, and making this wonderful mod - it is clearly so much more than an island.

MacScottie: To recap, this is singleplayer for now, will go to COOP if sufficient interest is shown, and you will play as Afrene, American, and British troops. PM me or say so in a reply in this thread if you are interested in beta testing for me. thank you.

Thank you.

Edited by SB Interactive

This sounds awesome.

I also vote for COOP.

PM me if you need Brit or French voice-over.

Looks a very interesting project, id be happy for coop, also Happy to help out with a beta test of these SP versions you mentioned as well.

Regards Jeza.

Okay. Im going to make a coop mode now. Jeza I'm sending you a copy of the beta, domukon, pm me or post another message if you want a beta. Thank you for all yalls support

Ello maties. I sent some of you PM's saying that I would have a new version of the mission ready for today, but my friends decided to surprise me before I start my second job, and I will not even be in my house untill after the 4th of July weekend at which point I will start my new job. I am rescheduling the launch of the new mission version for Saturday. It will include a respawn/revive for COOP play with up to im shooting for 10 players, as well as customizable loadout for your squad at the beginning of the mission. I am very sorry for the inconvenience for those of you who are kind enough to take the time to beta test for me, and I hope that you understand. Thank you. If you PM me or post in this forum, I can still check it from the Hotel Room/ phone.

For everyone who is helping me beta test, I have sent you a PM with the updated mission.

Changelog

- Briefing now working

- weapon selection at beginning of mission

- coop version

I will be sending a new mission next week unless major issues arise.