Sign in to follow this  
ANZACSAS Steven

Ikar's F-14 Tomcat v1.6

69740e44b5e02158bd7f340e2f52c55122c422a7638397495b86af0fd8de78cd6g.jpg

Hello everyone,

Heres an update for Ikar's F-14 Tomcat.

The update was originally only going to be a couple of cfg edits for the radar warning sytem and a few fixes but the more we fixed the more we thought we would refine it.

Heres just some of the tweaks/fixes -

Beta V1.6 18 June 2011 (ANZACSAS Steve And Konyo)

* Countermeasures added.

* Incommingmissile radar system and Sounds added.

* Afterburner script modified for better performance and sorted out bugggy efx positions visible to player in flight in burner mode..

* Rocket Trail EFX for missiles added.

* VeiwPilot Adjusted.

* AIM-9 adjusted , some cfg fixes.

* AIM-54 Adjusted, some cfg fixes.(Better setup for long range AA engagements as in RL)

* GBU-12 Fire modes.

* Sounds added for explosions.

* Sounds remixed for better coop use.

* Sound Fix for hi speed flyby on full afterburn.

* FFAR sound glitch.(Bis).Fixed.

* Adjusted close Res lod's for better visuals on the carrier.Huge thanks to Konyo. :)

* Countermeasures Memory points defined.Huge thanks to Konyo again.You da Man!! :)

* Aircraft nosing down at hi/cruise speed. Fixed.

* Adjusted gunaimdown cfg entry.

* Adjusted idle sound.

* Arrestor Hook fixed.

* USNavy Faction now used for the U.S.Navy variants.

* Racs variant now found under same faction as Pracs mod.

* Increased Armour for wheels for carrrier use.As in real life.

* Additional Cfg fixes.

* Singleplayer and Multiplayer Missions Added!!!

Also i will mention there is new Object/s in the editor.Description below.

* Maintenance Area -

* Maintenance Area Object Found under Class - Empty/Support/Maintenace Area

* Maintenance Area Object (Invisible) Found under Class - Empty/Support/Maintenace Area

* Rearms,repairs,refuels at one point.This is using the yellow border parking spot object in the editor as the base.It doesnt overwrite the original object in any way.

A huge thanks to the following ppl-

Konyo - Thanks bud,your help has been invaluable.Owe ya a few beers m8.:)

Polish GI - Your knowledge and expertise inspires me.Thanks m8.

Southy - for allowing us to continue work on this addon (and others) while he has a break. Your a top bloke m8.Thanks:)

And last but not least my brother Ron for patiently testing the addon in Mp over and over again looking for small changes errors.

Thanks pal :)

The link-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s9wrknqxxsv02a2/F14%20Tomcat%20Mod%20v1.6.7z

If anyone is looking for a server to play missions with the F-14 Addon look for -

"Blood4odin & Hull_Creature - Combined Ops - Random maps" Server.

The addon and missions should be on there within a day approx.

Have fun.

:)

This is exactly what I've always wanted for the F-14.

I've even been tried to make it by my self but it never work.

Finally, the correct fraction. Finally Countermeasures.

I love you !! (He he, but only platonic :p:p)

Now, the F-15 should be adjusted. (The correct faction and Countermeasures)

Then everything would be perfect.

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

Thanks for the effort mate, Aholic informed.

oh nice steve , go test this baby .

cya

eddyD

GREAT stuff! Only remark: could you tone down the HDR by using gray colors instead of pure white? 10% grayness makes a big difference already, now it shines like hell :)

I have been patiently waiting for this forever. So now I can celebrate :D

Thanks guys!!! These kinds of updates are so greatly appreciated.

Just to report my experience when I tried this (v 1.6) with plain old Arma 2 (no OA).

Tried with several mods loaded and got an instant CTD when I spawned an F-14. Too many mods to list! Other mods work fine together.

Then I tried it in vanilla Arma 2 with no other mods (only extended_eventhandlers in folder)... and get this when loading editor.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.CMFlareLauncher'

...and a whole bunch of other "No entry" errors in the .rpt file.

So I'm wondering if is intended to work with vanilla Arma 2?

Edited by twirly
Clarity

Requires Arrowhead for some of the features, like the flare launcher.

Cool...thanks. Will stick to the other one I have that works. Thanks again.

The Iranian variants don't show the weapons in them, as the US ones do.

CAP versions have 8 aim54s and the mavericks/gbu12 versions have two aim9s attached together in the pylons :confused:

I believe this was in the armaholic page, but i thought i'd get a better confirmation here ;)

Hey dudses,

Thanks for the bug reports.

We could have messed with things longer but due to the mounting combat losses we thought we'd get it out now and worry about the tricky stuff later.

Tbh,i was under the impression that the flares etc were arma2....I was sure of it...

Nvm.I'll have to update the first post stating it requires Arma 2 CO.

The texture tweaks are noted will see what we can do for next release.

The weapons should be sorted out for the next release as they are scripted and have been a bitch to setup arma2 style.But we will get there.

Thanks again for the feedback.

:)

does the plane have a pilot and a navigator or only a pilot? because I'm pretty sure there are atleast 2 people at the picture at page 1.

The AGM-65 Maverick behave strange. They fly off at the speed of a2a missiles like the aim-9 Sidewinder and they also do similar damage to armored vehicles like a2a weapons. I just shot 3 Mavericks at a T-72 and it didn't explode. I wasn't using ACE or anything like that.

Nice addition to the Armaverse! :)

Found just one little shadow error:

tomcatk.jpg

this is a nice plain, thanks of the update.

however some isseus are still present,

when you give command too you're co pilot too attack in air too air combat with the AIM54 it won't target although if you target first with the AIM9 and switch too AIM54 then it works.

when you are engaging AIR too ground the misile overshoots the target almost every time when you're locked on target.

as last i want too say i love the plain although the only thing that is in my eyes a little too much is the ammount of plains it should be released in 3 variated aircafts

AIR too GROUND Grey

AIR too AIR legacy

MULTIROLE Grey

and keep it at that ammount there is no need for 12 different aircrafts of the same type, also if i am correct this plain was mainly used for aircraft carriers so it was commisioned mainly as a navy aircraft? Maybe put them in that name listing.

also it might be cool too sign it if it is not too much trouble ;-) anyway i hope this might help a bit for the constuctive part.

kind regards

HUGE thanks for the massive update and SP missions :D

Just a question.... Why are you scripting your weapons instead of using the arma2 proxy handling?

Loving the plane so far. Other than the already listed stuff, the origin where the afterburner effect spawns is a few meters below the engines on one of the lighter variants. Anyway great job.

Just a question.... Why are you scripting your weapons instead of using the arma2 proxy handling?

We tryed proxying the weapons but when they were loaded some of them wouldnt show on the model. The ones that did show when they were fired the missiles would still be on the rack after. So we decided to stick with scripting for now so we could get the update out :)

Have got it planned for next update though.

We tryed proxying the weapons but when they were loaded some of them wouldnt show on the model. The ones that did show when they were fired the missiles would still be on the rack after. So we decided to stick with scripting for now so we could get the update out :)

Have got it planned for next update though.

You might have asked someone who's familiar with weapon proxies. ;)

:EDITH:

Btw, the F-14 can't take 8 AIM-54, the usual armament was 6 AIM-54, 2 AIM-7 and 2 AIM-9, filling up the 10 pylons. Besides this, the F-14 is (was) capable of carrying Paveways and JDAM's. But i'm almost sure, none of the F-14's was updated to carry A-G Missiles like a AGM-65 or a AGM-88.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;1967847']You might have asked someone who's familiar with weapon proxies. ;)

Yep, not like it was something new we were all battling with.

BTW, nice work.