Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon: Podagorsk

I can confirm the private video - pretty sure I had viewed it once way back

Yeah thanks for the new version. I've abandoned playing your campaign at the time, because I had two game breaking things happening in two missions in a raw of the first version. The chopper bug was a major bug I cheated with end mission only because the chopper always crashed into the trees and the mission after that I had some problems with some launcher and their respective ammo which I couldn't find in the ammo crates. So I waited for it to be fixed.

Thanks once again for your hard work. Enjoyed Island Thunder and also this one a lot.

cheers

Quick question! Is the the SP Campaign an ACE or Vanilla campaign? I am more than happy to play with or without ACE, I just need to know what works best with the campaign!

Hey we want to play your campain with full 9 people in coop with ACRE/ACE. We thing revive like you offer is a very good way. In your last patch note you wrote: Only medics can revive. But in your first mission there is no slot for a medic and nothing in the helicopter for our gear that can heal/rev. people. Hmm please help :D

Aha ok, so its not intended to use the ACE healing/revive system? :( So healing/revive is only accessible trough the mousewheel menu?

the weapons that are availibe in the heli are exactly defined for the mission or will something not work if i use some other ones?

yes healing only through mouse wheel - i did not use the ACE2 wounding system for this campaign.

with weapons you are kitted with the right weapons for the mission, however, there is some extra but limited gear in the chopper to provide for some customisation.

Hey, just some feedback. We tested the first ones with 8 people. Until now its quite hard, sometimes we got headshots on the move from 300m on the first shot (we didnt fire a single shot) while the AI can see very good through bushes and thick branches. Is this your intention to make it so hard that these bad equiped soldiers have 360° attention all the time and snipe with AKs like pros? ;)

well i played it with 6 guys the other nite and first go we got our asses handed to us.

second time round, we managed to get to extraction.

not easy I agree but very challenging. :) will need to bring all your skills and read the map to work out best way in and out.

End Report: We managed all missions within this pack with mostly max. players but with about ~1-6 revives on each map.

Spoiler - Warning ;)

There where some *ups and -downs:

*The story was good but with a (very) short intro on each mission with a review what already happend it would be much cooler (and of course more work). So i had to tell it everytime ;)

*Scripted actions were good placed (like in last mission the bombing run)

*Nice patrols, we could often suprise them

*good performance due to fog/visible

*nice map, good weapon equip

*clear what to do and why

*good variety of tasks

-some missions where a bit bugged (e.g. the mission with the 2 pilots, they run away and we needed 5-10 min to find them after the firefight or the docks where a men stand 40m away from us and didnt do anything)

-too accurade ai fire, the first shot they made are most time a headshot, instant down.

-too static or too active? we dont know, sometimes after the first shoot it looks like all patrols come to our position. On other positions they stood still even we killed all his friends around. Like the 2 tanks in front of the oil station we should blow up, they didnt do anything.

-different positions within the team. on 1 mission we need 2AT guys, on the other we need 3 explosive experts. I thought we are the hole time the same team? This was more work cause everytime i had to give most of my mates another task

The difficult of a mission should not come from killer accuracy, never. This was the biggest drawback in this campain. If you could change this with better working ai teamplay we are the first who would play your next campain (do you plan a new one? :P ).

Some ideas:

More of a story, could even within the mission.

Teamplay / better AI. you can use thing like that: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

Evolution of the team members?! Or get better equip AND the missions are harder?

Perhaps play on the other side a mission, a sniper mission, a runaway mission, a trap, a mission where you can capture a bigger vehicle, a crawling mission where on of the "bad" guys could call for massive support if he isnt killed first (or seconds after some others), a mission where you need to split the team and so on ;)

AI accuracy is based control via server-side settings/mods rather than on a per-mission basis. If mission makes the AI weaker and then the server makes them even weaker again, you would have some very weak AI as far as I can tell...

Besides, me and my friends always play with AI on max possible settings (skill and precision set to 1, no AI mods other than ACE, all editor skill bars on max), and as long as you play properly and don't have too many enemy AI in the mission it works just fine.

@Numrollen

Glad you enjoyed and thanx for the feedback :) Since creating that campaign I have come up with a plan for future campaigns that would give all players a feel for what each mission means plus intel and surveillance shots to set the scene. Always a few Arma bugs :)

@bboy

You can download SP version from armaholic.

I was thinking that this version on Armaholic is just Coop... Thanks by the way... :)

sp and coop on Armaholic

and not doing any Arma at the moment although i built 2 new coop missions but havent released them

Lightspeed, I've uploaded the campaign to the CiA server. By what order should the missions be played?

Um, mission 1 to mission 8 :)

I think it goes compound, swamp, farm, docks, village, castle, fuel and airport. But don't do them without me!

I've never actually played them through!!