Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon: Podagorsk

Ive downloaded the SP mission campaign and placed under campaigns, Ive downloaded Norrins scripts addon pbo and placed in my addons folder for Norrin on its own and linked it up to Armalauncher so its in the list (norrn_dbo_fastrope.pbo).

I play campaign on first insertion on mission 1 I get the error message "cannot find norrins fastrope init" (words to that effect) .. so even though I have the pbo launched correctly I cant get the mission to "see it" ... so I can play at the moment.

Can anyone let me know if there is something dumb I am doing to get this not found error even though I know the pbo is loaded via armalauncher?

I moved the pbo to its own addon folder, added and launched with that, re downloaded the SP campaign from this link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21057359/Podagorsk_Campaign.pbo

Got norrins script from here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791&highlight=FASTROPE

@norrin/addons/norrn_dbo_fastrope.pbo
Double checked mod line in armalauncher and @norrin is near top priority.

I then re loaded and re started the campaign again, and I get the same not found norrin script error on mission 1 as im about to land on insertion every time .... can anyone enlighten me? BTW I checked the addons in game menu and @norrin shows up.

I have 1.60 CO and ACE 1.13 if thats any good for info?

Edited by mrcash2009

mrcash, I'll try it out in 1.60 tonight to see if I can get it to run, have only tried the Sp campaign in 1.59

It might be me, but I have installed mods many a time, and the more I look the more I cant see anything ive done wrong, yet it still wont see the init for fastrope.

Let me know how you go, or if its ok for you, can you describe how you have the fastrope addon set in your setup just so I can make sure im not being an utter fool :)

mrcash,

I had trouble with the norrn fastrope mod in the 1st mission, while testing it in the editor. The helicopter would arrive, but no one left the helicopter. After downloading the latest version of MP Compatible Fast Rope Addon, the Ghost team were able to fast rope down the ropes. It also worked on a dedicated server. Maybe try downloading the addon again.

silent_op

OK, it worked with 1.60 no problems, this is my command line:

"-mod=E:\Spil\Arma2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@podagorsk;baf;@brg_africa_124;@ibr_plants;@norrn_dbo_fastrope"

You might check if your reinstalls has screwed up some folder structure? The full file path for my fastrope addon is e:\Spil\ArmA2\@norrn_dbo_fastrope\addons\norrn_dbo_fastrope.pbo,

with e:\Spil\ArmA2\ being my main install folder

Edited by Old_Painless

Thanks for post mate.

Well, I tried it all again with same error. So after some chin stroking I searched again in my mod folders for any duplicates (none found previous) .. in my wisdom I searched "norrin" originally, so I tried "fastrope" ... low and behold an older version was sat in a miscellaneous add-ons folder that was still linked via armalauncher ... a large self induced face palm is needed.

Funny thing is I got that sorted and error has gone, but the fast rope script took about 20 seconds to execute while hovering, then each one of us on the rope ... moved ... in ..... small ..... movements ..... down ... the ..... rope ... inching ... away ..... it took me 15 seconds to reach the ground and the same for entire team, only for 2 member incl medic to never dismount and the heli hovering with extended rope to never go away ... it was a funny moment though.

I did a retry of the entire mission, and second time lucky and it ran smooth as silk :)

Right .... now onto playing it. Sorry for filling this thread up with my stupidity on keyword searching ... dear me.

I have changed the insertions for fastrope for sp and will upload campaign later todAy.

very very nice campaign. I really enjoy it

BUT on Black Needle, GRPod5_SP_Village_V0.2 during the ingress the helicopter crashes everytime in a higher tree 15 seconds after the start.

I tried with OA or Arma2 with or without my mods no joy !

Please help .... that's frustrating....

thanks

Djol

Have you tried chopping down tree?

LOL :)

- or steal a tank & smash it flat...

@djol: have you tried using Victor Farbau's VFTCAS mod? - reduces helo crashes quite significantly. Searching the forums will get you the thread, searching Armaholic will get you the addon.

BR

Orcinus

Have you tried chopping down tree?

that's exactly what I was trying....:)

I'll wait for the fix, thanks.

Djol

Lightspeed,

We're having some trouble with the Docks mission. We're playing it on our dedicated server with ACE2. The Power Grid can't seem to be destroyed, the mission doesn't give us the objective complete. We placed 4 satchels within the power grid area. Is there a specific place for the satchel placement?

-The Cranes were destroyed after placing a satchel on each (next to the drums).

-The bridge was destroyed after placing 6 satchels, 3 underneath each end of the bridge.

By the way, all 8 missions are now running on our server. We're in the process of play testing.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op.pxs

The fast rope works. Let me know when you drop the updated fast rope addon in. I'll put it in the missions on our server.

silent_op

Lightspeed, excellent campaign!! Me and my friends used to play in the GR days, and this is really cool. We have run into a MP issue though. I host the game, but when someone dies, they try to respawn into one of the other AI, and it immediately kills them, so they can never respawn. That makes it difficult, because if someone dies, they have to sit out for the rest of the mission, or we restart the mission.

Other than that, awesome campaign so far!!!!

very very nice campaign. I really enjoy it

BUT on Black Needle, GRPod5_SP_Village_V0.2 during the ingress the helicopter crashes everytime in a higher tree 15 seconds after the start.

I tried with OA or Arma2 with or without my mods no joy !

Please help .... that's frustrating....

thanks

Djol

I've encountered the exactly same issue as Djol on this mission. Doesn't matter if I run with or with ArmA 2 beta or even if I run with VFCTAS mod, it still crashes into the same high tree, 15 secs after the mission starts. Otherwise missions 1-4 seem really interesting to play. Thanks Lighty.

I've encountered the exactly same issue as Djol on this mission. Doesn't matter if I run with or with ArmA 2 beta or even if I run with VFCTAS mod, it still crashes into the same high tree, 15 secs after the mission starts. Otherwise missions 1-4 seem really interesting to play. Thanks Lighty.

I was going to report the same thing! What we had to do was eject from the helo, and those of us who survived had a long walk to the objective. I wish you could respawn into the live AI!!!!

Same here . . . chopper crash in mission 06 Black Needle.

07 The Castle

i'm supposed to get me an AA launcher. But in the weapon crates there is no stinger and no weapon selection in the briefing. The missiles are there in the crates but the launcher is missing. Did I miss something apart from the launcher? :rolleyes:

Edited by nettrucker

Could someone assist me with getting a working download link to the SP campaign version?

It would be greatly appreciated, and THANK YOU in advance!

Could someone assist me with getting a working download link to the SP campaign version?

It would be greatly appreciated, and THANK YOU in advance!

At armaholic.com, you can get it in this page:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15717