Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon: Podagorsk

I know your a busy man, but if you ever got the time to drop a teaser mission (the farm ... hint hint :) ) Would be good to fill the void until your back on it to complete.

But as you say, Island Thunder is the one for that I suppose.

very depressed to tell you all - that I had to reformat my PC and I could have sworn that I kept all my mission files but cannot for the life of me find them...have checked everywhere.

i have managed to dig up via email from beta tests that i had sent out - Outpost, Farm, Docks, Castle, Swamp and one other but cannot locate the others...faaaaaaark.

i will get over my depression and make sure to get out final versions of these in the next couple of weeks + update Island Thunder so the missions work flawlessly (if thats possible in Arma2).

apologies.

The FLASH DISK! You saved it all to that flash disk you keep someplace safe, remember?

I remember you doing that. Yeah, that flash disk you use for back ups. It's there, inside waiting for papa.

by the way - got some very interesting news.

a coder (will remain nameless for now) has developed a script whereby you can team switch in MP - sounds good.

anyways, i will work to get something out - life goes on.

i had done so much work on about 3 other missions - spewing that I lost them - but I guess main thing is the ideas I got from those are not lost and will find there way into other missions.

Feel for ya lightspeed. Your missions have been fantastic. I have no doubt that this setback will allow you to make an even more spectacular gaming experience for those lucky enough to find your missions.

And about important files. Your not alone! :o

gr8 news!! i have found all bar one of them - but that one was still in early development so not much lost there at all.

Hip Hip Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

put a good couple of hours into village today - it's ready to go really - just testing it a few times to make sure it flows well and is a worthy remake of the original.

then heading back to fine tune some of the other maps that have already been beta tested.

then i think i will release the 6 that are ready and aim to add a couple more later.

Nice to hear you didn't loose much.

Cannot wait to get my grubby mits on these beauties.

EDIT: Just realise what I posted and it sounds wrong.

Edited by mrcash2009
Wrong ...

Outpost got an update - another hour or so of work - the AO was a bit too big before (too much hiking to objectives) so I have cut about 500 meters off it.

And update to Swamp which is also ready now.

on reflection, time away has actually made me come back and realise some improvements I can make to the missions so all good really.

Three more to update then I will pack and release the first 6 missions.

Farm is now ready to go.

5th mission - docks is ready.

This weekend I wrap up 6 and release first part of campaign.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

the 7th mission is complete - this was not one of the originals but certainly in the vein of a GR mission and a great challenge.

one to go and then release of vanilla Arma2 MP followed by SP campaign.

then i have someone who will likely convert to ACE2 version with ACE2 medic and kits.

8th mission is effectively complete - so I will do a review of all missions over the next week and a half then pack up and release v.1.0 for 9 player MP COOP followed by SP a few days later.

Hello Lightspeed_man :)

I have to say me and my team we currently experiencing the Island Thunder missions (with ACE of course-promo- lol )-and due to minimal to none problems with the missions setup/we are eager to see the new version in the new island/environment .

I must underline 1-2 points as constructive suggestions.

1) Please use "Ghillie" units as sniper/spotter instead of "regular" units.

Even in "Vanilla" ArmA they have lower probability of being spotted from enemy A.I in their config . ;)

2) Take bit more time to build your "loadout" sqf for the team.

I m sure you can use more appropriate loadout for each unit's "specialization" and its backpack

;)

Lookin' forward for the campaign :)

1) Please use "Ghillie" units as sniper/spotter instead of "regular" units.

Even in "Vanilla" ArmA they have lower probability of being spotted from enemy A.I in their config .

Even more so with 1.60 patch when its released.

i will take note of the Ghillie suit and get it into this for you.

This weekend release for MP coop - at least 6 of the 9 missions in total to go 'live'!

Fine tuning the last 3 - for release by next weekend.

Your work is again.....AMAZING!

However, I do hate Loserville! :D

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Had a great time with 3 of us playing a couple missions last night.

We were unable to try Outpost, Village and Swamp. That was our problem as we didn't get Fastrope yet. I'll be posting that for our guys shortly. ;)

When trying Airport, I did have a deleted ibr_plants error keeping me from starting the game. I don't think that is on my end, but then again.....:o

All other missions seem to work great, although we just played Fuel and Docks. Let me tell ya, with 3 of us we had to play a bit different than what our run and gun group is used to doing. Hmmmm, brings me back to hating Loserville again.

Thanks again for your time and effort you put into these missions. I take your files and learn as much as I can while I try to piece together a mediocre mission for BAR guys. Can't wait for final release.

SVO

lol loserville (for those of you who dont know, the default is 1 life with i think about 8 revives for the whole team) once the revives are used you will end up about 5km from the action. i think if you JIP you suffer the same fete. and i think if you are not revived within about 2 maybe 3 min you will die too and end up in loserville.

try to preserve life....play the way its meant to be played. no respawns.

When trying Airport, I did have a deleted ibr_plants error keeping me from starting the game. I don't think that is on my end, but then again

strange bcoz there is nothing added to this mission but could be in the addons list in the mission - i will check it out.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

lol,

Well, we don't exactly run and gun, but when we play till 2 or 3 in the morning, sitting and waiting is not an option. We try to keep everyone busy or several people will "again" have squares from the keyboard imprinted on their foreheads in the morning.

Everything worked like a charm today. Even played the Swamp by myself. I did quite well, but met my maker before I completed it. Sneaky son-of-a-guns.

Great Job.

Lightspeed, you're back!!! :yay:

Are these new Ghost Recon missions MP COOP, if so I'm going to download the missions and start adding the Phoenix Soldiers ACE2 Kits for you. I'll start working on them this weekend.

Thank you for more of what I'm sure will be more outstanding Ghost Recon missions.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op.pxs

Hi Lightspeed, massive thanks for getting this done and SP side, will be trying this out soon enough.