Sign in to follow this  
sander

CWR2 coop pack

WOW, 20 new missions in update. Big thanks Sander, you are my favorite mission maker, you made so many great missions in all of your packs. Thx again. :D

Hey Sander,

we had an issue with the mission "Repellant Behavior", after we went back to Montinac, the chopper and plane supposedly dropped paratroopers, but there was only a single guy and once we shot him the mission ended.

I should mention we are using addons, but I don't think that any of those could have such an effect.

Anyway, great mission :)

Thanks for your feedback.

The Hip should drop off two squads of 7 Spetsnaz each to the south of Montignac, the Colt should drop off 3 groups of 5 regular soldiers each. It is possible that friendly AI took care of some enemies. The squad that is dropped off by the truck evacuating Meaux often does pretty well eliminating the enemy coming in from the south. Paratroopers exit the aircraft at sufficient height, so no injuries are sustained in the drop.

Use of addons can influence missions, so please report issues occurring with a clean CWR2 Beta R6 install. I do not vouch for any other addons.

Regards,

Sander

Use of addons can influence missions, so please report issues occurring with a clean CWR2 Beta R6 install. I do not vouch for any other addons.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I had some issues with my missions being messed up by addons as well (AI mods in particular). I'll retry it alone if I get the time, normally at CiA we play with a bunch of addons.

What we did after returning to Montignac was to not wait at the town but rather move southwards for half a klick in order to meet the attackers head on. That's when we saw the plane overhead. About a minute later we found the single guy and shot him, then tried to move back to Montignac but the mission ended at this point. I always run a debugging tool in the background, so I immediately checked and there were no enemy units left on the map. I don't think that there was enough time between the arrival of the plane and the end of the mission for the defenders to gun them all down.

Thanks for the feedback.

The exact same mission happened to be played by me on a clean CWR2 dedicated server yesterday and there I could witness both drops. The AI support in the second part of the mission was more than adequate. Such occasions tend to be rare in my missions, so it is best to savour the times where the friendly forces actually solve part of your problems.

Regards,

Sander

Strange mission behaviour is nothing new when using AI enhancements. I've experienced lots of problems with such (on Linux server). Guess AI "got confused".

With Sanders missions there are generally (read for sure) no need for smarter AIs. They are well balanced, and according to Sander, fully possible to complete :(

A "workaround for broken missions" is tuning server settings.

Lower accuracy will give you lots of fun fire-fights :)

Well, we have been playing Sander's missions for ages using ASR AI and TPWCAS, and so far this has been the second mission we had any trouble with (after playing more than a hundred sander's, if not more). Therefore, I'd say it's worth it. In the vanilla game you can't suppress the AI and this is something I personally cannot accept since suppression is the key for most infantry tactics.

I thought the accuracy parameter has no effect?

Strange mission behaviour is nothing new when using AI enhancements.

It rarely is as easy as saying "AI mods break missions", since missions rarely ever rely on very specific patterns. In this case, however, the enemies were simply missing.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on it, it's not reproducible and might have cause by cosmic rays.

Actually, they can. Some cause the initialisation period to be extended to such an extent that missions fail to initialise properly because of all the non integral scripting being processed at the expense of the init statements in the mission file itself. They can cause such a delay that missions that feature an imminent attack on the player group have the players slaughtered well before initialisation has finished and players actually get into the mission.

It has been observed how various AI mods also cause AI to behave very differently when they are to move over large distances. Units that in vanilla A2/OA would be proceeding flawlessly become hopelessly confused and fail to cover any ground at all. Especially vehicles with long distance waypoints can gain inordinate amounts of delay with AI mods activated, deciding to halt and recalculate routes repeatedly instead of deciding on the route and then sticking to it.

For these reasons no other addons except for CWR2 are supported.

Regards,

Sander

Actually, they can.

That's why I said "rarely" as opposed to "never".

Given how much these mods enhance the experience, I am more than willing to take the risk.

Version 4.1 of the coop pack contains 17 new missions to bring the total of included coops up to 142. Please note that the newly released Saint David and Eilte terrains (Armaholic) are needed for many of the additions.

New files":

co04_cwr2_degrade_crossing.cwr2_david.pbo

co05_cwr2_touch_base.cwr2_david.pbo

co06_cwr2_alternative_denial.noe.pbo

co06_cwr2_current_resistance.adam.pbo

co06_cwr2_level_crossing.cwr2_eilte.pbo

co06_cwr2_misguided_missiles.cwr2_david.pbo

co06_cwr2_stop_dead.cwr2_david.pbo

co06_cwr2_trade_secret.cwr2_david.pbo

co08_cwr2_fal_prey.cwr2_david.pbo

co08_cwr2_para_gone.cwr2_eilte.pbo

co09_cwr2_brad_october.cain.pbo

co09_cwr2_bushmaster_stroke.cwr2_eilte.pbo

co09_cwr2_hedge_creeper.adam.pbo

co09_cwr2_mech_daddy.cwr2_david.pbo

co09_cwr2_star_track.eden.pbo

co10_cwr2_a_bridged_edition.cwr2_eilte.pbo

co10_cwr2_dushman_friday.cwr2_david.pbo

A short summary of the missions is provided in the readme.txt file, which is included in full in the first post of the thread.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Very nice Xmas gift. :) Thanks Sander for missions, and Jakerod (for new islands).

You're welcome.

---

Version 4.2 contains a couple of updated missions to correct minor issues as well as three new coops to bring the total to 145.

New files:

co04_cwr2_dragon_beam.drachenfels.pbo

co08_cwr2_bear_claw.cwr2_eilte.pbo

co09_cwr2_sudden_yank.cwr2_david.pbo

Dragon Beam features a raid by a commando team against a Soviet radar installation on Drachenfels.

Bear Claw has a Spetsnaz team ambush combat engineers before raiding a command post and securing a bridge.

Sudden Yank features a Ranger squad rescuing a prisoner before destroying a bridge and eliminating a traitor.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

You're welcome.

---

Version 4.2 contains a couple of updated missions to correct minor issues as well as three new coops to bring the total to 145.

New files:

Dragon Beam features a raid by a commando team against a Soviet radar installation on Drachenfels.

Bear Claw has a Spetsnaz team ambush combat engineers before raiding a command post and securing a bridge.

Sudden Yank features a Ranger squad rescuing a prisoner before destroying a bridge and eliminating a traitor.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Sander, is there any chance you can port these missions into Arma3, now there is a map pack available?

There is a zero chance of these missions being ported into Arma 3. From the CWR2 readme:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read this:

You are NOT allowed to port this Mod (or parts of it) to Arma 3!

We do not make exceptions, so don't even bother to ask!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides I cannot be bothered with a Steam only game. There will be additions and updates to this pack for some time for Arma II though.

Regards,

Sander

New files:

Thanks Sander! CiA CWR2 coop server updated.

Thanks, fixed it and uploaded it.

Regards,

Sander

I'm getting this error message: deleted.CWR2_eilte coming when i want to load a mission. Have i lost something?

Are you sure you have both new terrains installed from the CWR2 Christmas release? A range of missions in the latest updates use the new environments of Eilte and Saint David.

Regards,

Sander

Hi Sander, i didn't download last update so i dont have the last 20 missions, so maybe this what i write is wrong but... So far when i played your missions as Resistance-FIA i was fighting against Soviets. In mod there are also nice resistance fighters for East and West. Maybe in future you could make some more missions for "bad guys". Pro Soviet partisans fighthing against British/US soldiers.