Sign in to follow this  
cja100

Any anti team kill dedi script/mod?

hey all,

Just wondering if there are any server side mod/script that automaticly deal with team killers after so many TK's. Any suggestions?

There is a script you can add to a mission that will auto kick team killers. Domination has is as well as some other missions. The search button can bring up what you need. Also on Armaholic you can find the script.

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

teach em not to do TK´s Kicking "new Player´s" is not the solution give em the Time....

There is a script you can add to a mission that will auto kick team killers. Domination has is as well as some other missions. The search button can bring up what you need. Also on Armaholic you can find the script.

admin commands don't work via scripting anymore.

admin commands don't work via scripting anymore.

Just tested it. It works fine in Domination. Auto kicks for team kills, shooting on base and placing sachles on base.

Just tested it. It works fine in Domination. Auto kicks for team kills, shooting on base and placing sachles on base.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/serverCommand

It was in the patch notes that it was disabled in 1.59

and a comment on the wiki page confirms it. I used to have an anti-teamswap script in warfare and since serverCommand was disabled, it stopped working.

and a comment on the wiki page confirms it. I used to have an anti-teamswap script in warfare and since serverCommand was disabled, it stopped working.

We can keep going back and forth but it still works for the Domination I moded. But then again lots of ppl report stuff that happens to them but does not affect me.

Just tested again with a few friends and still works.:p

hey all,

Just wondering if there are any server side mod/script that automaticly deal with team killers after so many TK's. Any suggestions?

AAS missions I've played had scripts that prevent bullets, grenades and such from hitting targets.

It prevents people from shooting killing anyone in X-Ray

I dont know about OA, but it most definetly still work in Arma 2 1.10. I was on a server yesterday that enforced kick upon firing at base/placing satchels and it was ALOT less teamkilling overall. Hey it was actually playable!

AnS has a damage mirroring system for friendly kills.

And bases are protected by invisible bullet/any damage blocking objects.

I dont know about OA, but it most definetly still work in Arma 2 1.10. I was on a server yesterday that enforced kick upon firing at base/placing satchels and it was ALOT less teamkilling overall. Hey it was actually playable!

If the base is under attack does it still kick players for shooting at base in domination? I know this was a problem in the past.

If the base is under attack does it still kick players for shooting at base in domination? I know this was a problem in the past.

TBH I have no idea, but avoiding that is a simple matter of an if. So I'm guessing whoever wrote the script thought of that.

As for Doomi - kick for shooting base works - kick for placing c4 in base works - but kick for xx amount of tk cant get that to work. And as i see it it wont work due to the stupid way those things work in arma. You know the thing that if a chopper with 8pax getting shot down gives the pilot 8 teamkills. A gunner teamkilling from a m1a gives the driver tk's, etc etc.

Dorph;1969139']You know the thing that if a chopper with 8pax getting shot down gives the pilot 8 teamkills. A gunner teamkilling from a m1a gives the driver tk's' date=' etc etc.[/quote']

Right, that's a major issue since ArmA 1 which makes it impossible to create a good anti teamkill system (for example with a forgive system and whatnot). Plus too many other situations where friendly kills pop up which aren't friendly kills.

Another problem is that if some other player drives over you with a vehicle and kills you, the engine doesn't give you a hint who it was or what happened.

Everything that is available is just an attempt to deal with the limitations of the engine, sadly.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

@[HUD]Dorph: Shouldn't be a problem excluding at least drivers.

How about checking vehicle killed == vehicle killer then don't add TK point?

Could just move them off the map if they shoot in base, that would piss them off a bit ^^

Hi all

Not really a game problem just down to mission makers and server Admins to turn it on.

Order your MP server browser by Players rather than Ping that will ensure most popular servers are at the top these tend to be ones where the server admin has the sense to use missions with the anti TK functions running rather than turned off.

I suggest you try the DAO servers they run Valhalla and Berzerk with the anti TK and Spawn protection functions turned on in base and TK Monitoring via Log files turned on. They also have human admins to monitor it all.

As to the Myth, stated by GossamerSolid, that this command has been removed in a Patch I refer you to this talk page on the Wiki http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Talk:serverCommand and to the patch notes http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A2OA:_Patch_v1.59 which clearly state that the only change to this command is one that prevents none admins from using it.

I will add this to the Mythbusted list.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

GossamerSolid is absoltely right. serverCommand still exists but that's it. All it's functionality is disabled because hackers were able to even kick or ban logged in admins.

Xeno

Hi Xeno

Several server admins in this thread have pointed out it is working:

I am guessing here, but an explanation for some peoples scripts not working; is because they are not being run on the server as admin.

And of course once again I redirect you to the A2OA: Patch v1.59 Wiki Log and ask you to point out where in it that there is support for your statment.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A2OA:_Patch_v1.59

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

It doesn't work anymore (just tested it again a few seconds ago).

What those admins see is some kind of workaround where players are dropped to the server lobby with the endMission "loser" command (they are not kicked from the server).

The command was already disabled in one of the beta patches prior 1.59.

Xeno

Hi Xeno

Is the script you are using being run on server as admin or on a client?

I refer you to the A2OA:_Patch_v1.59 change log:

it states:

Fixed: Possible ServerCommand abuse by non-admin attackers.

Once again I point out several other admins in this thread are stating they are having no problem running anti TK functions.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Anti TK funciton does not necessarily mean kick or other serverCommand(s).

Hi Xeno

Is the script you are using being run on server as admin or on a client?

I refer you to the A2OA:_Patch_v1.59 change log:

it states:

Once again I point out several other admins in this thread are stating they are having no problem running anti TK functions.

Kind Regards walker

The only time I had actually used serverCommand was purely server-side and it stopped working after 1.59, so regardless of what people say. Running it on the server, doesn't work (server should always have rights to do so).

The only time I had actually used serverCommand was purely server-side and it stopped working after 1.59

We can write the whole day long that it is disabled yet people won't believe it.

It doesn't matter if the command is executed on a client or on the server. Its functionality is gone (normally you run it on the server because the server had always the right to execute a servercommand).

Hackers were even able with little to no effort to GUI ban other players via battleye (beside the normal arma kick and exec ban). Which I guess was the main reason to disable it.

Xeno