Sign in to follow this  
Mobious

Throttle

Right now, we're looking at better semantics, changes to defaults layouts, and evaluating ways to better empower the player to be able to adjust sensitivities.

are there plans to make a deathzone optional and separate this option from sensitivity curves?

regards, JH

Unfortunately, as with many things in RV, it's not a simple case of renaming a string or two. ;)

:j: Well I hope you guys are learning to practice better code maintainability for the future. :p

thanks for the solution for Arma2. In toh this problem is solved if you configure both: gas (analog) and brake (analog) AND set sensitivity to 75%. Then you have full range of analog throttle.

thanks for the solution for Arma2. In toh this problem is solved if you configure both: gas (analog) and brake (analog) AND set sensitivity to 75%. Then you have full range of analog throttle.

Are you referring to joystick, kb/mouse, or both?

joystick + throttle only :)

Thanks.

I'm so happy they fixed analog throttles! I'm using a X52 Pro with pedals and it worked great right out of the box. (set analog thrust/brake to back/forward on the throttle)

Is this going to be rolled into Arma 2 soon to fix analog throttles for helicopters?

Is there any way to visually show throttle % in Arma 2 CO? I'm trying to play with my sensitivity to find the sweetspot (allow full throttle range) in arma 2 and think it would be easier if I could see what value the game itself is reading. Did the code recently change? Analogue throttle seems to be working better than it has in the past.

Is there any way to visually show throttle % in Arma 2 CO? I'm trying to play with my sensitivity to find the sweetspot (allow full throttle range) in arma 2 and think it would be easier if I could see what value the game itself is reading. Did the code recently change? Analogue throttle seems to be working better than it has in the past.

Don't start the engine and watch the actual rotor pitch itself (what the throttle settings are controlling), better done in third person view to see.

They may have tweaked the pitch a little recently as it now looks a lot smoother to watch while you alter it.

I will check the scripting to see if there is a pitch related address, if there is it can easily be displayed.

EDIT: No point wasting my time. If you switch on the hud with CTRL & H the throttle input (pitch) from your joystick is on a scaled bar on the G meter dial, you will see that the central position has a slight deadband to it also.

Edited by Liquidpinky

EDIT: No point wasting my time. If you switch on the hud with CTRL & H the throttle input (pitch) from your joystick is on a scaled bar on the G meter dial, you will see that the central position has a slight deadband to it also.

Yeah I saw it in TKOH. You can also close the ctrl+h HUD and see an analog bar on the top left indicating throttle position. I'm trying to get something similar (or even a numerical value) in Arma 2 in an attempt to verify that I have the same full range of control that I do in TKOH.

Yeah I saw it in TKOH. You can also close the ctrl+h HUD and see an analog bar on the top left indicating throttle position. I'm trying to get something similar (or even a numerical value) in Arma 2 in an attempt to verify that I have the same full range of control that I do in TKOH.

You do, my hover markings on my throttle are pretty much dead on in both ToH and A2, although they work differently in each game.

Just use an A2 heli to try it out in ToH as they don't have their flight model altered.