stk2008

Would you like ToH features in ARMA2+OA

ToH flight model and render to texture in ARMA2+OA  

191 members have voted

1. 1. ToH flight model and render to texture in ARMA2+OA

• Yes I want this
    • No leave it alone

Bit like asking the obvious isn't it.

Well my answer is no, don't realy care for the RTT and flight model to be included in A2:CO. Its only purpose would be to enhance objects and weapons BIS wants for A3 and TOH, and opening up to modders only expands the inconsistancy between vanila A2 stuff and what is now possible.

However the graphical options re- view, object, and shadow distance would be very cool.

The flight model is fine, even I can fly it with the auto trim set to on. It is pretty much identical to OA except you can properly do rolls and fly upside down etc.

Have you even tried the Take On preview I wonder?

The graphics options would great if ported to OA along with the RTT.

Ofcourse, while we are at it i would also like a tree that grows money and a few mountains of gold.

true, but TOH is expected to be released this year and carrier command is running parallel in the development pipeline. Unless they are willing to share the same engine improvement for TOH on A2+OA engine, else it wont be profitable from business standpoint. A mini DLC perhaps then? to earn bit of extra revenue for the company while full steam ahead on the 3 major products announced?

They don't have to give anything from TOH to A2/OA and still be profitable. I don't know what makes you think otherwise. Remember ArmA3 will have much of what TOH has cosmetically in common, and possibly more, and they can just as well wait till then to include any features from TOH in ArmA3 rather than shoehorn them into Combined Ops right now.

I honestly don't expect them to include the FM at all in ArmA2. I do however believe that they could include some of the other features, like I mentioned earlier RTT, though they may be too much work (having to go through and add textures to all vehicles and possibly weapons depending on implementation). But things like the Object Draw Distance, Shadow Draw Distance, oh god yes, gimme gimme gimee.

Is anyone else using the TKOH Preview as their new ArmA 2 executable?

Pretty much, unless I am playing MP. :D

They don't have to give anything from TOH to A2/OA and still be profitable. I don't know what makes you think otherwise. Remember ArmA3 will have much of what TOH has cosmetically in common, and possibly more, and they can just as well wait till then to include any features from TOH in ArmA3 rather than shoehorn them into Combined Ops right now.

I honestly don't expect them to include the FM at all in ArmA2. I do however believe that they could include some of the other features, like I mentioned earlier RTT, though they may be too much work (having to go through and add textures to all vehicles and possibly weapons depending on implementation). But things like the Object Draw Distance, Shadow Draw Distance, oh god yes, gimme gimme gimee.

Reason i think so is that if the features on TOH are to be implemented in A3 then it makes more sense as A3 is yet to be released and can be sell on full price, as i assume that every new iteration of arma game series is released based on new features in engine or graphics (of course there are other things such as storyline as well) but if those features like FM or RTT would to be implemented backward to A2+OA, business and marketing wise i doubt it will make any spike in number of sales at the cost of more man hours and effort put into it. Well I am just assuming here as I am no business/market analyst.

I agrees to what you said on object draw distance,shadow draw distance might be more feasible to put into A2+OA than FM. And praying hard that BIS can implement it :) plz...

Have you even tried the Take On preview I wonder?.

Yes and I enjoyed it very much, but the new flight model still seems particular to the TOH chopper only, so I dont see why BIS should go to the trouble of including functionality that only benifits modders and the hand full that play with it. As A2 content isn't affected and they have A3 in the works, they have should have enough to do. And personaly I'd prefer the consistancy of not having the added functionality over the piecemeal approach. It's bad enough already in AO:CO.

Yes and I enjoyed it very much, but the new flight model still seems particular to the TOH chopper only, so I dont see why BIS should go to the trouble of including functionality that only benifits modders and the hand full that play with it. As A2 content isn't affected and they have A3 in the works, they have should have enough to do. And personaly I'd prefer the consistancy of not having the added functionality over the piecemeal approach. It's bad enough already in AO:CO.

I would like some of the flight physics to come to A2/OA, especially ground effect.

But like you say, they have enough on their plate already.

Ofcourse, while we are at it i would also like a tree that grows money and a few mountains of gold.

And don't forget to port it all onto a combination of CryEngine & Outerra.

Was checking out the arma2OA config file and found this line : "preferredObjectViewDistance". I know it's meant for TKOH engine but can't help wonder whether it will make any difference on OA engine if it would to be configured.

Edit: apparently does nothing on OA engine...

Edited by Muahaha

Voted "No leave it alone". Sounds like a waste of time that should have been spent on Arma3 instead. Do I want RTT? Sure, but not at the cost of ignoring all the remaining bugs.

Well I`m happy if I get the adjustable "Objects Viewdistance"

Well I`m happy if I get the adjustable "Objects Viewdistance"

Just use the Take On preview and set the draw distance to your normal level, then set the object draw to match it.

It carries over into AO if you have used the same player profile for both Take On and AO. ;)

They just need to add the functional slider into the AO graphics interface.

Just use the Take On preview and set the draw distance to your normal level, then set the object draw to match it.

It carries over into AO if you have used the same player profile for both Take On and AO. ;)

They just need to add the functional slider into the AO graphics interface.

you sure bout it? I've tested but seems to be the same, infact after you use TOH you will have a entry named preferredObjectViewDistance.

Certainly.

If you'll add optional advanced chopper physics, render to texture (which is already in OA through TOH exe) and object draw distance switch to OA I will be a very happy panda.

I like choppers, but I don't fly them in ArmA because they aren't interesting to fly here (even though choppers behave much better than in BF f.e.)

There is nothing to lose and everything to gain by integrating the flight model, RTT and other features into A2/OA. It will breathe some extra life into A2 and OA during the wait for A3.

If nothing more than to give mod creators more toys to play with.

There is nothing to lose and everything to gain by integrating the flight model, RTT and other features into A2/OA. It will breathe some extra life into A2 and OA during the wait for A3.

exactly my thought :)

The advanced flight physics model will also bring in some more sales.

I'm pretty sure in threads discussing ArmA on other forums you've noticed people bitching about how choppers behave unrealistically. It will only be better for BIS and series if they will try to grab some flight-sim market share for ArmA games before ArmA3.

I like choppers, but I don't fly them in ArmA because they aren't interesting to fly here (even though choppers behave much better than in BF f.e.)

Thats pretty much how I feel as well. The fact that equipment will have a learning curve makes it more attractive and makes me want to take the time to master as well as appreciate those that develop a strong skillset in that area.

Shouldn't be forced on players, but the option to have it would be great.

Yep that's my point to.

The more realistic some thing is to master it makes it so so more rewarding for example when you do kill another player at 1.5miles with a sniper rifle (with ACE mod) due to wind etc.

I love this game and do so because its a SIM so if we get a realistic flight model damn it will be so cool.

I for one cant wait I really would love the flight model of falcon 4.0 and take on helicopters :)/the solder realism of VBS2/and the equivalent tank sim (dont play em so cant say).

Thanks

BIS, please make more "sim" to all kind of vehicles - land, air and sea. Don't pick only one "theme" and leave all the others at easy-peasy level. :)

Ideas for vehicle/tank features you can find in "SteelBeasts" or "T-72 Balkan on Fire". Give players something to do, something to learn and be proud/happy of. ;)

I always welcome more realism, so yeah I'm all for it. :)

All the tweaking for draw distance "view, object, vehicle, aircraft, shadow" would be more than welcome as well. Please. :)

Edited by dunedain

No matter how the votes go, everyone wants this. No one thinks to themselves, "You know what? I 'dont' want any more features in this game.".

If these are already pretty feature complete enhancements, please please consider testing them in the next beta patches after 1.60 is finished.

Give modders RTT, and there will be some huge improvements.