Sign in to follow this  
stk2008

Would you like ToH features in ARMA2+OA

ToH flight model and render to texture in ARMA2+OA  

191 members have voted

1. 1. ToH flight model and render to texture in ARMA2+OA

• Yes I want this
    • No leave it alone

Hi all after testing out the new ToH public test in OA I am hooked and can not stop thinking of the new features.

New flight model

Render to texture

What I want to know is would you ARMA2+OA fans want a more realistic flight model to be implemented to the choppers and planes of ARMA2+OA and the new render to texture added all so?.

So please vote accordingly :)

i mean do you really think someone would say no to RtT in arma 2? ;)

ohhh and voting without a poll is kind of hard to survey ;)

There is a poll well should be? unless it takes time to come live?.

Everyone wants it but as I said in the other thread, it's most likely not going to happen.

Hey Zipper5 I know ya did I just cant let it drop and any way at least this will show BIS that us ARMA fans play ARMA for its realism and the more realism they add the better :).

Any who keep up the great work BIS.... ;) ;)

No BI better focus on ToH and a3.

I say yes but I think toh should be the game that brings the features into arma! So if you have toh you have the features, if not so you have the stock arcade coppers - that would be fair.

I love flying helicopters in the ArmA series and more features are welcome.

But those features should be for A3 an ToH.

BIS should take the time and finally bring a PERFORMANCE patch for ArmA2/OA, I'm so sick of low fps in this game series, esp. when flying with high viewdistances.

So, my answer is: no.

MfG Lee ;)

I agree we NEED more optimizing in general big time.

Well, wouldnt include the hanlding of the choppers, because this feature is still way to WIP. Dont get me wrong, its a big step into the right direction, but would probably make a lot of guys angry :rolleyes:.

But with the RtT, it would be nice just to include the possibility of having those in 3rd party mods. BIS should waste their time in reworking all those aircrafts, but with the future release of all Arma2 and OA MLOD's (as said in a BIS news), all stock aircrafts could be modiefied by the community.

Well, but thats just my opinion. :D

Hey yeah even if they allowed the mod community (I am looking at you ACE team hehehehe) to mod the new features in that would be cool.

EDIT

Did not realise this was all ready being voted for ARMA3

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120549

Edited by stk2008

I beg the "objects view distance" could be added into next update patch. I tryied the TOH preview, and astonished at 20KM distance view, WOW, quite different experience like before.

I beg the "objects view distance" could be added into next update patch. I tryied the TOH preview, and astonished at 20KM distance view, WOW, quite different experience like before.

^this

I would welcome the adjustable object viewdistance

Finally some nice Air and Tankcombat with realistic engagement ranges!

Well as I recall previously when OA was about to launch, it was mentioned that object view distance might be implemented

Is there a separate a separate slider for vehicle draw distance as seen in JCOVE Lite?

Not yet. But we plan to add it soon.

As per mentioned in the Q&A section.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ask_Bohemia_about_A2OA_-_Answers

I hope it will still come to pass. finger crossed.... :j:

No, and I really wish people would stop making polls that serve little purpose (as if the results could have any impact on what will happen)...

yes, for RTT

yes, for the new shadows, render, disntance, performance, whatever

no, for flight model

RTT and flight model implementation might be bad for business especially when A2+OA is bout end of life and A3 announced. View distance might still have a slight chance getting into the A2+OA engine, but of course since BIS has the community close to it's heart, anything might happen.

RTT and flight model implementation might be bad for business especially when A2+OA is bout end of life and A3 announced. View distance might still have a slight chance getting into the A2+OA engine, but of course since BIS has the community close to it's heart, anything might happen.

It has a good year to go before A3 is released, unless things go really, REALLY well for BIS and it's released earlier than expected. So why not make the most of it?

EDIT: Though for ArmA2 i could live without the flightmodel. Though RTT would be a nice last minute bonus/preview of things to come.

It has a good year to go before A3 is released, unless things go really, REALLY well for BIS and it's released earlier than expected. So why not make the most of it?

EDIT: Though for ArmA2 i could live without the flightmodel. Though RTT would be a nice last minute bonus/preview of things to come.

true, but TOH is expected to be released this year and carrier command is running parallel in the development pipeline. Unless they are willing to share the same engine improvement for TOH on A2+OA engine, else it wont be profitable from business standpoint. A mini DLC perhaps then? to earn bit of extra revenue for the company while full steam ahead on the 3 major products announced?

The render to texture can be used to create 3D scopes.

(done it in the source engine as well.)

example of 3d scopes in Insurgency mod

basicly a camera infront of the scoped linked to the render to texture on the scope glass.

and tbh id rather like to see this in ARMA3 then 2 or OA.

Edited by Black²

I'm dying for the "objects view disctance" could be brought into A2, I don't have the ambition to play at 20km, 5km is enough, but I hate seeing the far hills bald at just 3km away.....

^this

Not to speak of the hidden Tank on those hills that ruins your day just because you can´t see it

Bit like asking the obvious isn't it.

Well my answer is no, don't realy care for the RTT and flight model to be included in A2:CO. Its only purpose would be to enhance objects and weapons BIS wants for A3 and TOH, and opening up to modders only expands the inconsistancy between vanila A2 stuff and what is now possible.

However the graphical options re- view, object, and shadow distance would be very cool.