Undeceived,

How about this bad boy? Any progress yet for a release here?

"The new campaign is not released yet, but is are available at OFPEC for betatesting (at the moment 11 of 19 missions). "

:D :D I wanted to finish my mission FTLOAF first. "Finish" for me means to give it for review at OFPEC (which I did yesterday as well). I hope that version 1.8 is the last one now.

And NOW I'm all focused on my campaign Black Lands. :)

:D :D I wanted to finish my mission FTLOAF first. "Finish" for me means to give it for review at OFPEC (which I did yesterday as well). I hope that version 1.8 is the last one now.

And NOW I'm all focused on my campaign Black Lands. :)

I´m looking forward to it!

Hi,

After installing the mission, i appeared in a kind of desert with people and randon object separated. Afterthis a guy comes shooting and kills me all the time after talking to my boss...

Then i try an older version i was having already installed. I need to do something with some boxes at the beginning, but all i am allowed to do is lifting them and take them somehwere else. Wherever i put them i get a message telling that there is no space for the boxes.... I cannot find any instructions or tips. What can i do? :( Please help.

Hi,

After installing the mission, i appeared in a kind of desert with people and randon object separated. Afterthis a guy comes shooting and kills me all the time after talking to my boss...

Hmm - that sounds rather like a nightmare. :D No idea where this comes from... Can you make some screenshots of this situation?
Then i try an older version i was having already installed. I need to do something with some boxes at the beginning, but all i am allowed to do is lifting them and take them somehwere else. Wherever i put them i get a message telling that there is no space for the boxes.... I cannot find any instructions or tips. What can i do? :( Please help.

You have to

pick up the boxes and carry them to the parking place. The parking place is at the other end of the barn - there are some cars standing there. The right position is also marked on the map.

Well, guess I'll bump this thread. I'm running into issues with your mission at the moment, and by that I mean a wide variety of issues. :(

First of all I don't get any map markers (you said earlier that things should be marked on the map. Had to spend like 15 minutes trying to find the hut in the woods because of no map markers :L), and second the AI doesn't seem to move very well. My walking animation froze frequently whilst carrying the boxes around and this also happens with the AI. This leads to them being unable to enter my car, so I can't continue the mission.

Active mods are @forthelifeofafriend (basically all of the required mods and whatever you put in there), @STBHop (ShackTac Bunnyhop, this shouldn't conflict as all this does is assign a keycombination to an animation) @STHUD (ShackTac Fireteam HUD. Kept it on as I thought it'd be useful if I get my own squad later, but might aswell remove it for now) and @JSRS 1.5.

Hi tryteyker,

thanks for your reply.

Ok - there might be no relation, but did you try to run the mission without any mods except for the required ones? I'm asking because the issues you mention are completely unknown to me... :(

Well I don't know how I fixed it but I redownloaded the mission from Armaholic, removed all my mods & removed the beta patch, and that fixed it. I doubt it was a mirror problem because I saw the markers pop up briefly with the Armabase version too so I guess it's either my mods or the beta.

Anyway, I already played through the mission. Didn't expect that kind of mission, the title made me think that the Mafia kidnapped one of Piotr's friends, BUT NOPE. D:

Also the german voice over helped a great deal with the atmosphere imo (well not for those who don't understand it obviously), really well done.

Great that it worked! :D

Thanks for your feedback too! :)

Excellent Mission Undeceived!!! I can officially say that this is one of the first mission I really enjoy, like a good movie, from the beginning to the end! It changes a lot from the common "free the town" scenario.

GREAT WORK!

I had a little show stopper bug though. I am currently searching for a workaround:

I sniped the mafia boss with the CZ 550 from a hill north east of the village ... leaving all his men alive. Since the cabin to retreat is not that far, I decided not to use the car and ran thru the forest. When I finally reach the cabin ...nothing is happening. It seems like one of the trigger is not activated.

I might decompile your mission to try to understand what is happening. I REALLY enjoyed that mission, so I would like to see its ending.

I just read you are working on a campaign? You just found yourself a new fan!

Frag

Edited by frag

frag, thanks a lot for the feedback! :) Yeah, a campaign is in the making - will take some more time to finish though.

About the bug you mentioned:

Hmm - that's really mysterious. You killed Jegorow and the mafia leader and then Olaf said that you both could hide at the cabin - right?

I checked the trigger condition and it all is as it should be - at least by looking at it in the editor...

Could it be that you arrived at a wrong cabin? :D You say that it is not that far - but it's also not thaaat close IMO (on foot).

Other than that I have no idea what could be causing this.

If you have a saved game before the kill of the second target person (in your case the mafia group leader), kill Olaf prior to the target person kill. Another escape point will be announced then (which hopefully works...).

If all else fails, a restart could maybe help.

Oh, and if you ran the game with mods (others than the required ones), maybe disabling them would solve it.

Good luck! :)

thanks a lot UNdeceived. Very kind of you.

WIll give it another trial, since the ambient of this mission looks amazing, almost magic.

cheers :)

Just a little BUMP for others to see this Awesome Mission. One of the best out there for sure! I think will play it again, got tired of ArmA 3

I just played this and it was great, one of the best missions ever made. Thought I had played all your stuff, but somehow I missed this one. It flows like a crime movie and has all that "life" stuff that I like. Well, I could say the big battle was a bit too difficult, but wow everything else was great. I wish more missions had this kind of content. You really raise the bar with everything you do.

Thanks, AZCoder, much appreciated! Especially after such a long time. :D

Updated the download link in the first post and took this as reason to shamelessly bump the thread. 😜

Support bIdentify to save the lost Armaholic stuff!