With 1.7 I was able to continue at my show stopper and finish the mission. A perfect combination of the game world and your story telling, I enjoyed it.

A bug I've noticed was that the show stopper before ringing the door bell isn't fixed completely.

I forgot to take the binoculars from the car at first, so i ran back to the car while the others got into position. But when I arrived at the over watch position the others weren't around. After loading a save game and trying to keep up with them I found out that Kostja is only "triggered" if the player is close to the two others when they reach the over watch position. If the player is too far behind the friends will continue at once and "sneak" right through the farmstead back to Kostja.

I guess you need a sync or trigger which puts the ai waypoints on a definitely hold, until the player does catch up to the event.

Oh, and I would add the version number to the mission overview in game.

Thx, Trapper!

I'll look into it and release a (hopefully) final version sooner or later. Good that you could finish the mission, thanks for the feedback.

One of the best user scenarios I've ever played. Great story and atmosphere. Outstanding work! :thumbsup:

Fantastic mission 9/10 only wish there was english voice overs..!! more please!!!

First half before (minor spolier) the boom boom, reminded me of Alan Wake... A zombie mission with co-op missions would be great, please do a 2-4 player co-op version!

One of the best user scenarios I've ever played. Great story and atmosphere. Outstanding work! :thumbsup:
Fantastic mission 9/10 only wish there was english voice overs..!! more please!!!

Thanks to both of you!

(...)If you see anything odd or buggy left, please report back so I can fix it.(...).

Hello,

first of all: This is the best mission I played so far. The cutscenes and the voice acting are great. Also the storyline itself is grasping.

Regarding Bugs: I'm at the part where I have to take out the targets - but it seems as if the Mafia guys are respawning or even getting more and more.

Is this a bug or a desired behavior?

Edit: OK I saw that they should spawn because you are using DAC. I expirienced, that there were only spawning a certain amount of soldiers after I player some more

Edited by Behemeth

Hello,

first of all: This is the best mission I played so far. The cutscenes and the voice acting are great. Also the storyline itself is grasping.

Thanks, Behemeth! :)

Regarding Bugs: I'm at the part where I have to take out the targets - but it seems as if the Mafia guys are respawning or even getting more and more.

Is this a bug or a desired behavior?

Edit: OK I saw that they should spawn because you are using DAC. I expirienced, that there were only spawning a certain amount of soldiers after I player some more

About the amount of enemies:

When you go to the doctor with Kostja, the mafia reinforcements arrive at Vyshnoye and surroundings. They have some patrols around the village but no other units spawns.

If you can, try to sneak up to the bastards and apply guerilla tactics (hit and run). Should help a lot!

Have fun and thanks for playing!

Undeceived, Thank You very much for this GREAT Experience!! WOW!! What a blast!! Loved it!!!

I really enjoyed playing this mod / story.

I was immersed from the outset and nothing let the telling of this tale of friendship down at any point (within the boundaries of the Arma 2 engine of course). The cinematics, staging and timing were excellent, as were the story, acting and songs throughout.

Very enjoyable and a memorable experience.

Thank you, Undeceived!

Edited by HackerSlasher

Thanks a lot, Geraldus and HackerSlasher! :)

Maybe, but I think that story-wise it would be difficult to make it as a coop mission, since there is only one main character at the beginning and others are only introduced at a later point.

But I have another mission in the make which could be developed as coop as well, but this will only take place in Arma 3 - need to finish my (also only SP-) campaign first (which btw. is making quite a good progress - all 19 ;) missions are finished and I'm currently improving the first four missions for the first partial beta test release).

There's always the Halo route of just adding a second character who is superfluous and canonically nonexistent.

But I have another mission in the make which could be developed as coop as well, but this will only take place in Arma 3

How is this possible? I've seen this mentioned by other mission makers, but the game is not even out yet. You mean you've got an idea on paper? Please explain.

(also only SP-)

This brings warmth into my heart.

Kommiekat - I began that mentioned mission in Arma 1 already on Schmalfelden and I will try to port it to Arma 3 then when a good German landscape map addon is released. Yes, the story and concept etc. are there already.

Maturin - ok, that would be possible, yes. :)

Edited by Undeceived

Maybe, but I think that story-wise it would be difficult to make it as a coop mission, since there is only one main character at the beginning and others are only introduced at a later point.

But I have another mission in the make which could be developed as coop as well, but this will only take place in Arma 3 - need to finish my (also only SP-) campaign first (which btw. is making quite a good progress - all 19 ;) missions are finished and I'm currently improving the first four missions for the first partial beta test release).

Awesome, looking forward to trying the new campaign.

I played a bit of this today and WOW, this is one of the most creative uses of the Arma mission editor ever!

Hello Sir!

When I try playing this mission I get an error "You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.map-eu"

Any idea what the matter is?

Thanks!

edit: nevermind. reading the readme.txt helped (duh)

Looks sweet so far, but its late and i guess i ll have to finish tomorrow :P

Edited by cryion

Hello Sir!

When I try playing this mission I get an error "You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.map-eu"

Any idea what the matter is?

Thanks!

edit: nevermind. reading the readme.txt helped (duh)

Looks sweet so far, but its late and i guess i ll have to finish tomorrow :P

Allright. :D Have fun!

Khaki - thanks for your feedback! :)

Just ran into this mission the other day on OFPEC. Absolutely love it. It's such a great change of pace and has a lot of story to it. Also really enjoying Undeceived's next mission as well!

Hm as an Arma2 noob I do have some questions:

1. After the caretaker and I decide to kill all those guys I get a message saying his first aid package contains two bandages. I cant find the first aid package tho.

2. How can I give him a gun?

3. How can I make him get into the car with me?

Thanks!

Also really enjoying Undeceived's next mission as well!

:confused:

Say wha?

You got the hometown gossip?

Hm as an Arma2 noob I do have some questions:

1. After the caretaker and I decide to kill all those guys I get a message saying his first aid package contains two bandages. I cant find the first aid package tho.

2. How can I give him a gun?

3. How can I make him get into the car with me?

Thanks!

Hi cryion,

1:

I'm not sure about those first aid packages :D but I think that only when you as player get injured, the medikits are usable (resp. the action to heal appears in the action menu).

2:

To give your buddy a gun you have to send him to the gun, then, when he is there, select him with F2 and press 6. A list with different actions should now appear. From this list you now choose "Gear". The gear windows should appear and the weapon you want to give him should appear in the weapons list.

3. Select the buddy (F2), press 4 and select the right vehicle on the list which appears.

In general I suggest that you play the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Tutorial missions first.

Have fun. :)

:confused:

Say wha?

You got the hometown gossip?

The new campaign is not released yet, but is are available at OFPEC for betatesting (at the moment 11 of 19 missions).

They are already in a playable status, but IF you play it, PLEASE give me a beta test feedback as well! :)

Edited by Undeceived

Hello everyone,

I finished a new version (v. 1.8) of my mission For The Life Of A Friend.

The download is in the first post.

Have a good new week! :)

Undeceived,

How about this bad boy? Any progress yet for a release here?

"The new campaign is not released yet, but is are available at OFPEC for betatesting (at the moment 11 of 19 missions). "