Hey Trapper, I have to finish something for tomorrow (uni stuff) and will look into it then. I have to say that I experienced this bug once too, but had not idea where it was coming from. :( And a load game fixed it for me...

Thanks for trying it out! I'll fix that one! Sorry for the inconvenience...

:D Yeah, I won an Oscar! :D

Thanks a lot, SpezNaseCollin! Much appreciated.

Well, that was hard yet, I would not have imaginated a better comeback to BIS games.

One thing though, why removing the bodies? I diverted a the enemy after killing a squad with NV and when I came back the bodies were gone, I'd have kill for those NV... Well, in fact, I did, but it would have been a blast! And I played solo, I leaved Olaf in his house, near the church, bloody bastad, can't shoot a thing!

Excelent mission, good plot and not that hard if one uses guerrilla tactics. This shows how awesome is the mission editor, I wish I could do mission like this one.

Hey Benoist! Thanks for the feedback!

But... Did you really play the latest version? Because in the latest version there should not be a single NVG anymore in the whole mission, as I tweaked the AI (and Olaf too) so that they don't need it anymore. Check the ReadMe file, if you had v. 1.6. If not, you could play again ;) ;) - there are 2 or 3 little random things in the mission.

Other than that I never removed any bodies. Someone else reported that he couldn't find dead bodies but I really don't know what happened there, as the only time I clear the bodies was for the outro scene... Can you tell me, when and where you couldn't find them again? Would help me to find this suspected bug.

Cheers! :)

Edited by Undeceived

In the last firefight, east of the road in the South of the village, though I was kind of lost and I didn't have much time to search with the bullets passing through. May be they were in other part of the map, who knows, I was a tad stressed, damn, the cig I had after finnish it was wonderful.

I played the version that is on Armedassasult.info, don't know if it's updated.

Oh, and the one who gave his life for his friends, J.C., is who I think it is?

Wow, armedassault.info indeed has an older version (1.5). :) I wrote the guys there a PM. But thanks for the hint, Benoist!

Yes, I think that J.C. might be who you're thinking he is. :D In my opinion he is the best friend (every)one can have. :) Another hint: He gave his life as the best friend approx. 2000 years ago. ;)

About another project you asked for via PM: See here.

Atm unfortunately I'm still very busy with university stuff... :( But sometimes I continue working on the campaign - right now I have 10 missions finished with almost everthing included (tasks, cutscenes, etc.). I think that there are approx. 5 missions left to do.

I think (and hope) that in summer it will be ready...

Edited by Undeceived

I just finished this mission today and I loved it. You should do more missions like this it reminds me of ofp resistance in a way.

The difficult thing to know for future projects is just:

What is the Resistance factor?? :D

Cause I'm building that resistance campaign I mentioned above - so this would be great to know. I hope that I'm on the right track with it because being compared to the father game of all things already is a great achievement (for those who know how that felt). ;)

Thanks, ContactTroska! :)

EDIT:

Btw, I'm noticing that I'm talking more about the new project than about FTLOAF...

I did not abandon the mission - I will make at least one more new version which will hopefully fix a showstopper that some people experienced while playing version 1.6.

So stand by - RL duties momentarily are a p. i. t. a. of my Arma-life. :)

Edited by Undeceived

To me the resistance factor is obviously not just guerilla warfare but the atmosphere OFP Resistance had where you actually liked the characters which i felt with this mission, unlike most games.Also choices you make in the game affect things later on which I like. Remember in OFP Resistance where you could stock pile weapons for your resistance fighters?

Yeah, good points.

Ok, in this case I hope to be on the right track... :) I always cared to heavily develop the characters of my missions (even more in the upcoming campaign) - even though sometimes I felt like there were even too many dialogs or cutscenes. :D

Edited by Undeceived

w0t?!..a campaign! A CAMPAIGN!!! Hundreds of missions as good as this one? I've heart palpitations...

w0t?!..a campaign! A CAMPAIGN!!! Hundreds of missions as good as this one? I've heart palpitations...

:D There won't be hundreds of missions (thanks God :D ), but "only" approximately 15 or so.

The story is progressing quite well with some nice twists and dramatic parts but of course there are small missions too which are very simple and also some more straight forward type of missions and a big number of cutscenes which push forward the story, which definitely is a focus in the campaign.

Edited by Undeceived

Mate loved the mission, totally quality, a campaign sounds amazing keep us updated how far are you into it? If I could offer one small criticism, sometimes its better to let us play an event rather than show it, like when we were picked up by our sister I would personally have found it more immersive if we had to get to the road and wait for her to arrive from my viewpoint rather than a cutscene showing us it.

Fantastic work keep it up.

Thanks, EBass. At the moment I'm working on mission 13 of the campaign (and also still on "some" real life tasks). Need to get this campaign story to an end soon because after that the campaign is still only beta (with all content included but full of bugs) and... -> Arma 3 is approaching - but I also don't want to rush the story in the final phase, so I'll need some more time.

Thanks for your critisicm as well - it's true that sometimes I guess I make too many cutscenes. But I think I'll leave the scene you mentioned in the mission as I'm afraid that removing it would break something else :D - so I'll better leave it.

I'll try to optimize this while making the campaign, but again, as mentioned earlier, there will be plenty of cutscenes which push the story forward, etc.

Edited by Undeceived

congrats on this mission. it was really enjoyable, and i don't think there's too many cutscenes. so what if we have a bit of MW/MoH/BF world in arma:)

Thanks!

so what if we have a bit of MW/MoH/BF world in arma

Not sure what you mean. :)

Not sure what you mean. :)

the cutscense are one of the Cod/MW&Co. trademarks. i just find it cool when i see those in Arma (even though they don't look remotely as good as they do in those newer games).

Ah, gotya. :) Though "trademark" would be a bit exaggerated in my opinion. :D Almost every game has them.

Hello everyone.

I updated my mission and the new version is in the first post.

I worked on some cutscenes (and other minor parts) and removed showstoppers which a small number of players experienced.

If you see anything odd or buggy left, please report back so I can fix it.

Thanks and have fun playing.

Great!

I hope that some of the players who played the 1.7 version can give me a bit of feedback if they saw any bugs or something. Thanks!