Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

OSShD-Y Train Carriages/Coaches Released!

qv4b7kzy4pplqtvt3kly.jpg

Introduction:

If you asked me what my favourite train carriage is (which nobody has ever asked me) I would tell you two things, it's from Eastern Germany and it’s the OSShD-Y. It's true, I love them, they may not be sophisticated and luxurious like the ICE Train but they have that special indescribable Eastern European spirit and magic in them. Just goes to show how good the Germans are in engineering, they can give style to even the most simplest of things, and maybe that’s what we miss in life today, the simplicity like chugging along slowly and seeing things such as the lush forests, rivers, fields, castles, mountains, villages and farms; things that we are usually too busy to think about and appreciate, instead of blasting through like a bullet without barely catching a glimpse of the outside before we reach our destination, so I present to you the OSShD-Y carriages, enjoy! :smile:

History:

The OSShD-Y is one of the most widely used and well known train carriages/coaches in Eastern Europe. It is also used by a number of other rail operators in various countries around the world such as the Chemins de Fer Syriens national railway operator in Syria.

The OSShD (type "B" OSShD-B) class carriage was first introduced by the GDR (East German) railway operator Deutsche Reichsbahn in 1962 and used Görlitz V bogies. Later in 1968 the OSShd-B was enhanced to meet UIC standard. The enhanced OSShD became known as the OSShD-Y (type "Y") carriage. The most distinctive feature of the OSShD-Y is its arched top, rather than the curved top on the previous type-B models.

The new OSShD-Y carriage model was produced by Waggonbau Bautzen (VEB Waggonbau Görlitz) in the GDR (East Germany) and was supplied to all OSShD members, forming the back bone of many members' stock, such as Czechoslovakia’s.

Over time other factories such as MVG Györ, Vagónka Studénka, Goša and Siemens acquired licences to produce the OSShD-Y carriage, in some cases using different bogies.

Addon contents:

- OSShD-Y A (1st class) ÄŒD (Czech skin) http://shareimage.org/images/yqd0fkbiftwwicsbjway.jpg

- OSShD-Y B (2st class) ÄŒD (Czech skin) http://shareimage.org/images/2lzoyaj9n6dre32jppa.jpg

- OSShD-Y Ds (Cargo\Post) ÄŒD (Czech skin) http://shareimage.org/images/rrkj995rttx2vsfmkvid.jpg

- OSShD-Y A (1st class) - (Chernorussian skin) http://shareimage.org/images/6003o6r4uq43w7kpzjev.jpg

- OSShD-Y B (2st class) - (Chernorussian skin) http://shareimage.org/images/rr7xnrdux19mjgoa1.jpg

- OSShD-Y Ds (Cargo\Post) - (Chernorussian skin) http://shareimage.org/images/xbjehb4rqtpih8bwan3u.jpg

Authors & Credits:

- Model and textures by Martin

NOTE:

To place the carriages higher in order to sit on different rails in game type the following in to the INIT box of each carriage:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,[b]0.2[/b]]

0.2 (0.2m) is the default height for BIS rails, change this number to fit other rails if needed.

Additional Information:

• Addon signature included
  • Carriages are not drivable only static
  • Fully localised in English, Czech, Polish and Russian
  • Accurate icon sizes for easy placement in mission editor

7voq8qnqtnbc50g7auq.jpg

Read Me:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSShD-Y Train Carriages For ArmA II (Version 1.0)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OSShD-Y is one of the most widely used and well known train carriages/coaches in Eastern Europe. It

is also used by a number of other rail operators in various countries around the world such as the

Chemins de Fer Syriens national railway operator in Syria.

The OSShD (type "B" OSShD-B) class carriage was first introduced by the GDR (East German) railway operator

Deutsche Reichsbahn in 1962 and used Görlitz V bogies. Later in 1968 the OSShd-B was enhanced to meet

UIC standard. The enhanced OSShD became known as the OSShD-Y (type "Y") carriage. The most distinctive

feature of the OSShD-Y is its arched top, rather than the curved top on the previous type-B models.

The new OSShD-Y carriage model was produced by Waggonbau Bautzen (VEB Waggonbau Görlitz) in the GDR (East

Germany) and was supplied to all OSShD members, forming the back bone of many members' stock, such as

Czechoslovakia’s.

Over time other factories such as MVG Györ, Vagónka Studénka, Goša and Siemens acquired licences to

produce the OSShD-Y carriage, in some cases using different bogies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors & Credits

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Model and textures by Martin

Addon contents

- OSShD-Y A (1st class) ÄŒD (Czech skin)

- OSShD-Y B (2st class) ÄŒD (Czech skin)

- OSShD-Y Ds (Cargo\Post) ÄŒD (Czech skin)

- OSShD-Y A (1st class) - (Chernorussian skin)

- OSShD-Y B (2st class) - (Chernorussian skin)

- OSShD-Y Ds (Cargo\Post) - (Chernorussian skin)

Installation:

To install this addon follow the instructions bellow:

1) Extract the file called "OSShDY.pbo" from the archive and place it in

your ArmA 2 addons directory, usually:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns

(Where "X" stands for the drive on which ArmA 2 is installed.)

-> You can find this addon in mission editor under Empty > Trains > OSShD-Y ... <-

Note:

To place the carriages higher in order to sit on different rails in game type the following in to the

INIT box of each carriage:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,0.2]

0.2 (0.2m) is the default height for BIS rails, change this number to fit other rails if needed.

Permissions

All credit for this addon belongs to its respective author (Martin).

1) Re-skinning of any model in this addon using custom or original textures is ALLOWED as long as

proper credits are given to its author (me)

2) Using this addon for educational purposes is ALLOWED

3) Modifying any model in this addon is ALLOWED as long as it is released with proper credits to its

author (me)

4) Using/modifying this addon for use on your maps/islands is ALLOWED as long as credits are given

Using this addon or any of its components for commercial purposes is forbidden!

Disclaimer

This addon has been provided to you free of charge, the authors or Bohemia

Interactive Studio will not take responsibility for any damage/loss of data

done by this addon to your computer/ArmA II game (most unlikely), lost lives,

angry wives/parents and/or lost girlfriends.

By downloading and installing this addon you agree to the above and take

responsibility.

100% compatibility with another addons cannot be guaranteed.

Contact

You can contact me on:

E-mail: Bauerek@hotmail.co.uk

BIS Forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=51263

www: http://www.ofpbase.co.nr

22nd of June 2011

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/?57zkzr45ci5fsb1 (~4.7MB) (Current version 1.0)

Please mirror :smile:

Edited by -Martin-

Oh yes! This will be perfect fora take the Train domination mission I was thinking of. Thanks dude.

:eek: Wow

Wonderful job, it's nice to see a surprise like this every once in a while. I'm definitely making good use of these!

PS- Nothing nicer, if you can afford the time that is, than taking a trip through the countryside by rail. I recently had a chance to travel and took advantage of the opportunity to do so by rail, which I haven't done in four years.

Realy nice work, thats is for me a new motivations for Railroads build on the Islands.

Thanks

Greez Hotze

Realy nice work, thats is for me a new motivations for Railroads build on the Islands.

Thanks

Greez Hotze

Nice one :smile_o: we definitely need more railroads on islands. Don’t forget that you can put these carriages on the island directly in Visitor so they will be perfectly aligned to the rails, like BIS did on Chernorus.

This is GREAT! I'm impressed, how fast you are able to make such a great looking texture. For me it's painful job with my tatras even when I've got plenty of time right now. Onece again: Awesome job!!!

This is GREAT! I'm impressed, how fast you are able to make such a great looking texture. For me it's painful job with my tatras even when I've got plenty of time right now. Onece again: Awesome job!!!

Thanks, I knew I would get a comment from you :biggrin: Most of the textures are made from photos I found on the internet, e.g. the bogie (wheels) are made from this photo I found on Wikipedia: http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soubor:Bogie_Goerlitz_V_BDs.jpg

now if the folks who released gac_train and you could just get together... and if the cars were able to be entered...

O yeah!

I very much love such things. To a regret this theme very badly develops in the ArmA2. Thanks for addition!

We want more:D

Like this:

0nFXdYG0BRY

and

k5VxpN71Ws4

now if the folks who released gac_train and you could just get together... and if the cars were able to be entered...

Anyone who wishes has full permission from me to make the train carriages usable with the GAC train, I've got to get on with other projects so I won't have the time to do it myself tough :sad:

@Hand of MoscoW: Great videos, the metro model in the first video could use a bit more love tough. Some of the edges inside are smooth when they should be sharp etc...

Anyway, the second video is great; looks like someone beat me to making a metro station. Anyway, does anyone know what addon that man with a suitcase seen at 2:37 is from?

Great work -Martin-. I am having great fun having little cqb's in and around these :)