Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Marines

Aww... What makes you think the ACE team will do it? Did they say something?

I dunno the whole fact the current ones are just 30 minute reskins that nearly anyone can do is probably a very good reason. Or the fact that these ones don't require you to have ArmA2 to use? :cheers:

Hi, on the readme don't says nothing about that this Marines are only for the ArmA2:CO v1.57. They don't work with the ArmA2 v1.10 and that's very sad for me.

After the "Bink USMC needs OA v1.57 to work" message... i get another message, im not sure if it's a bug or what, here it's:

- Bink's USMC v1.0 units Error Message with the ArmA2 v1.10:

bink_usmc_bug.jpg

Will be really pimp if they were for the ArmA2. Let's C ya

@wipman, that error is most likely to do with the backpack proxy used in OA, I found the same problem with my British units. Bink would need to have two sets of models, one for OA and one for A2. It can get a bit confusing with two sets of everything lol

Still, he might do it at some point.

This units looks amazing, it's the best piece of work of any game i have seen, thank you!

I really like this mod, though there's some gears mixed up of this mod with both USMC and US army on (CO). Like a US Army Marksman, Engineer, Crewman with USMC helmets (MARPAT or OD green). They should have their same pattern for whole gears. Would you fix it for further update? :)

@wipman, that error is most likely to do with the backpack proxy used in OA, I found the same problem with my British units. Bink would need to have two sets of models, one for OA and one for A2. It can get a bit confusing with two sets of everything lol

Still, he might do it at some point.

Hi, thanks for the info StalkerGB; i wasn't sure if it was a true bug or just a problem derived from not having the OA installed as CO along with the ArmA2 v1.10. This units look very pimp on the screenshots. Let's C ya

Hi, on the readme don't says nothing about that this Marines are only for the ArmA2:CO v1.57. They don't work with the ArmA2 v1.10 and that's very sad for me.

After the "Bink USMC needs OA v1.57 to work" message... i get another message, im not sure if it's a bug or what, here it's:

- Bink's USMC v1.0 units Error Message with the ArmA2 v1.10:

bink_usmc_bug.jpg

Will be really pimp if they were for the ArmA2. Let's C ya

Indeed the readme doesn't say that. But on the downloadpage on armaholic and in my previous post it does.

The Replacement Pack...I noticed that the AR and MG soldier models were not being replaced...Something with the config or on my end?

*EDIT* Also, the Corpsman soldier model is not replaced as well

Edited by LycanVS

The Replacement Pack...I noticed that the AR and MG soldier models were not being replaced...Something with the config or on my end?

*EDIT* Also, the Corpsman soldier model is not replaced as well

are you using ACE by any chance? If you are, it's the Ruckless feature of ACE overriding the replacement pack entries. You can disable ruckless in aceclippi.exe but that'll cause some soldiers to run around with 2 backpacks.

I found some bugs/glitches with the units, this is not related to the replacement pack.

* At a distance, the SMAW anti-tank rifleman's arms are stretched out to the sides, similar to the T-1000 in Terminator 2.

* Also, on the radio telephone operator, the hand/glove textures are bugged; this could be a problem with the U.V. mapping.

P.S. I haven't tried out the replacement pack yet, but I'll get around to it soon. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

In the replacementpack are 2 replacementfiles, can we use them BOTH at thesame time or just one at a time??

I have ArmA 2 OA+BAF+PMC

Btw, SUPER-UNITS!! :bounce3:

Thanks.

Best regards.

In the replacement pack are 2 replacement files, can we use them BOTH at thesame time or just one at a time?

Yes you can. The desert replacement pack replaces Operation Arrowhead's U.S. Army units and the woodland replacement pack replaces ArmA 2's U.S.M.C. units.

So how does this work? Add a new mod folder and make sure the 2 replacement files are in then all vanila marines will be using this awesome texture replacement? How bout the desert version?

Edit: Ahh. now i got it working.

Edited by Muahaha

Nice work Binkowski, the marines are Awesome...

thks for those badasses :)

Amazing job Binkowski and team. Thank you very much.

The only bug i've spotted is that the corpsman's helmet disappears at about 35 metres.

Amazing job Binkowski and team. Thank you very much.

The only bug i've spotted is that the corpsman's helmet disappears at about 35 metres.

Yep, and same disappearing problem is with backpacks, they disappear really quickly(when you are 20m or so away from the soldier).

I have question, i play with this marines in multiplayer, but the game fall me. Is this marines compability with ACE please? thank you

How do I use the replacement files? Just add them in to the mod's folder?

How do I use the replacement files? Just add them in to the mod's folder?

Yes, you simply add it into an addon folder, along with these Marines of course

Amazing job Binkowski and team. Thank you very much. The only bug i've spotted is that the corpsman's helmet disappears at about 35 metres.

This happens a lot with infantry models in ArmA 2, even the default ones.

Nice units mate. RTO unit cant carry a backpack though, shame this since the model doesnt have one modelled on.