Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2, version 1.10 - Patch Released

Can I ask - Does the 1.10 patch address the AI enough that it makes it on the same level as does say ZEUS addon?

Where ZEUS is used to make the enemy AI more dynamic, more aggressive in some ways, more responsive, etc, etc......

Did the 1.10 patch have any effect on AI perfomrance directly in this regard?

Thanks

No. A.I. got a overhaul in Operation arrowhead and a further one in 1.59 and now in 1.60 Beta. Basically the Stock A.I. is now close to ArmA II ZEUS level... ArmA2:OA is in fact so much improved that I don't see a urgent need for A.I. mods anymore.

Improvement does not mean more deadly A.I. but more lifelike. In fact the A.I. has lost soem teeth now since they don't have the T-800 perception anymore and are affected by ground and forrest clutter, vehicles not having instant 360° scan ability, etc.

Edited by Beagle

Yes, please specify them :rolleyes:

The most famous issue walking through walls that has a hole should be one.

And AI can't see targets through glass should be fixed in A2 vanilla too.

I mean some two years old issues fixed recently but not in the A2 1.10 should be fixed in next A2 version. Just for A2 vanilla.

The most famous issue walking through walls that has a hole should be one.

And AI can't see targets through glass should be fixed in A2 vanilla too.

I mean some two years old issues fixed recently but not in the A2 1.10 should be fixed in next A2 version. Just for A2 vanilla.

Maybe changes done in the OA engine, that is a much more advanced version than the fairly old ArmA 2 engine from 2009, can't be done so easily. If you want the newest features in a free patch, and a lot of them are not just bugfixes but real new features, like the artillery computer or repair skill to engineer class or better A.I. you simply need to upgrade to Operation Arrowhead.

BIS has currently 3 running projects beeing:

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead in it's rather final support phase

TOH as a brand new release with urgent need of fixing

ArmA III in development

So it it rather natural that fixes to the older games like ArmA II only will happen less frequent and to less extent...

Especially when considering that a lot of the mentioned A2 content issues still persist in OA.

Edited by Beagle

Hi, the ArmA2 is dead, check the public MP servers and missions; is dead. Let's C ya

Hi, the ArmA2 is dead, check the public MP servers and missions; is dead. Let's C ya
That's a funny statement because OA is not much more alive in this times. 100% more servers in numbers, yes, but most are empty or unplayable 48+ slot servers anyway.

Public is dead in both A2 and OA.

That's a funny statement because OA is not much more alive in this times. 100% more servers in numbers, yes, but most are empty or unplayable 48+ slot servers anyway.

Public is dead in both A2 and OA.

what u mean ?

you can play easily a2 or a2oa mp games with 40+ players on number of server evening any day.

what u mean ?

you can play easily a2 or a2oa mp games with 40+ players on number of server evening any day.

No you can't. You can kjoin the server buit playing as client on a remote A.I. capped server is not playable. A2 is even worse in that case. Beeign able to join a swrver does not mean it runs a playable mission.

50% of CTI and DOmi severs are unplayable, but I know that does not keep people von staying logged in...for a reason I can't understand.

No you can't. You can kjoin the server buit playing as client on a remote A.I. capped server is not playable. A2 is even worse in that case. Beeign able to join a swrver does not mean it runs a playable mission.

50% of CTI and DOmi severs are unplayable, but I know that does not keep people von staying logged in...for a reason I can't understand.

Sorry dont really understand what problem with ai :)

There is a PR and AAS maps where no ais :) also valhala charly foxtrot and rolling thunder :)

CRCTI and warfare maps are really playable but tab to lock killed using armor

units in game so I'm just hope bis will fix this one day.

Hi, some people don't know it and others seem to have forgot it, but on the OFP times you was able to choose between more than 25 (fully playable) different coop missions, of different skill levels, with half of the player slots filled if not 'em all filled up; that don't happens on the ArmA2 and didn't happen on the ArmA neither. Three missions (EVO, CTI & DOMI) are not enough IMO for fill the MP needs of a game; but half of the blame of this is because there isn't any official Commands Refference Guide that helps the players to create their own MP missions and share 'em, giving life to the MP; nowadays no MP = Dead Game. Let's C ya

why do it delay mouse control? I use A2+1.10 patch and in the control panel I use head moving and Aiming deadzone zero value.

But when I moving the mouse ,then ingame caracter is delay more than one second.

My rig is well, and the game is run allright. I tried lower resolution and setups , but not improved nothing.

why don't it use more directly mouse control , than other FPS? I'd like it if could be more faster and more precise the procedure of aiming.

My rig is AMD X4 965 3,4 ghz

8gb DDR3 1600mhz ram

Gigabyte 4850 1gb ram VGA

Asrock 970extrem4

win7 64 bit

Hi, it takes some time with certain weapons (as LSWs, GPMGs and Heavy Sniper Rifles) for the character to react to the movement, to simulate the weight of the weapon; but setting the Dead Zone to be low or none is what helps the most, at least to me... . Let's C ya

Hi, i'll like to know if the next ArmA2 patch gonna fix bugs as:

- The M1911 A1.

- The M14-DMR grip.

- The HMMWV AMBU lights.

- The Aimpoint glass bug.

Will be great to have all those or atleast the Aimpoint Glass Bug fixed. Let's C ya