Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2, version 1.10 - Patch Released

Hi, i've finnished the ArmA2 v1.10 campaign and i've to say that the last mission works, that one with the intro and Lopotev; but kinda works at a half... some of the units not only on that cutscene, blink from dead to alive for a while in various missions and that don't looks good but hey, this last mission about Lopotev and those Spetzs goes like a 60% better.

Sadly i can't say the same about the game (during the whole campaign), i never did get this error messages before:

ArmA2_bug_111.jpg

And now... every hour and a half or so... PAM, CTD, that error message... my windows desktop wallpaper dissapear and the computer's performance decrease at the same speed that the souls go to hell.

I've also seen a bug that hasn't been fixed yet and that has been with us on the ArmA2 at least since the v1.04 AFAIK, the thing with the AIs equipped with Binocs & NVGs, that they perform the 'Look by the Binocs' anim, but instead perform it with the binocs on the hands... they do it with the NVGs.

This one:

ArmA2_bug_113.jpg

Seems to happen only, when the AI have NVGs and Binocs, on that order; like this:

ArmA2_bug_113b.jpg

It never happens when they've Binocs and then NVGs, on that order.

Other bug that i've noticed and that i don't remember from before... is the AI "aiming" or better said, "tracking..." the NMEs with the ATs at their back, looking like chickens eating or something; like this:

- My Team Mates Are Chickens.

I didn't noticed it before, on the ArmA2... AFAIK it happens with the: M136 AT4, RPG-18, SMAW and the RPG-7 (on the RPG-7 no matters the warhead, it happens with 'em all).

Is as weird as annoying, to me... . Your AI mates hold the RPG to go faster to where ever, and when they get there... they begin to bend over 'emselves tracking the targets spotted by 'emseves, or the given targets; sometimes it makes it easyer for your AI mates to get killed because they keep using the RPGs on infantry, and they have to unbend 'emselves, then release the RPG, target, aim... and then shoot. As i've said, i didn't noticed this thing on the v1.08, i dont remember rightnow about the v1.09.

At least now i certify that the mission about Lopotev (Dogs Of War) can be ended and don't freezes like before. Let's C ya

Hi, another pair of bugs present on the ArmA2 v1.10, since the begining.

- Light Cones Through Objects:

ArmA2_bug_115.jpg

The lights pass by objects as for example walls and the warfare fortifications; that by the way... not a single warfare fortification and i think that this goes for the structures too (like the Factorys etc) have a destruction/ruin model.

- Faceless Rockers:

ArmA2_bug_116.jpg

The rockers don't show any face texture at certain distance, the hair that goes down the shoulders is visible over the model's back, by where the neck should be; also the hair over the glasses (from the player's profile) are shown as white on the sides, where they're under the hair. Let's C ya

For some reason Arma 2 wont patch.

Arma 2 DVD

OA Steam

They work fine OA is latest version.

But got the kids CO off Sprocket and whilst downloading OA i wanted to play a LAN game off Amra 2 with them.

My Arma is 1.08 and when i try patch with 1.10 it says its completed but as you can see from the pic, it isnt :confused:

Their Arma is 1.10 from Sprocket

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/110.jpg

Anyone know whats up? My arma is on D drive.

Probably a stupid question but I am new to the game so I will probably have a lot more stupid questions coming. I just dowloaded Arma2 CO from sprocket last week, so my question is (a) what patch(es) if any do I need to download to be current. (b) If there are several to download, must they be downloaded in order? I tried downloading patch 1.10 and had the same problem as kdjac.

Thanks!

Edited by Man1

Probably a stupid question but I am new to the game so I will probably have a lot more stupid questions coming. I just dowloaded Arma2 CO from sprocket last week, so my question is (a) what patch(es) if any do I need to download to be current. (b) If there are several to download, must they be downloaded in order?

Thanks!

Normally you should be good to go... till the next patch. You can check your current version build on the splash screen bottom right corner, it should be 1.59.76384

Hi all!

I have a problem with this patch. When I installed the patch the game was switched over to Polish language, and I cannot change it in the options, it is greyed out. I tried to change it in the ArmA2.cfg, but with no success. Anybody have such a problem as me ?

I was playing on dedicated server benny's warfare CO 2.069 lite today and while i was waiting for my attach to chopper ( Mi-VT?) to transport the MHQ the ai stole it even though it was locked ( 100% locked im sure and i was commander )

Happened numerous times and no players was in my team, AI only.

Now im not sure if there is something wrong with the mission itself or the patch

but i would aprechiate if somebody could look at it.

Steps to reproduce - Load benny warfare 2.069 CO Lite, vote yourself commander and leave mhq or any vehicle unattended for short while, the AI will steal it.

I am not running beta patch, im using official 1.10 / 1.59 patches, no addons.

Edited by Bee8190

I'm pretty sure locked means that a vehicle can't be driven by players. AI can get into it just the same.

I installed the patch, and it works (sort of: it is still full of bugs) with standalone Arma 2, but when I use CO all the fixes from 1.10 (for example, Trial by Fire sound volume) disappear like if it uses 1.09 when CO is running.

I installed the patch, and it works (sort of: it is still full of bugs) with standalone Arma 2, but when I use CO all the fixes from 1.10 (for example, Trial by Fire sound volume) disappear like if it uses 1.09 when CO is running.

Do you have 1.59 patch for Arrowhead installed?

Hi, is good to see that the OA keep receiving patches and improvements, knowing that BIS is working hard on the ArmA3; but i feel the ArmA2 very advandoned with things like:

This 'so called HDR':

bis_hdr.jpg

- The Aimpoint glass bug.

- The M1911 front sight bug.

- The HMMWV Ambulance lights bug.

- The static defences operator possition proxy bug.

- The Aimpoint dot bright bug.

- The Eotech crossair bug.

- Various bugged/wrong weapon muzzle flases bug.

- The bright grass/dark ground (and units/vehicles) bug.

- Etc.. etc...

I thought that this last patch was going to correct something of the above that i would considerate as Game Breaking bugs, and now that they've so much work ahead on the ArmA3 while keep working and improving the OA, i think that the ArmA2 has get it's last patch with the v1.10 and that's sad; now we've a long wait 'til the ArmA3 is done and can only wait for something better and more polished. Let's C ya

There will be another patch, fairly soon.

but is that being confirmed by BIS ? honestly, until this 1.10 version, there are still some minor bugs occured so far, so I can say it isn't perfect or bug-free game yet.:(

but is that being confirmed by BIS ? honestly, until this 1.10 version, there are still some minor bugs occured so far, so I can say it isn't perfect or bug-free game yet.:(
ArmA II is old by now and not the main focus anymore. Currently ArmA II: Combined Operations 1.60 is in the works and we will see if some changes will be done to ArmA II Only content too since ArmA II is part of ArmA II: Combined Operations. If that is the case there should be a A2 patch sooner or later except in case the changes depend on the OA engine.

I suspect there will be a patch for A2 original included with the OA patch and thus also available separately.

At least there are hints pointing to this as there were fixes to A2 original campaign etc.

And I suppose A2 will benefit from many of the fixes/improvements, also especially in security section.

However I can recommend to get OA, it's quite cheap now I suppose and it has very nice features compared to A2, incl a lot more assets, and island etc.

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Hi, is good to see that the OA keep receiving patches and improvements, knowing that BIS is working hard on the ArmA3; but i feel the ArmA2 very advandoned with things like:

This 'so called HDR':

- The Aimpoint glass bug.

- The M1911 front sight bug.

- The HMMWV Ambulance lights bug.

- The static defences operator possition proxy bug.

- The Aimpoint dot bright bug.

- The Eotech crossair bug.

- Various bugged/wrong weapon muzzle flases bug.

- The bright grass/dark ground (and units/vehicles) bug.

- Etc.. etc...

I thought that this last patch was going to correct something of the above that i would considerate as Game Breaking bugs, and now that they've so much work ahead on the ArmA3 while keep working and improving the OA, i think that the ArmA2 has get it's last patch with the v1.10 and that's sad; now we've a long wait 'til the ArmA3 is done and can only wait for something better and more polished. Let's C ya

If you find them such game breaking bugs how about Let's C ya on the bug tracker; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-bug then?

Gather specifics, details, evidence, etc, put it in a ticket per issue (or the tickets already exist?), and link them back here on the forums for people to vote on them.

That's generally how issues are being fixed.

Are those bugs gone when running OA btw, or do they exist in OA just as well?

In any case I wouldn't expect too many data fixes coming from BIS for either A2/OA.

Edited by Sickboy

In my opinion some old enough bugs should be fixed for ARMA2 vanilla at the same time.

In my opinion some old enough bugs should be fixed for ARMA2 vanilla at the same time.
Please specify "some".

will be any next patch 1.11 maybe, with big improvement on performance ? or BIS actually still prepare for the next patch ? :confused:

when it will be ready, then it's done and more likely also released :D

Please specify "some".

some #xxxx issues maybe?

Can I ask - Does the 1.10 patch address the AI enough that it makes it on the same level as does say ZEUS addon?

Where ZEUS is used to make the enemy AI more dynamic, more aggressive in some ways, more responsive, etc, etc......

Did the 1.10 patch have any effect on AI perfomrance directly in this regard?

Thanks