Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2, version 1.10 - Patch Released

Hi, replaying the campaign, on the ArmA2 v1.10, on the mission called: Manhattan. I'd get two CTDs and huge difficultys to deal with the Aimpoint Glass Bug.

- 1St CTD.

ArmA2_bug_111.jpg

I'd get this one when i'd captured that chick that drives a red Golf, during the Autosave process with the resoult of a CTD and the loose of my windows desktop image once i was took to it.

- 2Nd CTD.

ArmA2_bug_112.jpg

I'd get this one just after locate the main Chedaki camp, also during the Autosave process; i've been kicked out to the desktop too, but this time the Buick Riviera 454 V10 from the 66' was still there.

And... for those that don't know it or just don't remember it... this is the Aimpoint's Glass Bug. Wich is maybe the bigger bug that the game haves, from day one. Let's C ya

Edited by wipman

Can't they just put out a fix or something ? Lots of people can't install 1.10 and it's like Bohemia gives a f*ck about it.

There is really no need to ask for a fixed version of a full working .exe !

Just can repeat it : If you have problems installing patches for ARMA2, reinstall the whole game.

And you will see,everything works.

Btw.,thanks for the patch BIS ! Lets keep the show running.

:)

Why should I install the game again and reduce the lifespan of my Crucial Real SSD ? I did'nt make a mistake. I am, and all the other people, are not responsible for some missing registry-keys. Bohemia should fix that, it's their fault.

Why you post a problem , if you are not willing to listen to people who knows it better than you ?:annoy:

Edited by seelix

Reinstalling is no option for me. Why do you post here without giving constructive feedback ? What's your problem ? Ah, get the f*ck out of here !

People can't install this patch and you act like it's our fault. Now I understand the people claiming the ArmA2-Community sucks, because once you criticize something about Bohemia or the game, everybody will flame you.

Edited by Cionara

You are german right ?

This should explain everything.

If you ask something in the net and you get answers you dont like,you always have to attack everyone and everything.

So get it cristal clear :

Iam not in here atm,to let me bully by some agressive stranger.

Your language sucks,like your attitude !

You may buy a Nintendo with some nice shiny gootchy-goo games.

War simulation are obviously not the best freetime solution for you.

:pet2:

I want to play ArmA2-Free with my friends, I'm supporting this game and the community for over 2 years. Now I can't install the newest patch to play with my friends because Bohemia made a mistake in a patch or in the installation. Instead of an answer from Bohemia to my problem I have to read posts from a racist. That's fun !

Racist....lol ! :icon_eek:

But back to topic.

* Fixed: GP-25 smoke ammo missing images

Works like a charme. Thanks

You are german right ?

You hate germans and people who are not native english speakers, that's really nice to hear...I call that racism.

And what was that Nintendo shit about ? I didn't really understand, you have to help me there. I can't install a new patch and because I have a problem you want me to play Nintendo ?

I said it "once you criticize something about the game everybody will flame you" and some seconds later it happens. I've been called an aggressive bully, had to hear that germans and people with bad english should play Nintendo.

I won't answer to such flames anymore. I'd be glad to hear a solution to our problem regarding patch 1.10. Reinstalling is an option, I thank the people who posted that, but there must be another way. Would be nice to hear an answer from the developers to this.

Bohemia should fix that, it's their fault.

Who says they aren't? Just because it isn't here immediately doesn't mean a fix isn't being worked on.

Now I understand the people claiming the ArmA2-Community sucks, because once you criticize something about Bohemia or the game, everybody will flame you.

Second time I've had to post this in 2 days but a couple people do not make up this entire community. Before this quoted post you weren't being flamed either.

You are german right ?

If you ask something in the net and you get answers you dont like,you always have to attack everyone and everything.

So get it cristal clear :

Iam not in here atm,to let me bully by some agressive stranger.

You may buy a Nintendo with some nice shiny gootchy-goo games.

War simulation are obviously not the best freetime solution for you.

:pet2:

Racism is not accepted here. Either start acting like a decent human being or GTFO. You have been warned.

Now, back on topic please.

Edited by Zipper5

Second time I've had to post this in 2 days but a couple people do not make up this entire community. Before this quoted post you weren't being flamed either.
You're right.
Who says they aren't? Just because it isn't here immediately doesn't mean a fix isn't being worked on.
Alright. But there were no answers from them. So I felt like this issue would just be ignored. Edited by Cionara

Hi guys

Ive got all the Arma's on my pc, so today i found out about ARMA2 Free

and installed it on my son's pc, then downloaded this patch.... all it says is "Arma2 is not installed on this pc"

i've taken the archive apart to try just installing the .exe, but still get the same result.

Arma2 free is a fresh new install, and is on the G: drive, this looks like its only looking for the C: drive for arma2

as there is no room on the c drive, anyone know a fix for the patch?

Hi guys

Ive got all the Arma's on my pc, so today i found out about ARMA2 Free

and installed it on my son's pc, then downloaded this patch.... all it says is "Arma2 is not installed on this pc"

i've taken the archive apart to try just installing the .exe, but still get the same result.

Arma2 free is a fresh new install, and is on the G: drive, this looks like its only looking for the C: drive for arma2

as there is no room on the c drive, anyone know a fix for the patch?

ARMA2 Free is already patched 1.10 :rolleyes:

Well thats bloody embarrassing lol

i linked the two games together and saw 1.9 wrong version, and assumed it was my son's free version that was old as i run the latest patches for baf and ARMA2OA

i need more sleep lol :rolleyes:

I want to play ArmA2-Free with my friends, I'm supporting this game and the community for over 2 years. Now I can't install the newest patch to play with my friends because Bohemia made a mistake in a patch or in the installation. Instead of an answer from Bohemia to my problem I have to read posts from a racist. That's fun !

IF there is a problem with the patch installer then reinstalling is one of the workarounds until it gets fixed.

The same goes with successfull installs. the game files can become corrupt

for various reasons such as crashes or hitting the reset button when Arma or Windows is accessing files.

Welcome to the world of PC's.

@cionara whole problem seems to be that he is missing ARMA 2 game's path from registry

or is wrong

how that happened is subject of question (moved, not installed at all or else)

but definitely vanishing entries from registry don't happen all of sudden ...

I don't know how it happened but it seems that other users got the same problem. I didn't move files and ArmA2 never crashed for me. I just had to install it a few times because I first didn't know that I had to install to the same directory to get CO.

Did anyone who can't install use Ccleaner ? Could imagine that registry cleaning could have did that. By the way, why can I install new beta patches though ? Aren't they using the same registry-keys that this 1.10 patch needs ?

Edited by Cionara

depends what beta patches

OA beta patches use OA registry to figure where to install

A2 beta patches use A2 registry to figure where to install

also You will face same problem with your 'praised' A2:CO patch

because there is no such thing, there is just OA patch

which contains OA patch + A2 patch

and the A2 portion of it again needs correct path to the A2 title

with your 'praised' A2:CO patch

I'm not praising anything. I just want to play with my friends and try to search a solution for that problem. I give dumb answers because I don't know how all the things work.
which contains OA patch + A2 patch

and the A2 portion of it again needs correct path to the A2 title

That means something deleted the registry-keys after installation, right ? Because I installed the newest CO patch not long ago.

Ouh man... solved it

I was looking for the registry entry at the wrong direction. Was looking at "CurrentUser\Software\Bohemia" before, but it was at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2". The OA and BAF folders had "Standard", "Key" and "MAIN" in it. The ArmA 2 folder had "MAIN" missing. I created a new "MAIN" string and copied "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2" into it and now everything is fine.

Still don't know how that entry disappeared...

Greetz, Cionara

Edited by Cionara

THAT'S IT! My hero!

I also did not have this exact key MAIN for Arma 2 - and I am 100% sure I never changed/deleted anything there; I didnt even know that this whole tree existed. Obviously it was never created during the installation process.

Manually adding it like Cionara said fixed it for me, too.

Patch now installed fine and all is well with 1.10.

i knew it ;) just from reading the first complaint :)

glad You got it resolved (better this than something way more problematic)

enjoy Your game

Had yesterday my first go with an extensive testing. The game runs very smooth for me.

Only thing I dislike a bit is that running seems way too fast now. It seems that you carry no weight at all. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks

On the BIS news page where they are announcing the release of ArmA X they make mention of discounts for people that have some of the games.

We are pleased to announce that Arma X: Anniversary Edition is now available. Customers, who bought Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead or Arma 2: Combined Operations (or Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead), can buy an upgrade version of Arma X: Anniversary Edition on Sprocket with a discount (20% for Arma 2/OA, 40% for Combined Operations).

There is no way of activating the discount on the Sprocket site. In fact the only game I do not own is ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT and £45 quid is a bit steep for a ten year old game!

the text is incorrect it means only these who bought the games mentioned via Sprocket can use such discount deal