Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

New Details on Russia’s T-95 Tank Emerge

Meh the M1A3 is going to pwn this

aslong as america gets its oil from libya :rolleyes:

That auxiliary 30mm is a great idea IMO.

T-10M had 14,5 mm MGs, both coaxial and anti-aircraft.

The US doesn't get its oil from Libya.

:(

Does that mean we, Europeans, will have to pay for those 104 Tomahawk missiles out of our own pockets?

Hey, just kidding: we steamroll Iraq together ('91), we bomb Libya together. :pet12:

When Ghaddaffi came in from the cold after 9/11 both Britain and the U.S. won oil contracts there.

:(

Does that mean we, Europeans, will have to pay for those 104 Tomahawk missiles out of our own pockets?

Hey, just kidding: we steamroll Iraq together ('91), we bomb Libya together. :pet12:

No we don't!

When Ghaddaffi came in from the cold after 9/11 both Britain and the U.S. won oil contracts there.

Until we decided that we didn't like oil any more and got the CIA to plan the uprising there. Edited by maturin

As long as the USA get a credit from China to build it. Let's see whats will happen to fiscal plans all around the globe at August the 2nd.

aslong as america gets its oil from libya

As long as the USA get a credit from China to build it. Let's see whats will happen to fiscal plans all around the globe at August the 2nd.

What is on august the 2nd?

What is on august the 2nd?

Hi all

In reply to Tonci87 the US took out 12.5 trillion dollars of Debt during the last administration, and a further 1.8 trillion with this administration mostly to pay for the Bush Tax cuts which largely benefit non Americans, such as arab oil companies like Halliburton.

The expectation is that like Greece the US may be about to default, in fact some economists and business analysts say it already is defaulting.

August 2nd is when a big part of the US debt under the last administration comes due and congress has not cut enough pork or raised enough taxes to pay it.

At that point the US then becomes more of a concern than Greece.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-28/-big-boys-focusing-on-narrower-u-s-debt-deal-as-deadline-nears.html

The other option is for the US to take out short term loans by raising its debt ceiling.

Kind Regards walker

If you read my whole post you might have noticed "

Yes, I'm aware that there were pitched battles on the ground, such as the Battle of Khafji or the tank engagement at 73d Easting, but they were not decisive. Iraq's fate was sealed during Instant Thunder."

Here I disagree.

I think Iraq continued to be a threat until the next Gulf War.

That the first Gulf War was indecisive in it's outcome. Allowing Saddam's regime to stay in power and for his military machine to remain a threat that needed significant and sustained containment for the next decade thereafter.

As I understand it, the Iraqi's paraded the Gulf War as a victory. Much as we did Dunkirk.

Edited by Baff1

Hi all

In reply to Tonci87 the US took out 12.5 trillion dollars of Debt during the last administration, and a further 1.8 trillion with this administration mostly to pay for the Bush Tax cuts which largely benefit non Americans, such as arab oil companies like Halliburton.

The expectation is that like Greece the US may be about to default, in fact some economists and business analysts say it already is defaulting.

August 2nd is when a big part of the US debt under the last administration comes due and congress has not cut enough pork or raised enough taxes to pay it.

At that point the US then becomes more of a concern than Greece.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-28/-big-boys-focusing-on-narrower-u-s-debt-deal-as-deadline-nears.html

The other option is for the US to take out short term loans by raising its debt ceiling.

Kind Regards walker

Thanks for the Reply. So the Bush Administartion has pretty much drve the US against the wall....no surprise

Ironic really that the French wanted to go all the way in 1991 and the US refused to enter Iraq proper and finish the job!

Meh the M1A3 is going to pwn this

how? it will be produced by europeans?

i mean m1a1-a2-a3(?) are just decents, nothing else.

barrel-launched SAM missiles (9M311 152mm SAM missile).

I'd be interested to see how they can load the 2560mm (that's 2.5 meters which is around 8 feet) long missile in a reasonable way into the barrel...

I'd be interested to see how they can load the 2560mm (that's 2.5 meters which is around 8 feet) long missile in a reasonable way into the barrel...

Don't SAM missiles require a ton of supporting radars and seekers, etc? Where the hell are they planning to put all this stuff?

As always, the Russians exaggerate their capability.

Everybody does.

The last thing you want is your troops thinking they are going to get killed.

Their previous barrel launched guided missiles used lasers for guidance.

But Strela and Stinger use IR, so the guidance system could easily just be contained inside the missile.

Everybody does.

The last thing you want is your troops thinking they are going to get killed.

Their previous barrel launched guided missiles used lasers for guidance.

But Strela and Stinger use IR, so the guidance system could easily just be contained inside the missile.

Which also makes me wonder just what they're trying to shoot down with a barrel-launched MANPADS.

AH-64? Come on, the Longbow attacks from several kilometers away, and with the Fire-and-forget Hellfires, it can launch all sixteen missiles and vanish before the Russians get a bead on it.

The more I read about T-95 the more it looks like another MBT-70.

Which also makes me wonder just what they're trying to shoot down with a barrel-launched MANPADS.

AH-64? Come on, the Longbow attacks from several kilometers away, and with the Fire-and-forget Hellfires, it can launch all sixteen missiles and vanish before the Russians get a bead on it.

The Russian tanks can shoot down those missiles...

They may also be expected to fight other helicopters than just the hellfire equiped Apache.

Their previous tank barrel launched guided missiles had ranges of over 4km. Under that and they are just going to use a fire and forget round. (Otherwise know as a cannon shell).

And while that particular missile system may not give them a great counter attack against an Apache that has got the drop on them, it will do very nicely against an Apache that they have got the drop on.

Edited by Baff1

The Russian tanks can shoot down those missiles...

WHAT?

The hellfire's way too small and too fast a target. Not to mention the fact that tanks can't elevate their barrels high enough to hit that.

And while that particular missile system may not give them a great counter attack against an Apache that has got the drop on them, it will do very nicely against an Apache that they have got the drop on.

How is a big, noisy tank supposed to surprise a quick, stealthy, RADAR-EQUIPPED helicopter?

Edited by RangerPL

Even though this is a little off topic but I just realized and bloody and terrible a war between NATO and Russia would be. Its just going to be based on luck IMHO.

Guys stay on the topic about Tank and not NATO vs Russia , thx

Russians have new 152mm SAM missile - which the T95 tank have auto loader , so loads very quickly

WHAT?

The hellfire's way too small and too fast a target. Not to mention the fact that tanks can't elevate their barrels high enough to hit that.

Newest version of Arena system (APS) can very easy destroy any missiles , including Hellfire , Javelin etc

Edited by RobertHammer

WHAT?

Thoust needs to do some research: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_%28countermeasure%29

How is a big, noisy tank supposed to surprise a quick, stealthy, RADAR-EQUIPPED helicopter?

Helicopters are just as big and noisy as tanks are, except tanks have the advantage of being down inamongst the ground clutter.

Its not as clear-cut as people would like you to think. It certainly wouldnt be a simple case of just steam-rollering "them simple Rooski's with their basic tanks"

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Russians have new 152mm SAM missile - which the T95 tank have auto loader , so loads very quickly

I think the point is, even the shortest MANPADS is still 1.4m long. And that only has a range of 4200m.

The Konkurs/Refleks are split in two (the missile its self being about 80cm long, the propelling charge being another 30cm) in order to fit in the autoloader (and be managable at all within the turret). I'm just not sure how you'd achieve the same thing with a SAM and still have a decent range on it?

For example, the 9M333 is 2.2m long/120mm dia and has a range of 5km, the 9M311 is 2.5m long/175mm dia and has a range of 8km, the 9M330 is 3.5m long/120mm dia with a range of 12km. So fitting something with longer range into a smaller package just doesnt seem to work...