Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

What new waypoint would you like to see in the editor list for ARMA3.

I would love ARMA3 to have some new WAYPOINTS added to the list. I know a lot of things can be done with scripting but it would be nice just have it ready to go from the editor.

1. I would love to have a way to set a move wayoint with a behavior and have a second move waypoint but between the move waypoints have a guard waypoint that will allow the units to move to the second move waypoint but if other units call for assist it will go right into the guard waypoint and move where it's needed to assist. After the assist is not longer needed what ever time the guard waypoint is set with the alert behavior it will return back to the move waypoints.

2. I would love to have a waypoint that allows to units to have the weapons on there backs again. The dismissed waypoint and this would work great for some missions.

3. A suppot waypoint for medics that will make th medic just move to heal units anywhere on the map. You could setup a field hospital and have some medics on this waypoint just like the guard waypoint. The medics would move where needed.

4. A Defend waypoint that you could set the area/loaction or maybe a building would be great.

What new waypoint would you like to see in the editor list for ARMA3.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

There really needs to be a SCATTER waypoint, DISMISSED doesn't seem to work. It would be cool to have a squad realistically go about their own ways sitting/lounging/walking around.

DEFEND would also be cool, nice idea.

A LAND unit for airplanes is needed, and some sort of the same "Touch-down" waypoint for helis.

More sophisticated waypoint branching, allowing for things like retreat waypoints, regroup waypoints based on conditions / triggers.

streamlined vehicle and aircraft waypoints for things like airlift, halo drops, paradrops without having to script it out the wazoo.

I think in overall usage by the community and mission makers at large, improvement of HOLD or a new DEFEND waypoint would be the most used.

Also, get rid of the TALK and SCRIPTED waypoints unless BIS mission-makers have some secret use for them...

There really needs to be a SCATTER waypoint, DISMISSED doesn't seem to work. It would be cool to have a squad realistically go about their own ways sitting/lounging/walking around.

DEFEND would also be cool, nice idea.

A LAND unit for airplanes is needed, and some sort of the same "Touch-down" waypoint for helis.

Dismissed works fine, except for the fact that you cant give them a max range so they may end up several kilometers away from their original position, which makes the waypoint useless. If thats changed its great.

Also, point 3 is already in since OFP.

There really aren't any more that are needed. The basic waypoints can be extended with some simple scripting. I would however like to see a new mode setting for vehicles to travel on or off roads (forced).

Not so much a waypoint but more of a support option that enables AI to leave their current waypoint and support their comrades in a firefight, currently they just stroll along their merry way when there is combat less than 100m away.

As far as i know there is no way to get them to do this unless they are on a guard waypoint.

Edited by Katipo66

I know I'd be excited if opening up Arma3's editor and seeing a Clear House waypoint command.

Perhaps a predefined route of only necessary house positions which of course would need to take into consideration the size of the team with the order.

Too large of a group would mean certain team members station outside while an assault team clears.

I would love to have three lines for code:

"On Activated" which is executed when they start moving toward that waypoint.

"On Reached" which is executed when they arrive at the waypoint, regardless of completion.

"On Completion" which is executed when synchronization or timers completes.

"Dismissed" would work if there only was a way to complete it manually. Currently we can't even use a switch trigger to activate another waypoint.

"Defend" I was originally against, but changed my mind; automatic use of: "mount gun" function (name eludes me), disable attacks, heavy use of suppression, and no requirements for the guard waypoint and guard trigger type. It's not that it isn't possible through scripting, but it's very time consuming for the new guy to get something this basic to work out ok - he only wanted to create a mission, not become a scripter.

I would also like to see a dropdown "Plan To" where you select which waypoint to plan a route. Currently if you setup a complex route, they will stop at each waypoint planning the route to the next, rather than drive smoothly to it. With a "Plan To" used, they would take longer before they start driving (to plan the route, which takes some time), but drive smoothly through all the waypoints.

I learned recently that there is a "Scripted" waypoint, which I never noticed before. Maybe in the new editor we could access a repository of scripts? That would help reduce the already quite long list of waypoint types :)

Example: someone might make a "Land" waypoint script where instead of a simple land, the pilot will forst make an assessment of the terrain by making random samples and searching for close objects, landing at the first sample that passes tests.

Scripted waypoints might be the future :) as they can branch their logic and effects. Let's even have a drop-down selector so we can choose an existing script, which then gets copied to the mission folder upon save.

The scripted waypoint as it is now is obsolete. I would much prefer to have scripted and talk (both obsolete) and add a "plugin waypoints" that when added to description.ext show up as P:Waypoint Type in the waypoint dropdown. P:Defend, P:Land, and P:Building Search sounds like good vanilla candidates to show us how this could be done.

Yes, the SCRIPTED waypoint is obsolete since you have the Statements part.

_neo_

I would however like to see a new mode setting for vehicles to travel on or off roads (forced).

agreed!

I would like to have the ability to make waypoints branch depending on set conditions as mentioned above. I would also like a kind of "extreme combat mode". the squad will move but when they come under fire or see an enemy they will immediately take cover and hold their position and never move until a condition is met or they can no longer see the enemy. It is probably possible to script both of these but it would be nicer if they were available in the editor.

I like the Ops id, but i leave it too bis too put in what is needed. However

The land

The Touch Down

The Clear House

sounds nice; also the script waypoint if you use that you will get an extra drop down box with presetted scripts for mission editors already in the game. It will save time and a lot of headages ;-)

kind regards

Im going to give a huge +1 to the defend waypoint, this is one that is just rediculous to be missing. The other +1 goes to the helicopter/airplane land waypoint. Its horrible the current way mission makers have to use work arounds in the current system to get the most common results. I think these are the two that we find in most missions that have to be scripted in some way to get the desired results.

What I would also like to suggest at the same time, is make it easy to mod the editor in adding waypoint types that are missing. What i mean is, for example, the scripted waypoint is opened in the editor, and you simply choose your script and give it a name and save it. Now the missing waypoints are always available with the attached script that you created in the editor. So something like the land waypoint you created, is now in the editor, you know your script needs an invisible H pad everytime you use it, but you dont have to type the script/command everytime. Just place the waypoint and the pad and give it its name. This would also allow mission creators to customize their most used scripts into waypoints.

Talk is not obsolete. Don't cut down options for others, if you do not use them.

I think it's obsolete and should be deleted because of a few reasons, contributing confusion:

1) Debugging something with player as group leader, causes waypoint not to do anything, including advance to next waypoint.

2) Many of the voice classes have no name, meaning they won't show up in the list.

3) Most of the time when you need voices, you do custom voices, in which you have full access to your own classes.

4) What is said is hidden in a deeper menu, rather than in plain view in the "On Act" field.

5) Usually, at least lately, you do voice with some kind of animation, which is not available here.

6) You can still use the effect dropdowns with regular Move waypoint.

How do you use it, and why do you use it rather than a (imho) better alternative?

Edited by CarlGustaffa

What i wish for:

1: fortify/defend wp - should work on buildings as well, making AI mount guns and take up positions in cover, and in buildings making AI take up positions near doors and windows and roof.

2: breach/clear building wp - stack up, take down building based on combat mode.

3: new formation - CONVOY, wich actually works - with advanced AI beheaviour fending off attacks or doing repiars when needed.

4: what CG posted about plan TO, this would fix so much frustration.

5: also the wp start, wp reached, wp completed on act fields as CG posted.

Relax waypoint, bassicly lets them sit around or talk to eachother. in a certain radius.

Good point Black²!

I'd like to see predifined animations with associated voices. For example a constitutive designation, a "move here, go go go!" like one, as mentioned a relaxing one or maybe even a parade one. Scripting such one up to now is one hell of a pain in the ass.

Relax waypoint, bassicly lets them sit around or talk to eachother. in a certain radius.

I'd be happy with the current Dismissed waypoint if it had some method of controlling the area of interest :) like say linking the individual unit's destinations to within the waypoint's trigger area for example. Or more probably a simple radii init variable setting.