Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

CWA 1.99 Bug reports

Problems when installing the MOD.

When I run the bat file, the display appears the message that "ERROR data.pbo not found".

I purchased this game on Steam. Im plyaing it on win7 32bit.

Which mod ?

Which mod ?

LlauMax and Kegetys hisky1.0c

I haven't tried another MOD yet.

The reason behind that is that CWA doesn't have the HWTL folder inside the dta folder, which OFP used to have. You'd need to edit the installation files to bypass that. Open the BAT file with notepad for example and remove any lines refering to the content of the HWTL folder. That should do the trick.

The reason behind that is that CWA doesn't have the HWTL folder inside the dta folder, which OFP used to have. You'd need to edit the installation files to bypass that. Open the BAT file with notepad for example and remove any lines refering to the content of the HWTL folder. That should do the trick.

Many thanks!!:bounce3:

Can't seem to get island anim folders from user made islands to be recognized when I place them in the Addons folder. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not though.

Also, (Not A BIS problem), Does anyone know how to correct the FDF executable to call CWA rather than Flashpoint Resistance?

Create a shortcut to the ColdWarAssault.exe executable, and edit the target line of it by adding

-nosplash -nomap -mod=finmod

It will load the FDF mod in CWA without the FDF executable.

or make a copy of the ColdWarAssault.exe and rename one of them to FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe :)

To fix problems with mods installation:create a folder res in your CWA dir.Then copy data folder into it.And rename Coldwarassault.exe to FlashpointResistance.exe now mods like CSLA should work.

I, too, would like to extend my thanks to Bohemia Interactive for this. Over the years I've bought CWC, RH (or Gold), Resistance, and GotY twice (I lost it so I bought it again). It's nice to see the developers still taking an interest after all this time.

Today I thought, "I haven't played OFP in a while; let's dig it out and have another go." I couldn't remember if my GotY copy included the v1.96 patch (it does, as it happens) so I searched online and found the v1.99 release.

Superb! I can download the full game for free, and all I need is my existing GotY license key? How cool is that? Thank you, BIS!

Only one problem: CWA doesn't include Red Hammer. I quite like Red Hammer; it's funny in a way that CWC and Resistance aren't, and it makes me laugh. I've never noticed any show-stopping bugs in RH, and it's fun to play. I uninstalled CWA and installed GotY from CD, then installed CWA over GotY, in the same directory. Red Hammer is now an option in the Campaigns menu. Hurrah!

I noticed an odd thing. If I install CWA in its own directory then the game loads to the main menu without any errors. If I install CWA over the top of an existing GotY installation, the error "Resource title CWA not found" is displayed after the BIS and Codemasters splash screens. If I use the "-nosplash" parameter in the shortcut, the game loads the main menu without any errors.

What causes that "Resourse title CWA not found" error? Should I have installed CWA over the top of GotY? If I want to play RH would I just be better off installing CWA in its own directory and then copying the necessary .pbo files from GotY to CWA?

What causes that "Resourse title CWA not found" error? Should I have installed CWA over the top of GotY? If I want to play RH would I just be better off installing CWA in its own directory and then copying the necessary .pbo files from GotY to CWA?

Yes, you should install CWA into its own directory and copy the Red Hammer campaign PBO from OFP to CWA. CWA shouldn't be treated as a patch, technically it's a new game on its own.

Yes, you should install CWA into its own directory and copy the Red Hammer campaign PBO from OFP to CWA. CWA shouldn't be treated as a patch, technically it's a new game on its own.

Well, that's pretty straightforward. Thanks for the advice. I'll do it now.

Just bought the ArmA X pack from steam and I'd enjoy playing the first game, except that the suicidal helo pilot crashing into those trees breaks the brains of my poor leader and the mission won't progress at all, because all he does after the helo crash is to lie down on his stomach and notice a BMP at 9 'o clock. Can I get the older campaign file from anywhere?

Edited by Nahkuri

It's a shame that 1.99 is apparently the final patch because the campaign files it comes with are far buggier than the GotY versions. I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of that, to be honest.

It's a shame that 1.99 is apparently the final patch because the campaign files it comes with are far buggier than the GotY versions. I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of that, to be honest.

any further details about that ... what is buggier , where , repro cases?

any further details about that ... what is buggier , where , repro cases?

here's at least one of the problems of the CWA cwc campaign that was not in OFP version:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1967098&postcount=76

Some people mentionned bugs in some cutscenes with characters not being at the location they should be too etc ...

Maybe you have included in CWA an early version of the 1985.pbo , as those problems weren't there in the CWC campaign in OFP 1.96 as shown in the link

Edited by Sanctuary

don't forget to use the last update (was missing the hotfix 3 stuff) , i fixed the files tonight ...

if you update it then the build is same as on Desura and STEAM

Righto. More campaign problems.

The second mission that has you take over a town and then leg it when those T80s appear works fine until those enemy tanks appear. We ran into the forest, near the starting positions and the tanks drove away to the starting hill too. Then, when the mission should've ended, it didn't. Instead the m60 Patton goes YEEEHAW and charges the T80s headlong. Surprisingly enough, it doesn't last long. Then my squad leader decides to join the cowboy charge and order the AA guy to attack the T80s as well. He did pretty much as good as the m60.

EDIT: well the mission ended when I decided to abandon my squad and run to the starting position. Now playing mission 3. I'm in the truck currently and driving behind the black guy and someone's shooting at us from somewhere very far away :icon_lol:

EDIT #2: More oddities. I've played the Montignac mission a gazillion billion times, and I've always taken over it and had the truck pick me up. Judging from the shooting and flares, this time the other AI squads got there way before ours. Right as we're about to reach Montignac, our squad leader decides that the other two squads are down and it's time to retreat. So we run back to the truck and get the hell out. Now I'm doing a mission I've never played before.

Edited by Nahkuri

Hello Nahkuri,

I don't see anything there,I would consider unusual or different

to 1.96.

For the mission based around Regina you are expected to retreat

to your starting position.

And the Montignac mission does occasionally take a different turn.

Edited by Macser

If by hotfix 3 you mean this :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2028736&postcount=324

It does not include any fixed 1985.pbo and resistance.pbo

no i mean this, 3rd revision of full install

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1963927&postcount=2

then + the fixed Bin files and camel and missions

explain what's 'fixed 1985.pbo and resistance.pbo'

what's not there / missing / not fixed?

Edited by Dwarden

I don't see anything there,I would consider unusual or different

to 1.96.

Now it's been a good while since I played OFP, but as far as I recall, things were working out a bit more smooth in that version. Or whatever the previous version was that I played years ago. I don't remember any of this slight wonkiness.

For the mission based around Regina you are expected to retreat

to your starting position.

Yes, I know. If I hadn't known and didn't guess correctly where I was supposed to run and stuck with my squad instead, I would've probably been stuck in that forest for a good while while my squad leader tried to figure out how he's going to attack numerous T80s with his AT guy dead and no armour support.

And the Montignac mission does occasionally take a different turn.

It's nice that the mission has a script that will, if all goes to hell , have your squad running to the hills, screaming with their skirts over their heads. What is not nice is that this thing now activates before the player has any chance to affect the outcome of the battle, because the AI squads have apparently turned into impatient plonkers and attack a bit before they're supposed to.

Or at least it would seem that way since it's never happened to me before, and happened a number of times repeatedly now. Well, at least none of the missions this far have turned out to be unwinnable. Had to go Rambo for a bit in the first mission before my squad leader decided to do something else than lie on his face, though.

Now playing mission 3. I'm in the truck currently and driving behind the black guy and someone's shooting at us from somewhere very far away :icon_lol:

Don't you have the viewdistance set higher than 900m? That should be the reason for it.