Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

CWA 1.99 Bug reports

But I want back Czech language, It's Czech game, why it isn't in patch?

In VirtualStore find ColdWarAssault.cfg and change

Language="English";

to

Language="Czech";

(menu only)

After 2nd hotfix it looks like fixed - dunno how it's with campaign though (chair problem). And I didn't test new commands (getMove etc.)...

Unbinarised config and resource files, someday?

In VirtualStore find ColdWarAssault.cfg and change

Language="English";

to

Language="Czech";

(menu only)

well it's not that simple this related only to GUI

as voiceovers and campaign texts are standalone it means either old files must be used

or wait till we release czech version later ;)

Are there any more patches going to be released for OFP? Btw, maybe I haven't read the information correctly, but where is Red Hammer campaign?

Are there any more patches going to be released for OFP? Btw, maybe I haven't read the information correctly, but where is Red Hammer campaign?

Probably not, but there are still problems with 1.99 working perfectly :)

Although adopting the 'extended editor' (with bigger 'map window' like in ECP or WGL) would be nice...

Red Hammer was developed by Codemasters. You can still play it in CWA by copying redhammer.pbo campaing to CWA's campaing folder and Voices_RH.pbo to Addons folder.

Where is Sopwith Camel though?

I'm getting a weird bug... (system is running an AMD C-50) Whenever I start the game, it starts in 640x480. I have to set the game to 1280x720 in game all the time, even if I set it to this in the preferences...

Any Ideas?

Also oddly Arrowhead runs faster!

Edited by Hokum15

It's not odd that OFP performance isn't ideal on modern hardware. It simply doesn't take full advantage of it. It was designed to take advantage of 10 year old hardware instead.

In other words, don't be silly and crank terrain detail and view distance to max. Your PC won't be able to take it very well.

Tried playing the latest build and the 1985 campaign is still buggy in the first mission after training. If you get out of the helicopter before the rest of the squad, the helo takes off and the last 2 guys end up falling to their deaths or severe injury. Meanwhile, the second helicopter with troops flies right into the trees and usually explodes with the other team onboard. This is consistently reproducable.

I copied the campaign files over from my 1.9.6 install (which are a different size than the ones that come with 1.9.9) and it fixes the issue. Dunno if anything else changed in 1985.pbo or resistance.pbo that using the 1.9.6 versions would negate though. The files are definitely not the same as the ones that come with CWA.

It's not odd that OFP performance isn't ideal on modern hardware. It simply doesn't take full advantage of it. It was designed to take advantage of 10 year old hardware instead.

In other words, don't be silly and crank terrain detail and view distance to max. Your PC won't be able to take it very well.

Hmm I never said I was running at silly settings... Also your post doesn't help the main reason I posted.

It wasn't directly aimed at you, but everyone. Even at non-ridiculous settings my OFP still goes down to 20 FPS at times, but never goes lower than that. Modern hardware just isn't fully compatible with OFP's engine.

I'm getting a weird bug... (system is running an AMD C-50) Whenever I start the game, it starts in 640x480. I have to set the game to 1280x720 in gave all the time, even if I set it to this in the preferences...

Make sure your ColdWarAssault.cfg in your installation directory isn't set to "Read only".

fixed, also all mirror owners who have v1 and v2, please replace it with v3 and tell me

(pm, skype , email or else)

Small question: after copying VoiceRH.pbo to CWA addons folder, Russians still speak with english voices. In GOTY russian voices works. Is it connected to russiannames.hpp file?

Small question: after copying VoiceRH.pbo to CWA addons folder, Russians still speak with english voices. In GOTY russian voices works. Is it connected to russiannames.hpp file?

VoiceRH.pbo works fine for me.

Interestingly addons are still loaded from both \Addons and \Res\Addons.

A question for Maruk in regards too <Arma> CWA.

Perhaps conduct a poll much like you did for Arma III.

Would people buy a version of CWA if it was highly polished; with additional useful commands, optimized Multiplayer that allowed players to dynamically jump in during a session of MP game, etc.., etc...

The idea would be not to stray too much away from the interface as it is. Just optimize it as far as the current game engine allows.

But keep it backwards compatible for addons,Islands,Missions,Campaigns,scripting commands.

Edited by WW2Weasel
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if it's a bug, also happened with v1.96: Sometimes when I command a squad (doesn't matter the amount of soldiers), I stop and crouch, all of my soldiers will start "advancing" and go forward without stopping.

Anybody else encountered this?

RaNgeR_24, that's normal behaviour in case you've commanded your squad to advance or set them to danger or stealth behaviour.

Hi,

First of all thanks for patch, not many developers do that for a 10 yr old game

Played the CWC campaign recently and I just started again with A:CWA and spotted a few bugs right away.

1st Pic is James talking with Blake 1.96

OFPCWCJAMES.jpg

2nd Pic is the same scene with the 1.99

I guess with the new version Blake is louder and James is protecting his audition

ACWAJAMES-1.jpg

Mission Flashpoint with the 1.99 patch

60% of the time bravo squad chopper is going to crash just like the picture below, the other 40% of the time they just barely avoid the woods by a few feet

CWAASQDCHOPPER.jpg

Edited by ratoa

Make sure your ColdWarAssault.cfg in your installation directory isn't set to "Read only".

Ahh thats the trick. Thanks!

Further testing: "getMove" does not exist

in my opinion this is serious problem for me,coz things in configs and resources can be ixed by comunity missing command can't

and i have that 60% bravo crash even in v1.96

Edited by Miki45

in my opinion this is serious problem for me,coz things in configs and resources can be ixed by comunity missing command can't

and i have that 60% bravo crash even in v1.96

Really? Because I tried that mission more than 10 times in 1.96 before posting here and as a matter of fact I tried twice just now and every single time the chopper land close to the road which is not the case with 1.99 if for some reason the chopper don't crash the pilot lands closer to the forest.

Really? Because I tried that mission more than 10 times in 1.96 before posting here and as a matter of fact I tried twice just now and every single time the chopper land close to the road which is not the case with 1.99 if for some reason the chopper don't crash the pilot lands closer to the forest.

There are too many factors afecting that, including view distance, FPSs of the game itself, terrain detail, etc.

For example, the first error of Gatovski talking to the phone, I experienced it almost every time in the 1.96 version as far I remember

Gotcha

I have the same configuration on both (terrain, view distance, etc) but I guess the game is picky

I was getting those same errors (phone, helos crashing) in CWA until I copied my 1985.pbo and resistance.pbo from my 1.96 install. It now works perfectly fine. Whatever is causing that first mission in CWC to bug out is in the campaign file, not the engine changes or system settings.