Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Arma: Cold War Assault

Faster game loading might be due to the reduction of amount of folders and files in 1.99.

It's gonna be hard not to call this game OFP any more......so im just gonna stick with ofp

Next up.. they should make the game completely free to to the public like what microsoft did on MEchWarriors and the Arma 2 free

Next up.. they should make the game completely free to to the public like what microsoft did on MEchWarriors and the Arma 2 free

I have the notion that BIS might have liked to do that, but that Codemasters might not :)

So, a patch is something that Codemasters cannot complain about :)

Just overwrite fonts.pbo file (DTA folder) with the old one from 1.96.

Yeah, tried this, but it doesn't work. Anyway there are DTA and RES/DTA folders, and both have fonts.pbo. Also to switch lang. i need to launch CWA via ColdWarAssaultPreferences, but Polish is not listed there.

If you want to have main menu and user interface in polish langauge you have to translate CONFIG.BIN or use the old one from 1.96.

You are mistaken, my friend. :) If you want to have the main menu and user interface in polish langauge, just overwrite STRINGTABLE file (BIN folder) with the old one from 1.96.

Just updated XR CTI Server to 1.99 but need to try make people switch to 1.99 sence most still play on 1.96

Oh god...why is not still czech translation?

OMG ... I just found this thread! Thanx, BIS!

Will immediately inform some lazy ol' gamerz long gone because of family and business (only !!) !! ;-))

They'll be amazed like hell! 10 years! And still patching!!

But I tell you what: There's something wrong between www.heise.de and you. This should really be in their news. They are serving the whole German IT community with news etc. also about games. Though the attitude/spirit of their customers is much alike BIS games I NEVER read something about BIS. That's unbelievable. What's up?

THIS MUST GET MENTIONED there!

Thought I would breeze by Ofp.info and I found something I thought I would never see again. A new patch for OFP (or should I call it ArmA:CWA). :yay:

Thank you and a Happy (belated) birthday.. :bounce3:

Downloading it now.. Do you think we'll see any more patches? ;)

#Cakes

I found Czech version of CWA on Sprocket. Where I can download Czech patch 1.99? Or I have to buy it?

I love that this game is 4.99 Euros from here but on Steam it's $60 USD. :)

That's really weird... And the requirements of steam's page are the ones for ARMA

They should fix it soon or there will be some confusions

That is an old old, promo picture and no it does not show in game.

STGN

That is an old old, promo picture and no it does not show in game.

STGN

Really, really old. It puzzles me why they used it instead of edited parts of ingame shots, as this paints a completely false picture of the game.

I do not notice any difference between the OFP CWC and ARMA CPA. PMC Baltic Command also hangs when trying to run out of storage. Tanks without guns on the commander's cupola, BMP-1 is also an invisible anti-tank rocket Malyutka, and the units bowlegged like a month from his horse did not get down.

Back in 1998 it looked more adequately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqlu2...eature=related

Just bought the OPF CWC special edition, including red hammer and resistence. I had some problems with starting it but now it works great.

ATM I am at the mission where you have to survive alone after your squad has been killed . That mission is HARD.

Just bought the OPF CWC special edition, including red hammer and resistence. I had some problems with starting it but now it works great.

ATM I am at the mission where you have to survive alone after your squad has been killed . That mission is HARD.

There were problems on windows 7?

There were problems on windows 7?

I dont know but it works on my older pc with xp so I guess.

I dont know but it works on my older pc with xp so I guess.

Recently my sister bought a fairly powerful computer windows 7 64-Ñ…: processor Intel Core i7 3.67 GHz / 4 GB RAM / Chipset Intel IbexPeak H55 / videocard Nvidia Geforce GTX 460SE 1024 MB. And also OFPR 1.96 will not open and gave an error, other games like ARMA and ARMAII look and they can play, but the computer freezes, so I think the problem is the drivers. ARMA CWA without problems start, but in the early start gives a window where the processor is identified as the Pentium II 3.67 GHz.

Maybe its windows 7 or its something else, does anyone know this?

Can you play OPF GOTY edition on a windows 7 ?

Maybe its windows 7 or its something else, does anyone know this?

Can you play OPF GOTY edition on a windows 7 ?

Initially I had OFPR 1.85 and I put the patch to version 1.96, I still went fine on Win 7 32-x for Dell Vostro 1015 processor Intel Celeron T4100/2Gb RAM / integrated videocard and a Sony Vaio Win 7 64-x with processor Intel P6000/3Gb RAM / ATI Radeon 5470 videocard ...

I think you have problems with drivers, just download and try out new