Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Arma: Cold War Assault

Is it problematic in any way that the preferences list 1GB of RAM instead of its max of 2GB RAM?

In 1.99 troubleshooting thread this problem was mentioned. Looks like it's CWA problem - OFP don't have this problem, but I can't confirm this with my 512MB RAM :)

Is it problematic in any way that the preferences list 1GB of RAM instead of its max of 2GB RAM?

I didn't look into it, but i don't see any performance difference.

My slightly modified ECP works fine but my own config based on FlashFX with Llaumax sky and some minor AI tweaks, throws up an error about missing cwa logo. The game loads if I hit enter to get rid of the message but the CWA logo on the main screen is gone. Not sure why. Still works fine so far it seems.

Are you using the "nosplash" parameter ?

Are you using the "nosplash" parameter ?

Yes, but it also happens without it. ECP works fine so it seems like it's something with my config.

hi can i expect to see any memory bug fixs i get them alot becasue of the amount of mods and ai i use?:yay:

BTW good to see you guys still care about us

another thing can we ever expect to see the SDK for ofp ?

Mine are working flawlessly.

Do you use DMA custom anims? I wonder if they work with 1.99 correctly.

My OFP weights 25 Gb because of mods so now I'll test which addons and mods work, which don't.

another thing can we ever expect to see the SDK for ofp ?

The tools have been out for many, many years now. :)

Edited by Zipper5

Installed this yesterday and was almost on verge of tears seeing that starting menu again after so many years.

Now, if I can just find the fdf package again from somewhere...

:yay:

Installed this yesterday and was almost on verge of tears seeing that starting menu again after so many years.

Now, if I can just find the fdf package again from somewhere...

:yay:

You can still get FDF from ofp.info.

Speaking of which I think CWA is sufficiently worthy to update the news on that site.

Do you use DMA custom anims? I wonder if they work with 1.99 correctly.

My OFP weights 25 Gb because of mods so now I'll test which addons and mods work, which don't.

Nope but i'm playing mods with animations overhauls and they are ok.

Maybe a very stupid question from me, but just too be sure this is OFP CWC re released on ArmA cold war assault yes?

will my FuRR2008 work on this like on my original OFP cwc goty version or not? before i stupidly delete codemasters sick logo pack from my pc in return for a this charming replacer :D

thanks in advance i might posting in the wrong thread.

Edited by KBourne

They're practically the same game. All the mods and addons will work as well in CWA as they do in OFP.

They're practically the same game. All the mods and addons will work as well in CWA as they do in OFP.

nice thanks Rellikki for the heads up ill try it out then ;-)

Edit: Ok furr does work but it has complications because you cant install the htwl, the installer is made for ofp so it wont run. But ECP works, however you cant install it directly with the auto installer, you need the original ofp cwc cold war crisis resistance install it in there then copy paste it in ArmA cold war rearmed and make a short cut for it ;-)

if i am allowed i can re upload ECP unpacked from the installer for others to download with a readme for how to install it, i wont take credits but maybe its easyer for those that don't have ofp cwc anymore or never where able to buy it in the past? although i need approval for that!

kind regards

Edited by KBourne
added info

Nice release :) I haven't played OFP in ages but with this release I quickly DL'd the old Tonal remake, installed and played a while. So much fun! So many memories :)

I've tested my full WGL setup (offline/local), which consists of wgl5, the TacOps addons, the Ryan and AT unit and weapons replacements, the llaumax skies, and Mr. Burns' AEC islands replacements. Looks to me like everything's working, including Sanctuary's binoculars mod.

But ECP works, however you cant install it directly with the auto installer, you need the original ofp cwc cold war crisis resistance install it in there then copy paste it in ArmA cold war rearmed and make a short cut for it ;-)

To install ecp mod with the auto installer, rename "ColdWarAssault" on 'FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE." That's all.

screenmw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome :D I wonder with this being released (and if its released on Steam with the anniversary X edition) that the game will be revived once more. Such as mods being somewhat updated and what not.

From what I see on the servers, there are only 3 or 4 with 1.99 patch and the rest still 1.96

From what I see on the servers, there are only 3 or 4 with 1.99 patch and the rest still 1.96

If they release a Linux server, I'll give it a go.

This is a lovely re-release, and it promises to have higher FPS... my first little test was:

20 vs 20 tanks on Desert island

v1.96 lowest FPS was 20

v1.99 lowest FPS was 30... Lovely, just lovely :)

The thing that I noticed right away with this release is the game load faster perhaps they did some optimization that we don't now

Now I wonder why the system requirement are higher at the official A:CWA page?

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/games/arma-cwa

I guess they don't expect people running this with old hardware

Also if you take a close look at the pictures the unit with the M203 does have

a flashlight in the LBE

The thing that I noticed right away with this release is the game load faster perhaps they did some optimization that we don't now

Well, when doing some modding, I found out that \Res\dta\data.pbo and \Res\dta\data3d.pbo have been merged with their CWC cousins in the normal \dta folder. The \hwtl folders no longer exist anymore either. I suspect that's what leads to the smaller filesize, and less stuff to load into memory.

I've been playing the campaigns, and the improvement generally seems to be around 3-8 FPS at any given time, although that might be because of the game having been freshly installed (my OFP install is a few years old). So far I've only been running the standard game with the ww4bis anims and Modul's sky replacement as the only addons/mods.

Can you tell me why polish font is missing in CWA?

There are "English","French","Italian","Spanish","German","Czech" but polish is missing. I have to say OFP was translated to polish prop. since 2001 from like 1.2x ver up to 1.96, so thats bad i cant use polish signs in CWA.

Well, when doing some modding, I found out that \Res\dta\data.pbo and \Res\dta\data3d.pbo have been merged with their CWC cousins in the normal \dta folder. The \hwtl folders no longer exist anymore either. I suspect that's what leads to the smaller filesize, and less stuff to load into memory.

Yes, i think it's certainly because there is no \res\addons\ duplicates of every files in \addons\ , added to no \hwtl\ or non-hwtl duplicates-variant of each files in the dta or res\dta\ folder.

As if CWA is loading less things, it should be decreasing then the loading time, same as with loading with a big mod like FDF or WGL or ECP, or just loading only vanilla made a big difference in OFP loading time.