Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Arma: Cold War Assault

Any chance itll come out for Macs? xD

omfg, 10 years of support! that's a RECORD in gaming industry!

hi,

Don't know if it the right topic to ask...

If I install ofp 1.99 will I be able to play on 1.96 servers?

Thanks for this great new!

cya.

Nikiller.

It's not a patch, it's standalone. It installs to a different directory and has a different exe. So no, you are not able to play on 1.96 servers.

Very good! Now I'm waiting for the 20th anniversary :)

What are these, could someone explain?

- Added: function getWorld

- Added: User defined maps in missions

- Added: function getMove

Looks like I will not only be playing CWR2 tonight but will be playing OFP as well...

I'm almost speechless. Thanks. You all are amazing. :)

Very good! Now I'm waiting for the 20th anniversary :)

What are these, could someone explain?

- Added: function getWorld

- Added: User defined maps in missions

- Added: function getMove

-BIKI: Returns the name of the current map. Name is actually class as defined in config (eg Intro).

-My guess: play original missions with modded original islands??? (Nogova 2004, Desert Malden/Everon etc)

-BIKI: Returns the current animation being undertaken by a unit.

Edited by JdB

Just dug up these old relics to give a friend of mine my original OFP:CWC CD key so that he could use ARMA: Cold War Assault:

relics.jpg

The manual on the right is from my 2001 purchase of OFP:CWC and that is the Prima Strategy Guide on the left that came in my copy of OFP: Gold Upgrade. Sadly, it has lost its front and back cover and, surprisingly, my OFP:CWC manual's cover is in decent condition for being 10 years old. :D

Clean those bedsheets boy!

hi,

It's not a patch, it's standalone. It installs to a different directory and has a different exe. So no, you are not able to play on 1.96 servers.

Ho ok, I didn't understood it was stand alone I throught ArmA Cold War Assault was a patch for ofp 1.96 to 1.99 :o. Thanks for the reply. Installing it now!

cya.

Nikiller.

Already 10 years ?

I must tell I had discarded the game after a first try and too many attempts to play, judging it unplayable ...

I have no problem with my CDs but all leaflets are gone ...

... found I have 3 GOTY boxes ... wtf, it's not love, it's a virus ...

Happy birthday :cool:

Edited by Old Bear

i have no problems finding my cd + casing.

i DO have some trouble finding my booklet + serial-number after 10 years.

some things you just never lose track of...

IMAG0076.jpg

Hahaha wow... how do any of you still have those? I lose mine after like 3 weeks... :oops:

It requires an OFP CD key.

Yes yes yes, that would be somewhere abouts my stable under the Lee Enfield .303

:(

I'll publicize this, but I think the Cold War Rearmed2 demo is going to serve my desire for an updated OFP:CWC with join-in-progress.

Still, this was a class move by B.I.

Hahaha wow... how do any of you still have those? I lose mine after like 3 weeks... :oops:

I already had OFP installed so it must have just gotten it from the registry. But I still have my OFP manuals (both CWC and Res). I keep them safe. ;)

Yes of course, some things you keep forever.

Hmm, so this means that those with the original ofp cwc but not resistance get resistance for free?

Little confused why this is released as a full game rather than another patch?

Hmm, so this means that those with the original ofp cwc but not resistance get resistance for free?

Little confused why this is released as a full game rather than another patch?

Seems so.

I was also confused, been told it´s due to copyright reasons that BI cannot release another Patch for OFP .. so it´s gotta be this way *shrugs*

Seems so.

I was also confused, been told it´s due to copyright reasons that BI cannot release another Patch for OFP .. so it´s gotta be this way *shrugs*

Ok thanks, I take it red hammer is missing from it?

There was one good mission in it i remember, you got to create defenses and had to hold out against attack. Wont be missed much though, it was the perfect example of the difference between bis and cm.

Some rambo against the world vs long tactical campaigns :)

So, the patch requires an original CD Key, installs into the Bohemia Interactive directory rather than the Codemasters and changes the Main Menu screen. Other than that, you can expect only the fixes and additions in the Readme.

All of your mods and other content will have to be manually moved to the new directory, including the Redhammer campaign.(It IS still compatible right?)

As much as I have spoken and typed the words Operation Flashpoint, Flashpoint, or OFP over the years, it will be difficult getting use to abandoning them to the past.