JdB

JdB Addon Releases

Ok, a wild guess and remembrance (when i look at mine) is that your starting "angle0" in the animation class must be set to 0 if you want the parts of your model to start in the same position in the game as in Oxygen (that's why your ramp isn't opened at the start (in the same state as in Oxygen), while the doors are already opened).

Thank you, that fixed it! :D

I was going by the assumption that angle0 was for a vertical axis and angle1 was for a horizontal axis (enabling sideways movement). I didn't consider for a moment that they were different states (enabling a switch) of the same anim :o

Two addons released yet again, though the first one hardly qualifies ... 😛

Thanks to ProfTournesol and vektorboson for helping fix the animations :cheers:

For more information on how to use the addons, please consult the respective readme file included in the archive.

The Kel Tec SUB9 was a prototype for what would later become the SUB2000. A light weight 9mm carbine designed for downed aircrews, intended mainly for hunting small animals. Using a pistol caliber, it is not recommended to use against humans except for shots to the head at very short ranges. Can use most of the 9mm pistol magazines used by NATO members. It includes the usual "detailed" iron sight and custom inventory pictures as well as a working ejector port.

JdB_KTSUB9_2s.jpg

[Download JdB Kel Tec SUB9] (v1.0)

---------------------------------

The Landing Craft Assault was the British equivalent of the renowned US Higgins landing craft, though different in several ways. The most important difference being that it could carry 36 fully equiped soldiers rather than the 18 of the Higgins, and had a capacity to carry cargo outside of the passenger compartment that also made for a modest amount of additional protection. Getting out of the craft whilst under fire must have been much harder though, it doesn't look like it was built with ease of movement in mind. It was also a lot slower.

I hope Matteo1944 has use for this addon since he requested it. And it only took me a year and three months to complete 😮

JdB_LCA_3s.jpg

[Download JdB Landing Craft Assault] (v1.0)

Note: as this version features a mixed load of troops and equipment, it only carries 27 troops. Those cargo objects just added too much authenticity :bounce3:

---------------------------------

Jesus Christ Jdb,You made my eyes water.... I'm going to test it right now!!!!! I can't even express my gratefulness...

Thank You so much!

Jesus Christ Jdb,You made my eyes water.... I'm going to test it right now!!!!! I can't even express my gratefulness...

Thank You so much!

So how did it go? Did you run into any problems?

No problems at all...it works like a charm!

Yay, no more time spent on bugfixing :yay:

LCA

It has been brought to my attention that soldiers in cargo cannot be killed. Since I am not entirely satisfied with the textures of the LCA I've decided to update those as well at the same time.

Mk.5

Because of a new mapping method that I have found out, which should eventually make things much easier (= quicker) once I have gotten used to it ..., it will take a bit longer to make progress on.

LCA

Texture update is well on it's way, soldier invulnerability not yet resolved.

Mk.5

I keep making the mistake of continuing to add new things all the time. Need to do a last check of all items before I can start texturing.

These are the optics I'm looking at doing right now.

• Schmidt & Bender 10x42 PM II;
  • ACOG TA31RCO 4x32;
  • PSO-1M2 4x24;
  • Elcan SpecterOS3.4x;
  • Aimpoint 3x Magnifier;
  • Eotech XPS3;
  • Aimpoint M68CCO
  • Aimpoint T-1 Micro Close Combat Optic;
  • Kobra EKP-8-15;
  • ITL MARS;
  • Sightmark Holographic Reflex Combat Sight Mini;
  • Laser sight (experimental);
  • Backup iron sights;
  • Iron sights;
  • Minimalistic sights (think MP-5KA1)

Edited by JdB

The HESCO props are pretty good, but placing them in the mission editor is really hard because their icons are squares. :(

Is that somehow possible for you to add icons that will make it easier to distinghuish/place the props in the editor?

The HESCO props are pretty good, but placing them in the mission editor is really hard because their icons are squares. :(

Is that somehow possible for you to add icons that will make it easier to distinghuish/place the props in the editor?

This would require custom icons which is possible I suppose. I'll look into it.

I'm looking at exceptionally long list of sights You're planning for the Mk5 and one thought comes to my mind: have You considered adding something like Fagus' Modular Weapon System? It'd open some interesting possibilities for mission-makers and players... Then: it's huge load of config job that may not give any effects.

As for HESCO icons: WW4 2.5 got some, maybe it'll help You?

I'm looking at exceptionally long list of sights You're planning for the Mk5 and one thought comes to my mind: have You considered adding something like Fagus' Modular Weapon System? It'd open some interesting possibilities for mission-makers and players... Then: it's huge load of config job that may not give any effects.

As for HESCO icons: WW4 2.5 got some, maybe it'll help You?

Not too sure. There are so many variables on the weapons and this would add even more. I don't just have optics but also laser sights, flashlights, handgrips etc. That would take an immense amount of scripting as well as even more individual weapon models.

I had a look at them. Sadly there are only three icons, for 1, 5 and 10 blocks so I am going to have to make them myself.

I've updated the Hescos to version 1.05 which adds the custom icons. They are sized properly to a point where you need to zoom in a bit in the mission editor screen at which point when the separate wall icons touch they will be connected together ingame as well. The other objects are not sized as in real life, but rather scaled to eachother so they only give a rouch estimate of their size.

Last picture of an untextured model ... hopefully :rolleyes:

Edited by JdB

Haven't had much time or motivation to work because of AMAR and some other issues. Only just now finished the AA12 model.

JdB_AA12_Model_1s.jpg JdB_AA12_Model_2s.jpg

I'll also try to push out the LCA 1.1 update that I had forgotten about after my technical difficulties some time this week. The differences consist of a more gritty texture (now looks more worn than 1.0) and getting the fire geo lod to work properly for the cargo area which I still need to figure out.

What a coincidence! Last week I was playing with Your's Ithaca and one thought (yup, sometimes I think!) came to my mind: having AA-12 like in ArmA2 would be great! I'm waiting to see the results!

Landing Craft Assault is updated to v1.05.

Sadly the only difference with v1.0 is that the texture now looks better. The vehicle can be shot through most parts without taking damage and the passengers as well cannot be hit. I've copied parts from the Higgins, tried tutorials and searched forums but it just refuses to work which is why this will be my last addon requiring a geo and/or fire geo lod from me. It's just too much trial, error and frustration.

"Finished" texturing the AA-12 (I have one or two more small bits to do that I forgot :o).

JdB_AA12_Texture_1s.jpg JdB_AA12_Texture_2s.jpg

JdB_AA12_Texture_3s.jpgJdB_AA12_Texture_4s.jpg

Edited by JdB

An alternate camo I made a while back to revive the thread while I work on the config. The more variants I add the more config work aargh :eek:

JdB_AA12_Texture_5s.jpg

An alternate camo I made a while back to revive the thread while I work on the config. The more variants I add the more config work aargh :eek:

Nice gun, you going to make version with Aimpoint or Eotech?

And I have second question: What's cituation with SMLE? (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?46166-Project-SMLE/page5)

Thanks.

Nice gun, you going to make version with Aimpoint or Eotech?

And I have second question: What's cituation with SMLE? (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?46166-Project-SMLE/page5)

No, only with iron sights. The main reason is that it takes up a lot of extra time to make variants. Also the Aimpoint and Eotech would come from the Mk.5 SPC pack which I haven't even begun to texture which would mean months of delay for the release of the AA-12.

As for the SMLE, the thread hasn't been updated in 8 years so I think we all know what the status is ... I don't know if the model is any good, nor if the textures are good enough. I can take a look, but seeing as I am planning to stop doing weapons addons for a while I wouldn't hold my breath ...

Haven't got much time tonight so only a quick (early?) release and a short description.

I've started on something new and am going to reveal it in small bits unless someone manages to guess what it is before I reveal the last bit. Whoever guesses right gets ... a cookie.

GuessIt_1.jpg

The hint: It's supposed to be metal and obviously not textured yet.

It's not a gun, I got tired of making them. Note that this is only a small part of the total model. I zoomed in quite a lot. When I'm behind my PC I'll post part 2/3.