JdB

JdB Addon Releases

I was waiting for yours but am using ww4 ones now will probably jump ship when you release em.

Just spent over two more hours (to add to the grand total ... ) trying to get the bastions to stop bullets. It's weird, like the shape of the objects is sometimes the same (like the various enclosures that offer protection on three sides), so the Geometry lods are also shaped the same. I created them all with exactly the same process. Put in increasingly enormous mass values. None of the objects have a Fire Geometry lod. The end result: some stop bullets, some don't. I got one or two more to work, but it almost seems to be completely random whether it will have any effect or not, some bigger ones stop bullets, some smaller ones as well, but equally bigger and smaller ones don't :confused:

Yeah ...

Then there's the polycount, which is about 35% higher than it needs to be (I was going to optimize them further after mapping, but that doesn't appear to be possible). So unless I come up with a solution tomorrow, I'm releasing it "as is". Never liked doing objects, I've had plenty of knowledgeable people explain it to me over the years, and the success rate always seems to be below 50/50 when I try it, even if it's a tutorial.

Edited by JdB

The Kel-Tec Sub-9 is a folding 9mm survival weapon designed for downed aircrew. It can fit a whole host of pistol magazines, the one I've chosen is a 15rd magazine.

Kel-Tec?! From what I've heard about them, it's even "better" (read: worse) than Walther P5! Main problem of them is plastic body. But really cheap plastic, prone to breaking, not that kind of polymer you can see on Glocks/HKs.

You're really into weird guns :D

Just spent over two more hours (to add to the grand total ... ) trying to get the bastions to stop bullets. It's weird, like the shape of the objects is sometimes the same (like the various enclosures that offer protection on three sides), so the Geometry lods are also shaped the same. I created them all with exactly the same process. Put in increasingly enormous mass values. None of the objects have a Fire Geometry lod. The end result: some stop bullets, some don't. I got one or two more to work, but it almost seems to be completely random whether it will have any effect or not, some bigger ones stop bullets, some smaller ones as well, but equally bigger and smaller ones don't :confused:

May i ask why you won't have a fire geo lod ? It can be more detailed than the geo lod, when the geo lod has to be made with only very simple shapes.

May i ask why you won't have a fire geo lod ? It can be more detailed than the geo lod, when the geo lod has to be made with only very simple shapes.

I tried it with one of the objects but it didn't make a difference in stopping bullets, so I figured I might as well leave it out and have the Geometry lods used instead. The objects are just basic shapes (squares, rectangles etc) so putting more detail into them wouldn't make much difference, especially if they're not working anyway. I gave the problematic ones Fire Geo lods, and most are working more or less (some flaws still exist, especially at the top of some of the objects), I'm packing the files.

Edited by JdB

I am releasing two addons, the Walther P5 handgun and the Hesco Bastions pack.

The Walther P5 is a standard 9mm handgun that holds 8 rounds. The P5C is a slightly shorter version. It includes the usual detailed iron sight and custom inventory pictures as well as a working slide.

For more information on how to use the addon, please consult the readme.

JdB_WaltherP5_2s.jpg

[Download JdB Walther P5] (v1.0)

OFPr.info mirror (Recommended)

---------------------------------

Hesco Bastions are used all around the world to allow the rapid construction, and solid protection of military bases. They are extremely common in Afghanistan with ISAF for example.

JdB_Hesco_3s.jpg

[Download JdB Hesco Bastions] (v1.0)

OFPr.info mirror (Recommended)

---------------------------------

Edited by JdB

New release? Very nice! :) But I'll add some of my whining about Walther P5:

- empty shells are ejected to the right side, which is wrong on this pistol

- textures might get little more work: contrast is so low that it seems that whole pistol is painted gray

- P5 variant looks like longer Compact - you forgot about groove on the front of the P5 slide (see here for comparison).

But overall very nice, thank you! ;)

New release? Very nice! :) But I'll add some of my whining about Walther P5:

- empty shells are ejected to the right side, which is wrong on this pistol

- textures might get little more work: contrast is so low that it seems that whole pistol is painted gray

- P5 variant looks like longer Compact - you forgot about groove on the front of the P5 slide (see here for comparison).

But overall very nice, thank you! ;)

Thanks, I've fixed the first two points.

- I knew about that, knew I had to fix something yesterday, but couldn't remember what it was; :o

- It looked perfect in every program except ingame, I hoped it was caused by my ingame gamma settings.

Nice Pistol :P but it seems that the walther is using tracers, looks a bit odd on a handgun. also the ejected casings are rifle casings! Overall, great pistol. gives a good feel!

Yeah ...

Then there's the polycount, which is about 35% higher than it needs to be (I was going to optimize them further after mapping, but that doesn't appear to be possible). So unless I come up with a solution tomorrow, I'm releasing it "as is". Never liked doing objects, I've had plenty of knowledgeable people explain it to me over the years, and the success rate always seems to be below 50/50 when I try it, even if it's a tutorial.

Ah thats a shame they do look really good, then again if the only way to get em working is to start from scratch Id be like 'F*** that'.

Ah thats a shame they do look really good, then again if the only way to get em working is to start from scratch Id be like 'F*** that'.

Well they're released, and they do work, it's just that they could have been more optimized. I used them on desert island and they didn't impact performance at all (it switches to a lower lod pretty quickly) when I used a bunch of different objects to make the screenshot. Objects don't really hurt performance anyway unless you go nuts, calculations for Ai behaviour and ballistics do.

How much more do we have to wait for the LCA? :nuts:

That depends on how much money you are going to deposit in my bank account on the Cayman Islands :cool:

I had a set-back. I had done the mapping of the model, but the program didn't save the work I had done that day ... So I have to do it all again. Shouldn't take that long to do again once I can get back to it, I've been doing other things lately.

Edited by JdB

:down: Damn those programs,i had the same problems as you... But it will be worth of waiting!!! :dance1:

Loving the hescos too late to use em on my iran mission but I will be using these from now on.

Mapping on the main model is done ... again :plain:

LCA_Mappings.jpg

Wow! it looks awesome....but please dont let the same problem happens like with Higgins...it is above the water a little bit....(btw can you tell me how to fix it,or can you fix it?)

What the hell?! Desert camo or what? :confused:

Hope it'll turn out well with no more slow-downs. BTW: what's the number of that Cayman account? ;)

Higgins...it is above the water a little bit....(btw can you tell me how to fix it,or can you fix it?)

... It seems ok to me, it has a very shallow draft ... I'll have another look at it when I release a small update to the Higgins later (noticed the steering wheel isn't turning).

Texturing on the LCA is about 70% finished, some shading and most of the wear and tear such as rust left to do.

I've noticed that,but it doeant bother me,try to lower it for aprox. 10-20 cm...

I've noticed that,but it doeant bother me,try to lower it for aprox. 10-20 cm...

That would mean the floor of the boat is going to be submerged half the time. I remember making the decision to have it set a little higher than in real life so the floor is never submerged. CWA doesn't have simulation of watertight objects, so water is always going to come through if the memory points are too low, which isn't hard to do with a boat as flat-bottomed as the Higgins. Lowering the boat and having the floor submerged makes it look even worse than when it's a little too high, and if the floor of a real Higgins gets submerged, it's going to sink. The better looking choice of the two.

Nice work on those addons! :thumbsup:

May I suggest making a thicker floor for Higgins? That way it would not be above water and no water would be visible inside the boat :)

Icarus

Wouldn't it work to have model in 0.00 LOD lower and model in view cargo LOD higher?

Wouldn't it work to have model in 0.00 LOD lower and model in view cargo LOD higher?

No, because when you look into the Higgins you'd still see the water inside.

I just looked at the screenshots, and I've never seen it that high before. I tested on Desert Island, does it look the same on that?