JdB

JdB Addon Releases

I didn't expected release in this year ;)

My ignore list just keeps growing and growing :angryfire:

BTW

Could You upload somewhere this JdB ? :p

It is already uploaded, I assumed OFPR.info were using the link to their own webspace, but back then I was using a temporary host because of server problems.

[D-Day 60th Anniversary Object Pack]

I should really remake it, and make a screenshot or two with the shadows enabled.

I gave it a try, today's morning, and it performs very well.

I've set up three enemies in a distance less then 50 meters. For me it was really fast, even too fast to kill them. But AI was visibly slower - so I don't think that AI will have any handicap over human players.

But on the other hand, slugs, SABOT and Bambi reload time could be a little shorter - experienced shooters can be amazingly fast in real life! :D

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, unfortunately there isn't any way of limiting the ROF for human players that I know of other than maybe eventhandlers, which I would rather not use at all (I want addons to work straight out of the box without mission making knowledge being required). I tried limiting the speed between bursts like you would for single rounds, but there is no separate setting.

I'll lower the reload time for other shells a bit and test it again. The main reason why the reload between shells is a little longer than usual is because a shotgun is a little different to most weapons in the game, being pumpaction rather than semi-auto, and for the average user that takes some getting used to. Like the way the Kozlice should also have been slower at reloading.

Edit: File updated, reload time for slug, SABOT and Frag-12 reduced by 30%.

But there is one thing that got my attention: M37 have rear sight mounted on the receiver, but search through Google gives me only photos of Ithaca with rear sight mounted on barrel. And it's only on hunter/sporting models. Have I missed something?

That's right, the rear sight isn't like that on any of the Ithacas that I've seen (very few even hav a rear sight), but I went for this option as the M37 is a little fantasy anyway, many real life M37s that have a shorter barrel, and most that have had their barrel sawed don't have any sight at all, just aim down the barrel and pray. I figured that wouldn't work well in ArmA. The front sight has red dots on it only found on hunting models as well, and the engraving is from a hunting model too, police models wouldn't have any fancy engravings.

I also did a little bit of work on the LCA, the lods are now finished. Now to find motivation for everything else ...

Edited by JdB

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, unfortunately there isn't any way of limiting the ROF for human players that I know of (...). I tried limiting the speed between bursts like you would for single rounds, but there is no separate setting.

Yep, I know, but I wonder if anybody at BIS, knew in 2001 that someone might have made shotgun addon with buckshots... :rolleyes:

I'll lower the reload time for other shells a bit and test it again. The main reason why the reload between shells is a little longer than usual is because a shotgun is a little different to most weapons in the game, being pumpaction rather than semi-auto, and for the average user that takes some getting used to.

That's also an explanation, my assumption was that characters in game are bound to have some experience with their weapon of choice, and should shoot better than average Joe. That's why I asked for lowering the reload time.

Now it's way better!

(...) but I went for this option as the M37 is a little fantasy anyway (...)

Let's call it licentia poetica. :)

I also did a little bit of work on the LCA, the lods are now finished. Now to find motivation for everything else ...

All I can say, that your addons keep this game alive, and I wish I'd be so talented as you... Thanks and good luck!

my assumption was that characters in game are bound to have some experience with their weapon of choice, and should shoot better than average Joe.

I'm not so sure. The Resistance was made up of locals, and there was even a mention in the campaign IIRC that Nogova doesn't have any military units, only police. That would mean only the police, some farmers and the odd foreigner/retired commando know how to use weapons effectively. With buckshot it might be relatively easy to hit something, even for a novice, but operating any weapon effectively takes practice.

your addons keep this game alive

I think you misread, this isn't the WW4 thread ;) :p

Oh and that's one thing I forgot to mention in the readme, I use the WW4 animations when figuring out weapon placement for weapons, so it's probably way off when using standard animations (though I haven't got a clue why anyone would want to use those).

Oh and that's one thing I forgot to mention in the readme, I use the WW4 animations when figuring out weapon placement for weapons, so it's probably way off when using standard animations (though I haven't got a clue why anyone would want to use those).

It's ok with vanilla animations too.

I think you misread, this isn't the WW4 thread ;) :p

Hey! I'm not joking, your addons look really nice, and (AFAIK) you're the first who made working illuminated iron-sights (in Mk 20/01)! I hope that LCA is not your last addon (well you could add Mk10 with wooden stock :D).

There is problem with female animations, because they're still BIS ones, but this is rather task for Sanctuary.

(AFAIK) you're the first who made working illuminated iron-sights (in Mk 20/01)!

The Lowlands Warrior mod made them first for their Diemaco's Elcan optics. Hasn't been used that much since, considering the potential it has I can't really understand why, it's so easy to implement.

I hope that LCA is not your last addon

I'm not sure on what to do next, depends on what I happen to come across. I was strolling through my old unrelated models folder (things not related to any addon project or mod), and there were some interesting models, some of which I had forgotten about completely, like a complete model of an AK-103. The model is pretty good considering it's 5 years old, but there's not that much difference with the AK-74, and as I like to do unique or rare projects I'm not interested in finishing it.

I've also got a model of a Walther P5 9mm handgun. It's the handgun of the Dutch police (due to be replaced though), and not many Walther handguns except for the P38 have been made for the game, so it stands a chance. The model needs fixing up, but it shouldn't take more than an hour as it's a pretty high poly one (it was only ever meant for renders).

[Walther P5] (handgun)

[Type 85] (Chinese ultra-crappy submachine gun)

[Cannon] (model used on ships)

[3 Inch mortar] (from scrapped Invasion 1944: XXX Corps)

Then there's the No1 mk3 SMLE, Mosin Nagant M38, Nagant 1895. And that was all just from 2006 :butbut:

2004 has some interesting stuff too, but I fear the models are beyond redemption (if I were to make them, I might as start over because they are probably full of mistakes because of bad modeling), Uzis, HK33 and HK53 family of weapons. Would also like to do something different from weapons, like a UAV such as the Predator, but I'm not much of a scripter :(

Edited by JdB

Just a quick addon that I'm doing after I saw LtDiego asking about fortifications. It's two types of Hesco barriers in a number of pieces to puzzle together into OPs, FOBs, FSBs, bases etc. They're 1.5 meters high.

JdB_Hesco_1s.jpgJdB_Hesco_2s.jpg

How does the AI react to them? Can they be fired over?

How should I know, I have barely gotten them into O2 :p

... which showed that all of the optimizations that I had done to the models in 3DS Max had somehow been reverted to the unoptimized state so I have to do it all over again in O2 :mad:

They're 1.5 meters high (or 3m for the higher ones, about 6m for the tower), so it should be possible for the Ai to fire over them, but as the Ai has a tendency to lay down, mission editing will probably be required.

Finish the type 85 ! Looks great! :p And those Nagants will be cool to have too!

Edited by -Gonzo-

Any news on the hesco fortifications?

Have had a cold recently, and some stuff to do around the house. Furthermore I fear my pc is nearing the end of it's life (strange noises that indicate imminent hard disk failure and unstable voltage levels), so I've been doing backups for important files. Last time I worked on it, there were some problems with the geometry lods, more specifically you could drive right through all objects despite following every step in BRSSEB's house tutorial to the letter. If there's news, I'll post it ;)

Edited by JdB

Last time I worked on it, there were some problems with the geometry lods, more specifically you could drive right through all objects despite following every step in BRSSEB's house tutorial. If there's news, I'll post it ;)

Weight problem usually. Or too complex geometry shapes.

Weight problem usually. Or too complex geometry shapes.

Thanks. I'll give increasing the weight a try. If it's not due to the weight problem, then I'm afraid the addon is scrapped as I have no interest in redoing all of the objects completely.

Thanks. I'll give increasing the weight a try. If it's not due to the weight problem, then I'm afraid the addon is scrapped as I have no interest in redoing all of the objects completely.

I may help ya if needed ;)

Increasing the weight a lot (x15 and more, the tutorial had really small values compared to these objects ... ) worked, but I just noticed they can be fired straight through. Not really what they are known for doing. Need to take another look at the Fire Geometry.

Have had a cold recently, and some stuff to do around the house. Furthermore I fear my pc is nearing the end of it's life (strange noises that indicate imminent hard disk failure and unstable voltage levels), so I've been doing backups for important files. Last time I worked on it, there were some problems with the geometry lods, more specifically you could drive right through all objects despite following every step in BRSSEB's house tutorial to the letter. If there's news, I'll post it ;)

Cheers dude would love to use these in missions.

The pictures says it all really. The aging firearm of the Dutch police that should have been replaced years ago, the Walther P5. It's main selling points are that it can't mount any attachments, only holds 8 9mm rounds, fires off a round when hit with enough force and is known for malfunctioning when you can least afford it (don't count on a total-disaster script though). Walther used their renowned P38 as a basis, so how they messed this one up is beyond me.

It almost sounds like I don't know why I made it ... :j:

JdB_WaltherP5_1s.jpg

The aging firearm of the Dutch police that should have been replaced years ago, the Walther P5. It's main selling points are that it can't mount any attachments, only holds 8 9mm rounds, fires off a round when hit with enough force and is known for malfunctioning when you can least afford it.

You should work in advertisement! Really! :p

But hey, it's really nice looking pistol. I've read that it ejects empty shells to the left! It'll be nice to see this feature in OFP (well, PK(M) does the same).

Any chance for compact version?

Any chance for compact version?

I made the barrel a little too short, so it's already a Compact version. I'll copy it and pull out the barrel for the normal version. The only real difference is in the barrel length (11mm shorter), so the difference will barely be noticeable, and the ingame performance is the same.

So maybe go the opposite way and make sport version with long barrel and adjustable sights?! :p

No, to be serious, the only reason I asked about Compact is that it was used in 007 series movie Octopussy, with Roger Moore, instead of PPK (this way Walther Sportwaffen wanted to advertise new design).

News update regarding all projects:

Landing Craft Assault - Made progress on mapping, I had done it once already but the program decided that saving progress was just silly ... :@ ;

Hesco bastions - Going to give it one more try, the way I designed them from the start was fundamentally flawed, fixing completely would mean starting over from scratch;

Walther P5 - Almost ready, need to fix one or two things;

Kel-Tec Sub-9 - Ready to import into O2;

JdB_KTSUB9_1s.jpg

M5 Special Purpose Carbine - Making resolution lods;

JdB_ITMM5_Model_1s.jpg JdB_ITMM5_Model_2s.jpg

Two weapons were added since the last news update, two more from the "Where the hell do you find this stuff?!?"-category (answer: books) that I prefer.

The Kel-Tec Sub-9 is a folding 9mm survival weapon designed for downed aircrew. It can fit a whole host of pistol magazines, the one I've chosen is a 15rd magazine.

The M5 SPC is a 7.62x51 machinepistol (yes really, it's 71cm long not counting the silencer, ITM makes some crazy prototypes like double-barreled + double-caliber weapons) based off of ITM Tool And Die's Model 5 prototype.

There are some interesting things for me on this weapon besides the insane caliber, firstly the optics. Besides the XT-660 that I've used before, I've now also added an Aimpoint 3XMag optic that allows for 3x zoom to the regular sight picture. I'll do two versions, one with the magnification and one with only the XT-660. Also there will be two different magazines. Besides the already large 40-round magazine there will be a 125-round drum. That's just not fair :cool:

Edited by JdB

@Jdb I could swear I've already seen those bastions somewhere... :hmmm:

I prefer to make things that have never been made before, but with something as popular as Hesco bastions, I'm sure I'm not the first one to ever make them (I think I've seen one or two versions by other addonmakers).

I was waiting for yours but am using ww4 ones now will probably jump ship when you release em.