Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

max power the us mortar rifle man is working perfect but the ah-64a b4 u turn on the engines u see the blades when u turn on the engine when the rotors rotate u cant see them i think its a bug

I was trying the maps without the units and such so I could make modern scenarios on them, but I noticed all HQ callsigns done through stringtable.csv were replaced with Papa Bear as if I had all the .pbo's activated as normal. Is there a certain way to overwrite that title and use the one the mission intended? Nothing game breaking of course, but a little annoying if a specific callsign was given.

Edited by Devil Dogs SF

Hey guys, congrats on the already released content, really huge despite "only" a demo version.

I don't have time to read through every bug report, but for some reason the mod screws up vanilla Mi-8 MTV-3 and Su-25 models.

Edited by Banderas

@ OMAC

the .bikey file is a "serverkey" - which basically means it's really of interest only to server admins... Technically, it goes in the "Keys" folder of your main game directory, but you only really need it if you use your machine as a dedicated server - and only then if you also have signature checking enabled...

Hopefully someone will leap in and correct me if I'm wrong, but the theory is...

All addonmakers create for themselves a unique "signature file" - they use this to make a "serverkey" (the .bikey file)... this is a server "masterkey" which identifies the addonmaker... he also makes "signfiles" (.bisign) to match every addon he publishes... these are generated automatically - using that signature file - when the addonmaker binarizes and "locks" his addon... it matches that exact version of the addon and no other...

If a hacker were to debinarize and exploit that addon then repack it - it would no longer match the .bisign file...

When you join a server - it looks at each addon you have, and checks its .bisign file against the addonmakers .bikey - if they match, you're in - if they don't or if the .bisign file is missing, you get booted...

... all very clever... but the short answer is - you don't need it...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

OK, thank you, Bushlurker.

Campaign is loads of fun so far...

After the second campaign mission (Regina), in the cutscene of the soldier's graves, I get an error "SFX Taps not found" and there is no Taps playing. I just noticed that Dom8758 mentioned this problem earlier - I didn't know that the guy was Armstrong when he is old - cool.

Edited by OMAC

The campaign seems to have a strange bug. Right after camp/patrol when you should "relax", at the MAP screen an error window appears complaining about a missing m107 something no longer exists. The m113 heads through the town even before the dialog between the two buddies next to the player begins. Berghoff follows the m113 by foot, nothing else happens. A few minutes later we get a chat about asking for support. A WP appears about 2000 meters where the m113 should have taken us.

Can't reproduce that one. If you are running other mods, you need to turn them off to play CWR2. If you are not running other mods, you should update CWR2 and its missions to the latest version. If you have done that, try reinstalling CWR2. If that doesn't work, you might need to redownload it. Make sure also that Operation Arrowhead is up to date.

Ok i have played through it all the way up to Camping and ive found 3 things

1. SFX tape not working message in the part where armstrong is old and looks the graves

After the second campaign mission (Regina), in the cutscene of the soldier's graves, I get an error "SFX Taps not found" and there is no Taps playing. I just noticed that Dom8758 mentioned this problem earlier - I didn't know that the guy was Armstrong when he is old - cool.

I didn't know that either. LOL. Your bug is noted ^_^

2. Camping is really buggy first run i got to the truck it berghoff said to disembark the Humvee and get in the truck then when i got in the truck he said disembark that get in the Humvee then told me to get out and get in the truck then we picked up the squad and 2 kozlowski and bermioli both warped into the truck while the others got in then we drove for afew miles and then we passed a Humvee and another truck then he had me disembark and ran to the town

Sometimes the ArmA 2 AI does what it likes and the more you try to force it into something, the more it breaks. If you've got it running fine then it was probably a one-off problem.

2nd try worked fine until when we spotted the russian patrol berghoff and kozlowski got killed almost instantly i ran behind a tree waiting for them to reload and then they killed bermioli and threw a nade at me and they die way to quickly maybe add the first aid module so we dont have to bring them back in body bags

I thought the mission had the first aid module applied. I'll pass your suggestion along.

However the single player mission 'Battlefields' still doesn't show as completed in the menu even though I've completed it twice. Oh and the sights view for uh-60 door gunner is obscured by part of the gun and is unusable in that view.

I have the same problem with some missions. :plain: Not only with our missions, too. It must be something common. I'll let the mission people know.

I was trying the maps without the units and such so I could make modern scenarios on them, but I noticed all HQ callsigns done through stringtable.csv were replaced with Papa Bear as if I had all the .pbo's activated as normal. Is there a certain way to overwrite that title and use the one the mission intended? Nothing game breaking of course, but a little annoying if a specific callsign was given.

I'll deliver your suggestion. I don't know if it's moddable but we'll see.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback.

Let me also recommend our CWR² Community Issue Tracker. Not only can you report bugs, but you can check on the status of your tickets and be updated instantly as we work to squash them. You can also make suggestions. This way you can skip the middle man (me) and communicate directly with the person who will be fixing your issues.

Edited by Max Power

eh the M113, M113A2 and M113A3, is it on purpose you must ether "turn out" or use "drivers view" to see anything out of those windows when in driver position?

Can anyone tell me about this?

Is it a feature or a bug?

If it's a feature I won't report it...but if it's not intended to be like that, then I will make a CiT.

I believe that's how the model is but you can always put in a feature request. I think the thing with those 'windows' is that they are not windows, they are periscopes and ought not to function like windows. You can throw up a ticket and someone who knows more about it than I do can assess the issue in due time.

this mod : no island Malden?

It's a demo. Malden will come later.

the "main" release.

Is the main focus on the addons or the campain?

Or is it both?

What did you deside on that?

I thought the mission had the first aid module applied. I'll pass your suggestion along.

I'll deliver your suggestion. I don't know if it's moddable but we'll see.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback.

Let me also recommend our CWR² Community Issue Tracker. Not only can you report bugs, but you can check on the status of your tickets and be updated instantly as we work to squash them. You can also make suggestions. This way you can skip the middle man (me) and communicate directly with the person who will be fixing your issues.

It didnt i use DAC first aid module it makes it so i dont have to place the BIS first aid modules anymore and when your hit with BIS everything looks like your on LSD,DAC makes everything from a first person view blood spattered and red also new bugs found the russian soldiers at distance have on their old models with the bright flora camo,the us machine gunners m60 seems to be floating just above his hands ill keep a look out for more bugs

Can anyone tell me about this?

Is it a feature or a bug?

If it's a feature I won't report it...but if it's not intended to be like that, then I will make a CiT.

Its a feature!

Press Numpad 0 to see throught the driver window.

So when is the full campaign planned for release? Will it be like the one released for Arma 1? I think that was a great succes.

the "main" release.

Is the main focus on the addons or the campain?

Or is it both?

What did you deside on that?

Answer = *everything*. We've been at this for three years.

all ofp official 'addons'.

all campaigns, sp and mp

all (ofp) islands, plus a few surprises.

*some* kegs/barron editor102 missions

a limited few, very popular, oem addons

We are supplying some tools, and documentation on how to convert your favorites to play on the arma engine. And some tools and documentation to convert your ofp oem addons to arma. This is OFP using the arma engine, not, an arma mod looking (a bit like) ofp.

you already have editor102 bundled in the demo. It is 100%compatible with all missions that used it in the past. (I should know :cool: )

one of the next releases (up to the boss) will be a compatibility addon so that 90% of your ofp missions don't require modification. ofp units and addon requirements are 'translated' automatically, along with most (not all) animations.

From other posts, 'the community' is already patching their old stuff. *Anyone* 'out there' is free to join in. We'll bundle *any* cwr2 compatible 'thing' and credit the author. (subject of course to quality control)

Fantastic demo guys, well done to all involved! Wonder if any of the CM guys have jealously played this :p

Just one thing

how do you complete the Seize Montignac mission? In the original game after fighting in Provins, I always pulled back to the woods nearby before the helicopter could take me out, but in the demo my squad tries to take on the BMP in Provins & gets wiped out there, and when I escape to the woods the mission doesnt time out like it did originally, instead the BMP keeps circling around & letting off volleys of shot at me deep in the woods, not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong? I'm assuming the next mission is the same as in OFP when you wake up in the woods surrounded by your dead squad...

I'm not a missions guy so my advice is going to be a bit simple.

Make sure you're running the latest version of the mission. I was play testing the mission a bit and at some point close to the demo release it was broken. I can't be sure when the fixed version was introduced.

The mission path that I took when I play tested the mission is like so:

You take Montignac and are ordered to retreat.

You are waylaid. After you defeat the ambush forces, the Army sends a helicopter. You are ordered to wait at the gas station.

The helicopter is shot down and you are then ordered to retreat into the woods.

In the woods, the mission ends.

There was a problem with step 2 in that sequence.

Armstrong should note once his squad is cut down and he's alone. If that doesn't happen, that is a problem as well.

BTW thanks for using spoiler tags!

I see by the ticket I made for this issue on the CIT that this issue is already resolved ^_^

I'm lovin' the CWR2 combat so far - thanks!! Hard as hell on Veteran (without thermal scopes - I know - they didn't exist in OFP).

I have noticed that injured men are commanded to get help from medic, but if one exists (I have seen "medic" backpacks on guys), I've never yet seen them give care, and no men, including yourself, are able to provide medical care. One time at the end of Alert, an injured guy took forever to crawl to the waiting exfiltration truck, but wouldn't ever get on the truck as he was being commanded to get help from non-existent medic, and he kept replying "No Can Do." There at least should be a "carry" command option so that we can carry injured men, no? And why can't we provide medical care ourselves?

Please let me know if I am mistaken about this.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, in Seize Montignac task description in Montignac Must Fall mission, wording doesn't match map - Charlie team should move in from northeast of town, not southwest.

Edited by OMAC

So when is the full campaign planned for release? Will it be like the one released for Arma 1? I think that was a great succes.

there are three official campaigns. Two are 'working' in house. they are not ready for prime time. The concentrated effort has been where arma shines and that is MP. Wolle supplied appetisers, so blame him. :D

We have two other campaigns under consideration.They were voted by ofpec 8/10 (which is an impossibly high score). I am not naming them because it would discourage an enthusiast from doing them before we do and that's not what this mod is about. This is ofp on arma, and we want people to dust off their favorites and get stuck in.

for non-official islands we are limiting ourselves to one or two 'good' missions which made those islands popular. In the hope that the community jumps in and runs with them.

Its a feature!

Press Numpad 0 to see throught the driver window.

So you mean that a none functional periscope view is a feature....

I know about drivers view, yes that works like always and like a charm.

But to have none functional periscopes seems to me like a feature that I don't need.

A drivers should be able to look out all those periscope views, even if he don't see very much and even if he can't drive any good with it.

But since it's a feature I will leave it alone.

I would more or less call it a limitation. We might be able to make them function as windows. It won't be super correct, though. I'd like to know what the actual visibility is through those things.

Maybe a good way to fake it would be to raise the whole viewdriver LOD up a foot.

I would more or less call it a limitation. We might be able to make them function as windows. It won't be super correct, though. I'd like to know what the actual visibility is through those things.

Maybe a good way to fake it would be to raise the whole viewdriver LOD up a foot.

it does sound pretty insane using an num key, doesn't it. First time i looked i assumed it was a wip from the modeller, not a 'feature'. I think we can do two things here.

*provide a semi-opaque 'window' so that it is clearly not broken.

*provide a trigger in the "get out"/"eject"/"use periscope" stack in the model's cpp

I think using the same key as the 'aim' key should be good enough. I think putting too many things in the action menu is cumbersome.