Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

There's no way on God's earth our front panel is 'confusing to noobs'. What is confusing is having the 3D editor there, to avoid that, it will *probably* be replaced by 'Campaign' or nothing at all. (we'll make it available somewhere else).

what's valuable here, is the feedback we're getting.

Don't get me wrong. It's just a suggestion that you make it possible to not use your GUI and just have the standard BIS interface.

I have been through a lot of different GUI's over my 9 years with BIS games and addons.

It feels like I stepped on somebody's toes here, that was not my intention.

If you don't want to change it, then it's up to you. You guys make this addon and you guys have all the power to make it what you want it to be.

I only asked.

Sorry

I just came from a few games of CWR2-demo. Short and sweet. Its been great. OFP and therefore CWR2 has a wonderful simple purity of design which makes the game very enjoyable to play.

I notice that some of the assault rifles lack the center 'pip' of the crosshair. Is this intentional design or an oversight? In my opinion it great. It provides a reasonable representation of where your weapon is pointed without removing the functionality of the actual ironsights themselves.

Also I'll say that your UI is Effin' gorgeous and Arma2/OA is in dire need of an update!

-k

@nobrainer. pause a moment please

your feedback is 100% valid, valuable, and *essential* to us. It has been gratefully recieved. You caused no insult, sterpped on no one's toes, and I, in turn , do not intend any. There's an acccepted, dog of an issue, with 3D editor putting all other issues in the shadows. I had hoped people would say 'wow'. That's hasn't happened (yet) <grin>.

our *current* approach is 'nostalgia'. we want the look 'n feel of ofp, without limiting or denying all the extra goodies that arrowhead panels provide, and, without going overboard. Yes, the main panel is, very much, 'in your face', but realistically, the alterations are quite modest. As someone above has pointed out, it is that 'simplicity' feeling. I am glad for that comment because it is what we wanted to achieve.

Frankly, without the above, we are 'just another mod'. *THIS* mod is ofp, and we want players to be very, very aware of that. It's not, 'just another ho-hum, exciting for 10 minutes, and play something else.

Also, please be aware, that the instant we do, as we have done, it inspires others. a sort of 'wow' how can i do that. and they go off and fiddle. It's advertising in your face how unbelievably modifiable arma/ofp has always been. It encourages 'players' to become 'modders'.

And our final, hidden message, if you like, is to bring back the 10,000's of lost ofp players who detested arma1 and threw the game away. This is telling them, come back home, because you can have your old cake and eat it too.

*everything* is negotiable. If the front panel is detested, it goes down the sewer. I'll fight, kick, and scream to present our case so that it doesn't happen. But, like anything else, convince us otherwise, and it's gone.

For what it's worth, I love the OFP style menu screen. :)

The great thing about big OFP mods was that they had their custom menu. It felt like creators really wanted to add more personality to their games.

Remember loading stuff like ECP or FFUR and almost feeling like this is a different game that uses OFP engine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZCoUEiN9pg)?

I always wondered why nobody tried to do the same for AA1 or AA2...

Saying that there are some points I want to make:

The menu text definitely needs to be OFP-big. It doesn't look good being so small on such a large space.

Also I hope you will complete changing the menu interface so there will be more individuality to it, not only for the first few options

A custom cursor also would've been a nice eye-candy.

Edited by metalcraze

hihi

String STR_SN_CWR2_AK74 not found

String STR_SN_CWR2_LAW not found

String STR_SN_CWR2_CG not found

fixed (plus) a few others. thanks

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

The menu text definitely needs to be OFP-big. It doesn't look good being so small on such a large space.

Also I hope you will complete changing the menu interface so there will be more individuality to it, not only for the first few options

A custom cursor also would've been a nice eye-candy.

All have now been added to our todo list. doesn't mean the boss (wolle) will put them in final product, but we'll all give em a test drive.

specifically the B I G T E X T is something we had to hash out to release a demo. Everything tried so far has turned ugly. We'll fix that.

yes, to other menus, but we need to not go overboard and throw babies out with bathwater.

:) early days

If you wanted to capture the old OFP feeling then job well done, thanks!

As noted before I think the new UI looks great. Its much more subtle than the default OA menu-- which shows off the cool background screens (and arma2s killer graphics) much better.

Something I don't recall that Operation Flashpoint had-- but somethign that would DEFINTIELY be useful would be keyboard shortcuts for most menues.

-k

I am in trouble. After installing the patch and then the hotfix, the 3.rd/out of vehicle view is dissapiered, just as the command view.

Any ideas guys ???

Did you recently update Take On? I was playing the patch earlier and I was switching around views like nobody's business. Then I installed the new version of Take On and my difficulty was expert all of a sudden.

Edited by Max Power

I have tried to use the dev-heaven "issue" thingy...

Is it correct filled out??

Bug #21788

eh the M113, M113A2 and M113A3, is it on purpose you must ether "turn out" or use "drivers view" to see anything out of those windows when in driver position?

Edited by NoBrainer

hahaha

I'm so wrong if your going for the OFP Resistance style.

But it would be cool if you could make it happen.

Consider it Fully Fixed!

All doors and ladders now working as intended... on my version ;)... Hopefully there'll be an island update included in the next major patch...

Thanks for the detailed reporting! - it was a "no brainer" mistake on my part!

Normally I'd be shot for something like that, but fortunately our Boss is away! :D

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I'm playing the patch and I just have one small complaint. I don't like the washed-out look of the Cold War Rearmed2 logo now. I liked how it was crisp and fresh colored in the original demo but the patch changes it.

btw: CWR2 COOP 04 Clean Sweap - can not play / edit mission beacuse of missing cwr2_tractor, but I guess you already have that error.

Cause found and fixed!

lovely addons guys but there is an issue with the ah64a there is no blades on it i dont no why just wanted 2 report that and the mortar us rifleman cant use his mortar, and max power hows the progress on ur lovely AH-1S model we are only missing that in OFP CWR

lovely addons guys but there is an issue with the ah64a there is no blades on it i dont no why just wanted 2 report that and the mortar us rifleman cant use his mortar, and max power hows the progress on ur lovely AH-1S model we are only missing that in OFP CWR

The AH-1F is going well. I have managed to track down an ex cobra pilot who is answering my (many) questions. I only have to be careful that I don't irritate him, but I fear it's only a matter of time before my incessant pestering has its inevitable effect.

I think there was a hotix for the mortar problem. Are you running the latest version?

That's weird that the AH-64 has no rotors. When I was testing it, it had two rotors. Thanks for the report!

I just installed CWR2 1.0.5180 for the first time, plus patch .5282, plus patch .5282 missions, plus hotfix.

I started the campaign, and everything looks and works fantastic. Congratulations to CWR2 team!!!!

Just to make sure that I didn't screw up my installation, can someone confirm if there should be two cwr2.bikey files, one in ArmA 2 folder, and one in ArmA 2/@CWR2 folder?

Thanks...

Hey CWR team, I have a small request. Could you please add appropriate tracerColor arrays in the configs for all tracer rounds? I would like to enjoy the CWR stuff with my tracer lights. :cool:

Ok i have played through it all the way up to Camping and ive found 3 things

1. SFX tape not working message in the part where armstrong is old and looks the graves

2. Camping is really buggy first run i got to the truck it berghoff said to disembark the Humvee and get in the truck then when i got in the truck he said disembark that get in the Humvee then told me to get out and get in the truck then we picked up the squad and 2 kozlowski and bermioli both warped into the truck while the others got in then we drove for afew miles and then we passed a Humvee and another truck then he had me disembark and ran to the town 2nd try worked fine until when we spotted the russian patrol berghoff and kozlowski got killed almost instantly i ran behind a tree waiting for them to reload and then they killed bermioli and threw a nade at me and they die way to quickly maybe add the first aid module so we dont have to bring them back in body bags

I just installed CWR2 1.0.5180 for the first time, plus patch .5282, plus patch .5282 missions, plus hotfix.

I started the campaign, and everything looks and works fantastic. Congratulations to CWR2 team!!!!

Just to make sure that I didn't screw up my installation, can someone confirm if there should be two cwr2.bikey files, one in ArmA 2 folder, and one in ArmA 2/@CWR2 folder?

Thanks...

One of those should be old and one should be new. Replace the old one with the new one :)

The campaign seems to have a strange bug. Right after camp/patrol when you should "relax", at the MAP screen an error window appears complaining about a missing m107 something no longer exists. The m113 heads through the town even before the dialog between the two buddies next to the player begins. Berghoff follows the m113 by foot, nothing else happens. A few minutes later we get a chat about asking for support. A WP appears about 2000 meters where the m113 should have taken us.

First off congrats on the release, it's absolutely fantastic. :notworthy: It caused me to regress a little when playing, I actually stopped moving to reload my weapon a few times. The new UI is excellent, you just need to replace the other menus with the laptop now :p

However the single player mission 'Battlefields' still doesn't show as completed in the menu even though I've completed it twice. Oh and the sights view for uh-60 door gunner is obscured by part of the gun and is unusable in that view.

One of those should be old and one should be new. Replace the old one with the new one :)

In which directory should the new version of that file reside? The hotfix has a version of that file dated July 1 on the same level as the Missions and @CWR2 directories.

I just saw that there is another (older) version of the bikey file in the @CWR2/addons folder, put there by the demo patch.

How many versions of that file should there be in a correct installation, and where should they be?

I've got cwr2.bikey files at these locations, with version dates:

directory date

-------------------------------------------

ArmA 2 July 1

ArmA 2/@CWR2 June 19

ArmA 2/@CWR2/addons June 30

Is this correct?

Edited by OMAC