Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

Are you guys planning on altering the available eyewear for 'West\CWR2 Men' faction's identity classes for the final release?

Seeing blokes in 1985 with ballistic glasses and Wiley X wraparound shades is a bit odd is all. :D

Oh yes please, think i requested that a good while ago too.

IN mid 80s we need something like this:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1400/1282454118_379c2fba18_o.jpg

Normally also should be a standard selection in A2 id say.

The SLA used a similar setup in A1, so it might just be a BIS invention. But yeah, the thing looks more like a bedroll or rolled-up poncho than a ruck of any kind, doesn't it?

I'd say they are fine as is.

Awesome! I've been in Greece so missed the release of this, but am downloading now! Great work W0lle, looking forward to playing!

It seems that the Russian vehicles made by vilas have some model mistake,If you compare the models to the original ones made by BIS,you will find the height of these vehicle's hull are to high from the ground

It seems that the Russian vehicles made by vilas have some model mistake,If you compare the models to the original ones made by BIS,you will find the height of these vehicle's hull are to high from the ground

What about comparison to the IRL vehicles?

I found a small bug in the independent faction, for the open variant of the V3S truck.

From outside, it looks completely normal, you can see all the troops sitting in the back with no roof.

But when you get inside, and go into first person view, the rear of the truck is closed with a roof, as if it is the other variant of the truck.

Sorry if there is somewhere else to report bugs, just thought I'd type it out quickly.

Graphical improvements are part of our design goals. In this case, we wish to use the information available to us to create or use models of greater fidelity. Part of that fidelity is accuracy, which is important to us. Vilas prides himself on creating models of very high accuracy. If you can point us to more accurate information than was available to vilas, we would, and I'm sure he would, be grateful for it.

Aargh just installed and I cant play it, I'm running Arma 2 with a couple of mods & patched up to the latest version, but apparently I need to have Arrowhead/combined ops too, gutted! Any way round it or do I definitely need combined ops?

Aargh just installed and I cant play it, I'm running Arma 2 with a couple of mods & patched up to the latest version, but apparently I need to have Arrowhead/combined ops too, gutted! Any way round it or do I definitely need combined ops?

There's no way around it, what are you doing without OA anyways? ;)

There's no way around it, what are you doing without OA anyways? ;)

Darn! I best be having a look on Amazon then! :p

Hm, after testing yesterday (campain) it seems I cannot load saved missions. Always have to start from the very beginning :( An error message appears saying it misses several ace* stuff. Does anyone else have this problem?

No, I don't have any ACE stuff, without regard to Chammys Sound Mod, asking for one ace_x something file before every game startup. But when trying to load a saved mission, I'm asked for at least 6 ACE based files, rather more.

Edited by Cyclone83

our mod doesn't have any ACE dependencies. Did campaign save games work for you before?

Wolle, are you going to publish a classlist for CWR2?

Wolle, are you going to publish a classlist for CWR2?

Isn't there a folder in the @CWR2 directory? I see one but I've never opened it.

EDIT:

Yup. They are all there.

CWR² Demo Patch v1.0.5282 has been released. See first post for the links.

Thanks to everyone who reported issues in the forums or in our Bugtracker!

Please see the included readme, especially the installation part.

CHANGELOG

ADDED - Additional Resistance units / camo

ADDED - Backpacks for Resistance Units

ADDED - Modified UI, adds a little nostalgia (still WIP)

ADDED - Two new Spetsnaz models by Schnapsdrosel

CHNGD - Ammocrates are now in their own group

CHNGD - Ammunition count M68 105mm cannon changed

CHNGD - BMP-1/BMP-2/M113 armor values increased/decreased

CHNGD - M1A1 gunner has no TI anymore

CHNGD - Removed Pistols from Units to prevent them getting stuck

CHNGD - T-80BVK has been replaced with BV version - thanks Kenji!

CHNGD - Tank gunners/cmdrs have Night Vision

CHNGD - US Blackops now wear ski masks

FIXED - AKS-74 buttstock added to shadow LOD

FIXED - BMP-1 hit values improved

FIXED - Closed 5t trucks had shadows from open variant

FIXED - Editor groups causing CTD

FIXED - Lock-on with Hellfires etc enabled

FIXED - Lock-on with Hellfires etc enabled

FIXED - No paper trucks are spawned anymore

FIXED - Shadow LOD issues with FIA UAZ and V3S

FIXED - Trucks carrying their original magazines as in OFP

FIXED - US Pilot had no wounded textures

FIXED - Various small mission and model issues

Thank you very much. Keep it up.

Found one bug. Black ops balaclava is not visible on player, only AI. Made a ticket.

Edited by 11aTony
Bug found

This is designed behaviour. The ski mask head models can be forced on using the setIdentity command. The problem is that the ski mask is not compatible with some head models so for now we're using special head models for the ski mask guys. Further, this allows characters to take the ski masks off for cutscenes and stuff. We're exploring other options to allow further flexibility between different character heads and the ability to remove the masks.

Sorry guys, by accident we gave the brave Russian soldiers some fancy clothing. :mad:

They don't deserve that so we quickly fixed that mess in a Hotfix.

And while we were at it, we also updated the SP Missions so the Blackops wear Balaclavas.

ADDED - Two new Spetsnaz models by Schnapsdrosel

Awesome! Would love to see a complete set of these guys

Aww- and here, I LIKED the fancy-clothed Russians! Even with their strange camo and vaguely CDF-esque jackets. I just assumed Guba had finally shelled out for some decent threads for his peon- er- loyal soldiers...

But, seriously, I hate to be "that brand-new guy who asks a bunch of questions in his very first post" (Because those TOTALLY exist), but if you don't mind me asking, are there future plans for the oddly-kitted fellows you just patched out, or were they just a... happy accident? I kinda grew attached to them in the... day-or-so they existed. XD